Simona Halep (România) - Page 371 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #5551
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all
Re: Simona Halep (România)

@ Evan86, Belle de Jour, Natural Joe
Thanks for the stats people.

I am still puzzled that she lost a 3-setter today vs Venus.
But I have to admit that Venus played a lot better than her last few months.
New Haven Simona would have won today in straight sets.
She need to replicate that form and she will be OK in the future.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #5552
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan86 View Post
Then I wish Simona had the same attitude problem as Serena, it seems to be working just fine for her

Simona has quite a temper, I've known that about her for a long time. The difference now is that she realized how talented she is and what kind of tennis she is able to produce and she gets very frustrated when her game isn't at the highest level. I really don't see a problem here, every person reacts in his/her own way. Also, she felt that this match was hers to win and then felt it slipping away, of course she is gonna get frustrated about that.
I'm not gonna debate the Serena subject anymore here. It seems it's a taboo and everybody just loves a bully and an intimidating chimp (you got that right, chimp not champ).

Nevertheless, if Simona realized how talented she is only now, it's a shame, but I doubt it, I think she knows this for a very very long time. Only you and me and some other tennis lovers realize her potential only now. The only thing that has changed is that she began to have success, the talent was there all along. Ruzici wasn't pampering her for the last years for no reason. And yes, she is allowed to react whatever she feels like it, all I'm saying is that I never saw that or heard those words before. On the contrary, I used to praise her for how cool & calm she is. Anyways, maybe it was just an episode, I don't know. We'll see about that in the future. This match was hers to win, I agree, but in the end it was all hers to lose. Venus was just as tired and boring as she has been in the last 3 or so years.
Belle de Jour is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #5553
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
I'm not gonna debate the Serena subject anymore here. It seems it's a taboo and everybody just loves a bully and an intimidating chimp (you got that right, chimp not champ).

Nevertheless, if Simona realized how talented she is only now, it's a shame, but I doubt it, I think she knows this for a very very long time. Only you and me and some other tennis lovers realize her potential only now. The only thing that has changed is that she began to have success, the talent was there all along. Ruzici wasn't pampering her for the last years for no reason. And yes, she is allowed to react whatever she feels like it, all I'm saying is that I never saw that or heard those words before. On the contrary, I used to praise her for how cool & calm she is. Anyways, maybe it was just an episode, I don't know. We'll see about that in the future. This match was hers to win, I agree, but in the end it was all hers to lose. Venus was just as tired and boring as she has been in the last 3 or so years.
I don't think you can really know how talented you really are until you actually have some good results. It doesn't matter how talented you think you are if you are not wining matches. I am convinced that we are going to see Simona yelling at herself in every match, when she misses a shot that she thinks she shouldn't have missed. Because she has higher expectations from herself (just like her fans) now that she got the confirmation of how good she is.

And the racist comment about Serena was really uncalled for, I'm not exactly a fan of hers but I respect what she has achieved in her career. If she was only a bully that overpowered the other players and hadn't had any other qualities, she wouldn't have been so successful. Henin was a little thing like Simona but managed to beat Serena lots of times so that goes to show size isn't everything.

Last edited by Evan86 : Sep 25th, 2013 at 04:58 PM.
Evan86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #5554

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:

And the Serena racist comment was really uncalled for, I'm not exactly a fan of hers but I respect what she has achieved in her career. If she was only a bully that overpowered the other players and hadn't had any other qualities, she wouldn't have been so successful. Henin was a little thing like Simona but managed to beat Serena lots of time so that goes to show size isn't everything.
I am not a racist, trust me. One of my close friends is black, I like Sloane and Keys, I have Grace Jones on my iPod and I'd marry Pharrell Williams in a second But whoever threatens a lines judge to kill him, regardless of the color of their skin, is an intimidating chimp for me.
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #5555
country flag Evan86

Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of Evan86 has much to be proud of

Huh, when did she threaten a lines judge to kill him?
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #5556
country flag drg

drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of drg has much to be proud of

Quote:
Huh, when did she threaten a lines judge to kill him?
wow . u don't know it?
drg is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #5557

2009 US Open semifinal. First she lied about it in front of the umpire, the supervisors and the audience. Then she was disqualified, got a huge fine and had to apologize to the poor lineswoman.
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #5558
country flag Evan86

I didn't really follow tennis news back then, I just watched the matches :P Well, that's not very nice from here, is it?
But her human quality is irrelevant, she is a great tennis player, even if she seems to be an asshole for threatening a lineswoman to kill her
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #5559
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Belle de Jour is a racist , he should be banned
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #5560

ALI3N, you might wanna read once again post 5554
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #5561
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Oh, the old " I have black fiends" ploy. You're not fooling me ...

ALIEN is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #5562
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

About Simona's mentality. She is one of those players who can really go to the limits of her body putting up an epic fight out there, as long as she believes that she still has a chance to win.

At the end of today's match she new what chance she wasted and gave up, demoralized in a way. She had a sarcastic laugh on a successful volley of hers a couple of points before as if she was saying: 'Nailing the difficult shots, but missing the sitters.'

At the start of this year Tankmona would only be bothered to play one set (which she would lose in most cases) just to give up and receive bakery products in some pathetic manner. Against Vinci in Paris, she really didn't try at all in the end, that was shocking to me, not today's performance.
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #5563

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
Oh, the old " I have black fiends" ploy. You're not fooling me ...

You know what's even older than the "I have black friends" ploy? The "whoever doesn't love Serena is a racist" bullshit.
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #5564
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

Didn't get to see the match but the statistics in the 2nd and 3rd set look pretty awful .

Hope she can make a good run in Beijing ( if she doesn't get Serena or Azarenka in the 3rd round )
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #5565
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

While she collapsed mentally at the end, her serve was what actually cost her the match. Her serve was bad all week in Tokyo, and at vital moments in the 2nd and 3rd sets it let her down.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread