Simona Halep (România) - Page 271 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:56 PM   #4051
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Simona Halep (România)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Isn't that right? I felt the same way today when I saw Flipkens beating Kvitova.

Hopfully Simona's time to shine in GSs will come soon.
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 03:29 AM   #4052
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Isn't that right? I felt the same way today when I saw Flipkens beating Kvitova.
I felt the same way after every win of CSN and Vinci also. I am used to this feeling for few days already
That's life. Think of the Maria, Vika, Wozi fans. They are going crazy now
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM   #4053

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

The week after Budapest she can choose between events in Bastad Sweden or Bad Gastein Austria, both on clay.
If she wins just one event its the same as winning the two events!
That's because there is a big gap between 22 and 21 in the rankings.
Or, two semi finals are the same as one event win (260 or 280 points).

In short, one event win or two SFs will put her around 22 in the world !
It will not be easy. Good players will be there.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 09:24 AM   #4054
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

She entered Bastad, though.

If she is going far in Budapest, I'm pretty sure she will pull out of the next claycourt tournament.

US Open is coming closer and this is where the very big points are played.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 10:31 AM   #4055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post

If she is going far in Budapest, I'm pretty sure she will pull out of the next claycourt tournament.

US Open is coming closer and this is where the very big points are played.
I guess that what you really want is to see her becoming a big name in the US Open and getting the media attention.
Until then she needs to get as many points as she can from small and medium events. That's how Sorana got to rank 22. Sorana done nothing in the grand slams but she has a good career.
So if I would be Simona, then I would try and get as many points as I can from everywhere, even small events.
She is good on clay so she has a better chance there than on hard courts, OR I may be wrong and she will be good also on hard courts, just like on clay and grass
She may have tough matches on hard courts so why not do the safe thing, and take points on clay?
The hard courts season is long and she can play now in any event with her 30 rankings.
She will have time to play a lot of hard courts now, so maybe one more clay for better rankings is a good idea.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 10:36 AM   #4056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I guess that Bastad is the weaker event but I am not sure. Its a good move if she wants the points. She "plays it safe" and builds her career. I think she is doing the correct thing.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:09 PM   #4057
country flag Iaco

Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all Iaco is a name known to all

Serena is going to Bastad
Iaco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:30 PM   #4058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaco View Post
Serena is going to Bastad
You mean Simona, no? Serena will never go to such small event on clay.
Simona needs to be careful not to play too much. Its only half a season and the hard courts season will be long and hard.
Curcubeu is correct, maybe she should rest before going to USA, I don't know.
She needs to be careful and not take it too hard, she needs to check how she plays now and not go crazy.
Take it easy Simona, no pressure

Last edited by Si Si Simona : Jul 3rd, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:43 PM   #4059
country flag daniel_1089

daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice daniel_1089 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
You mean Simona, no? Serena will never go to such small event on clay.
She needs to be careful not to play too much. Its only half a season and the hard courts season will be long and hard.
Curcubeu is correct, maybe she should rest before going to USA, I don't know.
She needs to be careful and not take it too hard, she needs to check how she plays now and not go crazy.
Take it easy Simona, no pressure
He mean Serena
daniel_1089 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 03:02 PM   #4060

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_1089 View Post
He mean Serena
I checked! But the data is from last year October 2012:
http://women.swedishopen.org/en-GB/N...d#.UdQ8YUrfpxA

I guess she will not go now, she looked shocked after her lose and said that she needs to think.
Any confirmatiom? I think she will not go.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 03:34 PM   #4061
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
I checked! But the data is from last year October 2012:
http://women.swedishopen.org/en-GB/N...d#.UdQ8YUrfpxA

I guess she will not go now, she looked shocked after her lose and said that she needs to think.
Any confirmatiom? I think she will not go.
Serena & Venus will play Bastad

Main Draw

S.Williams
Zakopalova
Kanepi
Shvedova OUT - Replaced by Pereira
V.Williams
Domínguez Lino
Rybarikova
Halep
(SR)Dulgheru
Pironkova
Arvidsson
Larsson
Medina Garrigues
Arruabarrena
Tatishvili
Tsurenko
Soler Espinosa
Johansson
Bratchikova
Glatch OUT - Replaced by Cohen
Garcia
Karatantcheva
Pennetta
Pfizenmaier
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #4062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Serena & Venus will play Bastad
I guess she will retire. She needs to regroup. She thought Sweden will be like a tourists visit but now she is worried. I saw her interview after the game and she said she needs to think about what happened.
Imagine if Simona beats her !!!
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 04:21 PM   #4063

(SR)Dulgheru what does SR mean?
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM   #4064
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Quote:
I guess she will retire. She needs to regroup. She thought Sweden will be like a tourists visit but now she is worried. I saw her interview after the game and she said she needs to think about what happened.
Imagine if Simona beats her !!!
That is a standard statement after a loss.

I'm almost sure Serena will play.

As for Simona beating Serena, this is all I want from her since 2011 Wimbledon. And one day she will beat the crap out of that arrogant self-sufficient biatch.

Quote:
(SR)Dulgheru what does SR mean?
Special Ranking (sometimes you'll find PR, Protected Ranking), meaning that Alexandra will enter Bastad MD using her ranking before her injury last year in Indian Wells. 57 that is.

She'll play Palermo first, using her own ranking
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 04:36 PM   #4065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
That is a standard statement after a loss.

I'm almost sure Serena will play.

As for Simona beating Serena, this is all I want from her since 2011 Wimbledon. And one day she will beat the crap out of that arrogant self-sufficient biatch.

Special Ranking (sometimes you'll find PR, Protected Ranking), meaning that Alexandra will enter Bastad MD using her ranking before her injury last year in Indian Wells. 57 that is.

She'll play Palermo first, using her own ranking
Serena said she has to think about HER LIFE when she finished the interview! I saw it, she was shocked. That's why I am afraid she will return to USA and not to Sweden.

Thanks for explaining the SR. I knew there is a protected ranking but I didn't connected it with the letters SR.
Good luck to Dulgheru! I like how she plays, aggressive player. I saw her great tournament win in Poland 2-3 years ago on tv.
Closed Thread