Simona Halep (România) - Page 277 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #4141
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep (România)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
it's a post Wimby clay MM and they never fail to deliver...
Well, Budapest derailed even quicker than I thought.
Bogota looked better than this, to be honest.

Simona can only beat herself now.
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #4142
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeKo View Post
...The change is obvious, especially regarding the tactics, last year she was playing very defensive. I might add that Simona even though she is little, she hits the ball pretty hard...
I agree with everything you said, not just the quote above, BUT...
What I mean is "sheer power". Imagine a light weight boxer fighting a heavy weight boxer. The light weight has all the tricks, knows how to fight (like Simona), nothing wrong with him, BUT... there is the danger of the power of hitting that may knock him out. Just one hard hit from the heavy weight boxer will win the fight for the heavy weight.
Same thing can happen in tennis. Just "brutal force" can be enough in hard courts.
Players with heavier shoots win on hard courts more than on other courts.
Simona doesn't have the power of Vika, Serena, Maria and all these type of players, so maybe her pure tennis may not be enough.
I dont know how she will do. Its interesting now because she improved so much
Maybe she also hits harder now, I hope so. Before the Andrei era she had real problem with hard hitting players, maybe she improved on that also
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #4143

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

There is one problem with Simona! She needs to change to Nike or Adidas. The Lacoste wear is just ugly.
Is she paid for wearing Lacoste? I bet she gets now more money from the bigger two companies. She deserves better.

She said this after R1:

"It was a good match for me," Halep said. "The first round is always difficult. At 3-0 in the first, I was a little nervous and wanted to finish fast because I was waiting a lot today, but I came back and won.

"It's nice to play on clay because I love this surface. I played well on grass, but I feel better on clay."

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...udapest-opener

Last edited by Si Si Simona : Jul 10th, 2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #4144

I really didn't want to post 3 posts in a row because its not my private thread BUT!......

Simona will be RANKED 26 or higher next Monday !!

Even if she loses today, she still has 1665 points above Kuznetsova in 26 place.
Safarova and Cornet lost and cant catch her. I checked on the TBE list.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #4145
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
I really didn't want to post 3 posts in a row because its not my private thread BUT!......

Simona will be RANKED 26 or higher next Monday !!

Even if she loses today, she still has 1665 points above Kuznetsova in 26 place.
Safarova and Cornet lost and cant catch her. I checked on the TBE list.
Relax, please - if she loses today she will remain on 28'th place with 1635 points.

To be more concrete - If she win she will be #26, same place for semifinal; if she will play the final she will be #23 no matter if she win or not.

Last edited by grs : Jul 10th, 2013 at 12:57 PM.
grs is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #4146

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Relax, please - if she loses today she will remain on 28'th place with 1635 points.

To be more concrete - If she win she will be #26, same place for semifinal; if she will play the final she will be #23 no matter if she win or not.
So she is losing 30 points from the worst 16en event?
Still learning The TBE list confused me, he didn't take the 30 points out.
Its a healthy excitement. Sports with no excitement is boring
Do you have a list of all her best 16 events last year?

Last edited by Si Si Simona : Jul 10th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #4147
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennis4wta.com/simona-halep/Rankings.html
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #4148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
Do you have a list of all her best 16 events last year?
Yes, I found it: http://www.wtatennis.com/players/pla...e/simona-halep
Now I can calculate by myself
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #4149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Thanks that's much better.
She needs to go to Beijing (Sep 28) to change the 5 points there. The other 3 premier events are only in 2014. I am learning the system. "almost there"...

She is in a very good situation.
She doesn't need to defend points in DC, Cinci, and New Haven The way is up

Last edited by Si Si Simona : Jul 10th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #4150
country flag Iaco

Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all

Are there any streams in english for Simo's match?
Iaco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #4151
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I don't think Babos will reach the QF anyway, she's not good on clay. I'd put my money on Torro-Flor or even Krunic.
How is your TT going, Jason?
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #4152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I don't think Babos will reach the QF anyway, she's not good on clay. I'd put my money on Torro-Flor or even Krunic.
I told you Babos will play Simona
poor Simona will be totally daft after playing these 2 Hungarian girls.
Sharapova is a quiet lamb compared to them.
Babos sounds like she is giving birth every time she hits the ball
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #4153
country flag Iaco

Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all

So..any english streams?
Iaco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #4154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaco View Post
So..any english streams?
No, only Hungarian streams
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #4155
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Why is not the match starting?
“If you’re a human being walking the earth, you’re weird, you’re strange, you’re psychologically challenged" - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
NeKo is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread