Simona Halep (România) - Page 284 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #4246
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep (România)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
The FIRST SEMI WTA FINAL between two Romanian girls?...
Comn Curcubeu, Uncurv, and grs, you know everything
you must know if its the first time.
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #4247
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexut View Post
I guess I'll have to wait for the youtube video.
And you can watch the semifinal tomorrow
Hartson is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #4248
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Comn Curcubeu and grs, you know everything
you must know if its the first time.
Sorry, but it's difficult to go down to the years of Ruzici, Simionescu (Borg ), Mihai or Spirlea, Dragomir, Carstea to search this.

Or - look what I found at Ruzici's wikipedia page at her WTA finals -wer first title was in
18 August 1975 at United States South Orange, on clay against Mariana Simionescu 6–1, 6–1
grs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #4249
country flag Raddu

Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice

Quote:
The FIRST SEMI WTA FINAL between two Romanian girls?...
Rebecq 1990 Semis
Ruxanda Dragomir def. Irina Sparlea 6-4 6-3

Watch on WTA H2H
Raddu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #4250
country flag Raddu

Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice Raddu is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
Rebecq 1990 Semis
Ruxanda Dragomir def. Irina Sparlea 6-4 6-3
Sorry , i think that was an ITF event
Raddu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #4251

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
Sorry , i think that was an ITF event
no big deal, I just like drama
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #4252
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Sorry, but it's difficult to go down to the years of Ruzici, Simionescu (Borg ), Mihai or Spirlea, Dragomir, Carstea to search this.
The "golden" generation (Ruzici, Mihai, Simionescu, Romanov) never met on WTA or GS higher that R16 (Rome 1978 when Ruzici defeated Simionescu).

The generation 1997 (Spirlea, Dragomir, Cristea) never met on a WTA or GS event higher than R32.

As for the current generation I already told you about those 2 quaterfinals (Niculescu-Dulgheru in Tashkent & Cirstea-Gallovits-Hall in Bali).

Should Alex win her match today, WTA will tell us tomorrow if it's indeed the first all-Romanian WTA semifinal ever.

Untill then, Si Si Simona, enjoy Simo's win today. It was her 200th professional win!

Congrats, Simo!
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #4253

Quote:

Or - look what I found at Ruzici's wikipedia page at her WTA finals -wer first title was in
18 August 1975 at United States South Orange, on clay against Mariana Simionescu 6–1, 6–1
The First All Romanian WTA Semi Final in 38 years!

That's good enough for a drama.
And now Alex will spoil everything and lose

Comn Alex!

Last edited by Si Si Simona : Jul 12th, 2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #4254
country flag degady64

degady64 is an unknown quantity at this point

In 90 Ruxandra Dragomir si Irina Sparlea au disputat o finala si o semifinala, dar in ITF
degady64 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #4255

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by degady64 View Post
In 90 Ruxandra Dragomir si Irina Sparlea au disputat o finala si o semifinala, dar in ITF
There have been many many ITF semifinals & finals between Romanian girls, I think he wanted to know WTA level semifinals or finals.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #4256
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
There have been many many ITF semifinals & finals between Romanian girls, I think he wanted to know WTA level semifinals or finals.
If wikipedia is right the first WTA title won by Ruzici was against Simionescu in 1975, but I didn't find any other references about that.
grs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #4257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Thanks for all the info comn alex
2-0 for alex already! and Alex sits with Simo in the same table
Andrei Mlendea ("the messiah") is in blue shirt at the back, third from the left

Last edited by Si Si Simona : Jul 12th, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #4258
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

No, that's Marius Copil.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #4259

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
No, that's Marius Copil.
fixed, thanks.
Old Jul 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #4260

Quote:
If wikipedia is right the first WTA title won by Ruzici was against Simionescu in 1975, but I didn't find any other references about that.
Wiki must be right, but it's strange indeed (that match doesn't even appear on the ITF site which is 100% accurate).

The only explanation could be that back in 1975 that tournament wasn't a real WTA tournament (it appears that there weren't money prizes involved in 75), it just served as a ""qualifying" tournament for other important tournaments (before the first official Virginia Slims rankings appeared in late 1975 the players got acceptance for GS events based on their result on other smaller tournaments).