"I can win on grass too" - Eastbourne & Wimby - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 17th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #1
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
"I can win on grass too" - Eastbourne & Wimby

Aravane will try to win her first match on grass of her carrier !
She will face a qualifier in Eastbourne where she was moved to the main draw due to several withdrawals.
Allez !

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #2
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "I can win on grass too" - Eastbourne & Wimby

First match against Nakamura. Aiko will have already some matches on grass behind her, so it will be a difficult match for Aravane who doesn't have much references on this surface.
Aravane needs some points now ! Get them !

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #3
country flag Iceland
From island to island

She lost 61 64. I am tired of all these bad losses. Aiko is a good player on grass, but the scoreline is really worring. 5 games are not enough ! She needs to change something but I don't know what. Good luck in Wimbledon.

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #4
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

She barely has experience on grass so I wasn't expecting much from her.Same for Wimbledon.It's for the hardcourts season I'm looking forward to.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 07:59 AM   #5
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Aravane won her first match on grass yesterday ! She is playing an unofficial tournament in Eastbourne reserved to the girls who lost in the first round of the main draw, the Strawberry Tea Cup, and she defeated Anne Kremer 64 62 . She is against Morigami now.
Thanks to Stéphanie who is there for the news ! That's already a relief for Aravane, she knows that she can have some wins on this surface. She will in form for Wimbledon with all this practice.

Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 02:06 PM   #6
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Her draw in Wimbledon :

Ana Ivanovic SRB [6] vs. Melinda Czink HUN
Edina Gallovits ROU vs. Meilen Tu USA
Shenay Perry USA vs. Aravane Rezai FRA
Francesca Schiavone ITA [29] vs. Anne Kremer LUX

(6)MOLIK AUS / SANTANGELO ITA vs MORARIU USA / SCHNYDER SUI
COHEN-ALORO FRA / RAZZANO FRA vs BONDARENKO UKR / BONDARENKO UKR
(Q)HSIEH TPE / KUDRYAVTSEVA RUS vs AZARENKA BLR / CHAKVETADZE RUS
REZAI FRA / VAKULENKO UKR vs (12)KIRILENKO RUS / VESNINA RUS

Good luck !
I don't want to make predictions because I will be disappointed, but it would be very nice to have her in the third round. It is clearly possible. Do your best Aravane !

Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 06:24 PM   #7
country flag Steffy6094

Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold

The draw is not bad so I wish here the best there.
She show that she is abble to win on grass (I saw that with my eyes ) so She can do something good in Wimbly...
I hope so...

I added some pics of Aravane in Eastbourne : www.aravanerezai.info
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #8
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Aravane a gagné
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #9
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Yep 62 76(4) against Perry ! That's really a good win despite a little choke at the end, but what matters is the victory . It will help her rank ; she needed to get through.
Well the job is done and the goal reached. Now she has a chance to go further as she will play Schiavone. Allez .

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #10
country flag souam

souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future

This is one FABULOUS news!

Good luck against Franny ( ) Aravane!
souam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #11
country flag Iceland
From island to island

The stats :

* 3 aces for 3 double faults.
* 15 winners for 9 unforced errors. Perry was actually dictating the game !
* won 71% of the points after the first serve, 59% after the second serve.
* BP conversion : 4/13 , as always .

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #12
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Pour son premier Wimbledon, Aravane Rezaï a passé le 1er tour avec brio. L'an passé, la Française n'était pas sortie des qualifications. "C'était une joueuse qui n'était pas facile à battre car elle montait souvent à la volée. Ma tactique, définie avec mon père auparavant, a bien marché : j'ai évité de la voir trop souvent au filet en la faisant constamment reculer. Je suis contente de moi." Au prochain tour, la 60e mondiale croisera la route de Francesca Schiavone, 30e mondiale et pas très à l'aise sur gazon...

For her first Wimbledon, Aravane Rezaï successfully got through the first round. Last year, the French woman lost in the qualies. "It was a tough opponent to play on grass because she often goes to the net. My game plan, established with my father, worked pretty well : I managed to make her back off so as to avoid her volleys." For her next round, the 60th player in the world will be against Francesca Schiavone, 30th, who is not feeling well on grass.

Old Jun 28th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #13
country flag Bероника

Aravane in round 3!!!!!! She wins Schiavone 6-4,2-6,6-4
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 01:40 PM   #14
country flag souam

souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future souam has a brilliant future

Aravane is in the 3rd round!!!

Aravane is in the 3rd round!!!
souam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #15
country flag Iceland
From island to island

And she is playing very well, as often in Grand Slams ! She said in an interview that she loves grass now .
She has improved a lot especially on her physical conditions . I am too lazy to make another report from this match, but I can say this was highly satisfying because she defeated a good Fran.

Allez Aravane !