No way to escape my Estoril Open reports - I'm posting them here as well - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2007, 12:38 AM   #1
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute
No way to escape my Estoril Open reports - I'm posting them here as well

Same stuff I already posted at GM.

Already here:

Kirilenko
Poutchkova
The Rodionovas
Benesova
Rezai

For the ATP tournament:

Tursunov
Horna
Udomchoke
Gil
Elias

--------

Wandered around the premises a bit. Our fearsome #1 Frederico Gil was hard at work, grunting and topspinning away (man has never hit a flat shot in his life) in the practice courts, which probably means he'll play Sunday.

Up to Centralito. On the stands, a Portuguese coach was upbraiding a teary eyed player who must have been Neuza Silva, but stopped when Lucho Horna, who was passing by smirking and munching an apple, mumbled a comment on the scene to his own coach - a mixed event in a nutshell.

This was my first picture of the afternoon:

Talk about striking gold.

I went to watch Horna's practice session for a while. During a pause, his coach, who looked like one of those old Roman senators you see in films, greeted me politely, displaying that old fashioned courtesy Latin Americans still do so well.

On practice courts at the end of the corridor where I took Kirilenko's photo were several teams of girls who seemed quite poor ball strikers. I was thinking that those misogynists who go on about how women's practice sessions are an embarrassment compared to the men's might have a point, but then Kirilenko was joined by Benesova, they began hitting, and the honour of women's tennis was saved. Benesova's strokes look very quick and compact from up close, and Kirilenko's volleying is a treat. Her BH seems a mess though. Couldn't get a photo of Benesova because there was no gap on the wire fence. They were eventually forced to move out to make room for some kids and for a while shared the court with two French speaking women who seemed absolutely inept. One of them kind of looked like Kremer, but played a 1 handed BH. Her hitting partner was hopeless.

This year's qualies are total scrubsville, so I had no idea who most of the people on the practice courts were.

But I think this woman was there; either her or somebody else with a stocking up her left leg as well:

She was in Budapest too - I got these photos at the tournament website. Any idea who she is? Her hitting partner was absolutely gorgeous. Svelte ponytailed blonde wearing an appropriate "I Feel Pretty" tee, built much like Azarenka, great legs, but somewhat shorter and with a cuter face. Any idea who she might be? (Having looked it up, I suspect it might have been Olivia Sanchez).

Two Spanish speaking clowns were goofin' around on Court 4, and next to it I noticed Poutchkova. She looks somewhat like a Mannerist madonna, with her proportionally small head over a large body (kind of like the opposite of Nuria Llagostera Vives). Her clean, flat, powerful hitting is wonderful to watch, and of course absolutely useless on this surface. I suspect first round crash against some moonballer.

Piccies:

That one was taken by her coach, so don't blame me for the flash of light.

Tursunov injured himself in practice nearby and left limping soon after I took these.

There was this French coach, a left handed, wiry middle aged man with a high pitched voice who talked and talked and talked and talked to his seemingly bored and uninterested (and with good reason) pupil, who seemed to be everywhere.

Then finally I risked my life to take these:

And The Man himself:

Their practice was highly scientific. Daddy stands at the net throwing balls at Aravane for her to whack as if she's trying to kill them, Mommy goes around picking up aforementioned balls. Rinse and repeat. Aravane's footwork is astonishingly rudimentary.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Prokofiev + Son Goku = pwnage
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #2
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No way to escape my Estoril Open reports - I'm posting them here as well

please get brie whitehead pics/interview i am dying to hear about it
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 03:33 AM   #3
country flag Frode
HEADBANGER

Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute

Why am I having a sense of deja vu here....................

Caravane does not look like the fittest player on tour in that picture............
Frode is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 04:11 AM   #4
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute Experimentee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reports!

I always knew there was something strange whenever I saw Poutchkova, but I couldnt think of what, now that you mentioned it, I realised it was that her head is too small for her body!
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 09:21 AM   #5
country flag Kai

Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute Kai has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: No way to escape my Estoril Open reports - I'm posting them here as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post

But I think this woman was there; either her or somebody else with a stocking up her left leg as well:

She was in Budapest too - I got these photos at the tournament website. Any idea who she is? Her hitting partner was absolutely gorgeous. Svelte ponytailed blonde wearing an appropriate "I Feel Pretty" tee, built much like Azarenka, great legs, but somewhat shorter and with a cuter face. Any idea who she might be? (Having looked it up, I suspect it might have been Olivia Sanchez).
Greta Arn from Germany
Kai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #6
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute

Great report Corswandt! We want more!
LCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #7
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute Nadie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Piccies:

That one was taken by her coach, so don't blame me for the flash of light.
great pics and report!
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #8
country flag A Magicman

A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute A Magicman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

She was in Budapest too - I got these photos at the tournament website. Any idea who she is?

I sense blasphemy! This is, as stated correctly, Great Granaten Greta from Germany who just sent Pauline Parmentier packing.

She wears this stocking cos she had a thrombosis in May 2006.

Greta will rock Estoril, you'll have the luck to witness that.

and a reminiscence to the past:
HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Hater of Ratwanska & Wozniacki
A Magicman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #9
country flag shrOOf
YOO-li-ah shroof

shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Magicman View Post
I sense blasphemy! This is, as stated correctly, Great Granaten Greta from Germany who just sent Pauline Parmentier packing.

She wears this stocking cos she had a thrombosis in May 2006.

Greta will rock Estoril, you'll have the luck to witness that.
shrOOf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #10
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

you survived taking a pic of Aravane with daddy around

thanx !!!!!!
nice pics and reports
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 09:42 PM   #11
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Magicman View Post
Great Granaten Greta from Germany
Best

nickname

ever.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Old Apr 28th, 2007, 09:42 PM   #12
country flag Corswandt

Edited.

Eu Jogo Ténis

Last edited by Corswandt : Apr 28th, 2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: double post.
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #13
country flag Steffy6094

Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold Steffy6094 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Then finally I risked my life to take these:

And The Man himself:

Their practice was highly scientific. Daddy stands at the net throwing balls at Aravane for her to whack as if she's trying to kill them, Mommy goes around picking up aforementioned balls. Rinse and repeat. Aravane's footwork is astonishingly rudimentary.
It's the kind of report about Aravane that I hate... You have some bad (very bad) predjuges... Maybe if you take the time to speak with the Rezai's Family you will see that you don't have to beleive in what you read on the media...

Btw Aravane's practice session is not always like that but this kind of practice sessions that you saw gave to Aravane the powerfull game that she plays...

Be more open please...

Thanks for the picture....
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #14
country flag Corswandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffy6094 View Post
It's the kind of report about Aravane that I hate... You have some bad (very bad) predjuges... Maybe if you take the time to speak with the Rezai's Family you will see that you don't have to beleive in what you read on the media...

Btw Aravane's practice session is not always like that but this kind of practice sessions that you saw gave to Aravane the powerfull game that she plays...

Be more open please...

Thanks for the picture....
WTF is this, the PC Police?

Arsalan Rezai's behaviour is well attested. If he doesn't want people to crack (harmless) jokes at his expense, maybe he should tone down his act.

As for the Rezai's practice session, I reported what I saw, which fitted perfectly with what I heard before about said sessions (from TV commentators who had witnessed them, not from disgruntled haters).

Eu Jogo Ténis

Old Apr 29th, 2007, 05:40 PM   #15
country flag Ravsieg

Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute Ravsieg has a reputation beyond repute

As I said before, I actually got a nice impression of the guy as he was funny towards the entertainers there. :P

~~ just too lovely ~~

Sorana Cirstea

Maria Kirilenko ~ Dominika Cibulkova ~ Raluca Olaru ~ Viktoria Azarenka

Formerly ~Kirilenko#1Fan~
Ravsieg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote