Simona Halep (România) - Page 341 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #5101
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep (România)

I am starting to get annoyed, I mean really annoyed by people attacking Simona for getting slammed by Serena. Common people, really? Now I can't wait for the day when Simona finally takes Serena down. For me it's now almost like I when I couldn't wait until my Colts finally managed to beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

After watching the New Haven Final I keep thinking what could happen if Simona absorbs Serena's power for a few sets at the beginning of the match like she did with Kvitova.
codrutc is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #5102
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you guys on Simona's New Haven title She is having such a great year
Made some avies, thought I'd post them here as well

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #5103
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I am starting to get annoyed, I mean really annoyed by people attacking Simona for getting slammed by Serena. Common people, really? Now I can't wait for the day when Simona finally takes Serena down. For me it's now almost like I when I couldn't wait until my Colts finally managed to beat the Patriots in the playoffs.

After watching the New Haven Final I keep thinking what could happen if Simona absorbs Serena's power for a few sets at the beginning of the match like she did with Kvitova.
That's because Simona played some amazing matches this year, got some fantastic results and they didn't watch that matches. So when Serena against Halep started they got in front of their TVs and Simona didn't play as usual, she was a little bit scared and they made their own opinion based on her performance against Serena. These fans are nothing, the commentator during that match was confused about the fact that she won so many matches this year and he sees nothing about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #5104
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for the avatars Sasja!

My dad couldn't believe how good she was....he's only a casual tennis fan, but I told him to watch some of her shots and her game, and he said 'How come we hadn't heard of her before?'. As I've said loads of times now, it's great to be a Simona fan atm.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #5105
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
I am starting to get annoyed, I mean really annoyed by people attacking Simona for getting slammed by Serena. Common people, really? Now I can't wait for the day when Simona finally takes Serena down.
Can't wait either. And that time will come, but not just yet. Simona has all the great shots to do it, but she still doesn't believe that she can take SW down. There was some interview in the media after her Budapest win titled "Regina cu trei coroane" and the chapeau was "Doar Serena e de nebatut". Pretty much says it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
That's because Simona played some amazing matches this year, got some fantastic results and they didn't watch that matches. So when Serena against Halep started they got in front of their TVs and Simona didn't play as usual, she was a little bit scared and they made their own opinion based on her performance against Serena. These fans are nothing, the commentator during that match was confused about the fact that she won so many matches this year and he sees nothing about her.
I agree, but only ignorant people make judgement calls based on just one match. Simona as a player is a pyramid and those matches against SW are just two bricks in that pyramid, not the whole thing. I can understand random people on TF saying no matter what, but when commentators & "experts" start saying crap about her now, when she's playing her best tennis ever & has awesome back to back wins to Top 20 players it's just annoying. Narrow minded people only have eyes & kind words for the players trending at some point regardless of their results (it's amusing to hear all those predictions & talk about the rivalry between the prodigies Stephens and Robson, while Simona wins 4 titles in just 3 months.)
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #5106
country flag Chessmind

Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice Chessmind is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumm View Post
Guys please as soon as a decent recording of the match shows up can you post a link with it. I lost the first set and although I found one here http://www.treizecizero.ro/news/simo...itlu-al-anului the quality is bad.
Thanks
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6om6H8lwiRg
Chessmind is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #5107
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessmind View Post
Thanks
scrumm is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #5108
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=586473
I created a separate thread for USO.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #5109
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

19 baby!

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #5110
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Didn't see any of the New Haven matches, but watched Simona in Rome and Nuremberg. What I like about her is her ability to adjust to the opponents' games and her mental strength. She just doesn't give up. Great to see her making the Top 20. I'm not surprised at all!!
Her loss to Serena in Rome was due to exhaustion IMO. That was her 7th match as I recall in that tournament having come through qualies and then beating Radwanska and Jankovic in three set matches each. She will get another chance.
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #5111
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, Simona's new outfit is ugly I liked her outfit that she was wearing in Hertogenbosh
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #5112
country flag scrumm

scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all scrumm is a name known to all

http://www.mindtheracket.com/2013/08...halep-so-good/
Light read
scrumm is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #5113
country flag oliverdescants

oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all oliverdescants is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post

[O]nly ignorant people make judgement calls based on just one match. Simona as a player is a pyramid and those matches against SW are just two bricks in that pyramid, not the whole thing. I can understand random people on TF saying no matter what, but when commentators & "experts" start saying crap about her now, when she's playing her best tennis ever & has awesome back to back wins to Top 20 players it's just annoying. Narrow minded people only have eyes & kind words for the players trending at some point regardless of their results (it's amusing to hear all those predictions & talk about the rivalry between the prodigies Stephens and Robson, while Simona wins 4 titles in just 3 months.)
Right. And Halep will be trending soon enough. Confidence is an enormous elixir. Take a look at Kvitova to see a player without it; Halep has it. Drysdale/Stubbs, e.g., have walked a mile since Halep tanked in the first Cincinnati set against Serena. It's just so easy to be won over by her. And I'm willing to venture that remark as an observation of her character.

http://goo.gl/ieiFLL

Last edited by oliverdescants : Aug 26th, 2013 at 12:18 AM.
oliverdescants is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #5114
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

In my opinion this was one of the best matches Simona ever played.
Clean game with just a few UE and amazing winners.
I was a bit afraid at the start when Petra started like a storm but Simona resisted and started to move her more.
Simona.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #5115
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Incredible, that's all I can say.

Just incredible.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread