Madonna's new single 'Hey You' - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #1
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Madonna's new single 'Hey You'

The song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGe0EoHowcc

Madonna Writes New Song "Hey You" for Upcoming Live Earth Concert Series on July 7th

Song to Release at MSN May 16 in Downloadable MP3 Format; Microsoft Pledges Donation Making First Million Downloads Free to the Public; Warner Bros. Records to Release LIVE EARTH CD/DVD of Worldwide Shows

NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- May 17, 2007 -- Inspired by the upcoming July 7th Live Earth series of concerts, Madonna has written a new song, "Hey You," which will be available to be downloaded in the MP3 format on Microsoft's home page, www.msn.com, on May 16. The first million downloads of "Hey You" will be free as Microsoft has pledged to donate $0.25 per download to the Alliance for Climate Protection for the first million downloads.

Madonna is scheduled to perform "Hey You" live at the Wembley Stadium Live Earth concert in London, it was confirmed by her record label, Warner Bros. Records, who have also announced that they will be releasing a live CD/DVD of the Live Earth Concert Series.

Madonna's new song, "Hey You," recorded in London, was produced by Pharrell Williams and Madonna. She is one of seventeen headliners that have been announced including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Genesis, Beastie Boys and others who will perform at Wembley as part of the 24-hour, 7-continent Live Earth Concert Series.

"On 7/7/07, Live Earth will inspire people from around the world to combat global warming with live performances from superstar artists like Madonna," Live Earth Founder Kevin Wall said. "The early release of 'Hey You' is an incredible boost to our efforts to get people engaged in the environmental cause. We are thrilled that Madonna donated her art to Live Earth and is a part of this movement for us."

Live Earth is a monumental music event on 7/7/07 that will bring together more than 100 headlining music artists and 2 billion people to launch an ongoing, mass movement to combat the climate crisis. Concerts will take place in New York; London; Sydney; Tokyo; Shanghai; Johannesburg; Rio de Janeiro; and Hamburg. Live Earth's 24 hours of music across 7 continents will deliver a call to action and the solutions needed to answer the call. Live Earth marks the beginning of a multi-year campaign led by The Alliance for Climate Protection to move individuals, corporations and governments to take action.
The concerts will be streamed live at www.liveearth.msn.com and available on CD/DVD.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #2
country flag ©@®eLess

©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute ©@®eLess has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madonna's new single 'Hey You'

heard it...and dont like it

Jankovic suffers from severe Chinese syndrome! Only God can help her!
©@®eLess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #3
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

AWESOME NEWS
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #4
country flag Ferosh

Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute Ferosh has a reputation beyond repute

It's terrible.
Old May 19th, 2007, 08:06 AM   #5
country flag BigB08822

BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute

What a horribly boring song. The only reason she released this was for a good cause, I would hope she would never be dumb enough to put shit like this on an actual CD of hers.
BigB08822 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 09:12 AM   #6
country flag geegables

geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of geegables has much to be proud of

HAHA
its just SO cliche

geegables is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM   #7
country flag jenny161185

jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future jenny161185 has a brilliant future

ye bit of a letdown when I heard it was produced with Pharell I was imagining these crazy beats, this must be his worst production work ever! o except for Gwens song Wind it up!
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #8
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

I like it !
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #9
country flag bionic71
Worshipping POP ICON GODDESSES

bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it is a much of a song myself...but as a promo for Earth Concert I think it works fine.
I do like the use of the "The Last March" drums, usually used in funeral processions.

And the "if you love someone else, then you can save someone else" lyric bridge section is in a musical/show tune style that is quite interesting.

As far as i know the track is not being released as a commercial cd single..it will a free download only.