Simona Halep (România) - Page 270 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM   #4036
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep (România)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
Considering what players are in the quarters , i think i know what song Simona is listening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOa-hNQWUxQ

Anyway , we must look forward
yes thats life flipper..
I hope the break will not change anything in Simona game.
She is not used to such a big success focus
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM   #4037
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon7x View Post
I think we talk about that one or two years ago, and somebody told it cames from some gypsi culture or nomad ancestors.
I was doing some research and found out that Halep is the Turkish name for Aleppo - an ancient and the largest city in Syria

It's a name with Ottoman roots, definitely.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 11:24 AM   #4038
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I was doing some research and found out that Halep is the Turkish name for Aleppo - an ancient and the largest city in Syria

It's a name with Ottoman roots, definitely.
Turkey will want her to play for Turkey in the fed cup
Just joking
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 04:45 PM   #4039
country flag soimu

soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold soimu is a splendid one to behold

About this name Halep.
Simona is from Dobrogea a region of Romania that was a lot under Turkish/Ottoman empire rule. Those days in Ottoman army were all kind of people Turkish, Syrian, Arabs etc.
So maybe she has ancestors in the Middle East and as Curcubeu said it’s a very closely name with Aleppo.
But that was hundreds of years ago. She is as as Romanian as anyone else.
In France near the border there are people with German names and vice versa in Germany.
Simona is as Romanian as someone called Popescu or Niculescu.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu Ana Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:57 PM   #4040
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Only in Europe people are so preoccupied with the origin of a person's name. In America few people care about that, they are all Americans.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:59 PM   #4041
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was just a question being asked because of her name that doesn't fit into the Romanian standard '-(esc)u' or -(e)a/n

Romania is a multicultural country and has ever been. It's as diverse as the tennis games of its current squad.
Some people may have more Roman blood, some have more Slavic blood, others have German roots or Arabic ones.

Who cares?
Simona is 100% Romanian and it's good.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:10 PM   #4042
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

It was never my intention to imply that Simona was less Romanian than other just because her name doesn't end with -escu, nor it was my intention to stigmatize her for her origin. As someone who knows little about Romania, I was just trying to learn a bit more like I said earlier.

As for Aleppo, it's funny because in French it's called Alep, and everytime I hear it on the news I think about Simona. But I would have never imagined that they could actually be related

Quote:
In France near the border there are people with German names and vice versa in Germany.
You don't say Actually there are tons of people in France who have name of non-French origin, not only near the borders but also everywhere else, and not only from European countries but also from Africa and Asia. So don't worry, I know all about that. Hell, my own name isn't even French
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:13 PM   #4043
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
I think it was just a question being asked because of her name that doesn't fit into the Romanian standard '-(esc)u' or -(e)a/n

Romania is a multicultural country and has ever been. It's as diverse as the tennis games of its current squad.
Some people may have more Roman blood, some have more Slavic blood, others have German roots or Arabic ones.

Who cares?
Simona is 100% Romanian and it's good.
Thank you Aaron. I don't know what some people were trying to find in my post, but there was nothing between the lines, just pure curiosity and candidness.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM   #4044
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to see her again. It's really annoying to see the players she schooled in smaller events go really far in Grand Slams.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:39 PM   #4045
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Thank you Aaron. I don't know what some people were trying to find in my post, but there was nothing between the lines, just pure curiosity and candidness.
I personally didn't try to find anything in your post, I know it's curiosity. My remark was actually about people from both sides of the question, just something that I noticed.

A question, about Simona, is she going to participate in Bastad? I know she will be in Budapest but is Bastad the next tournament on her calendar?
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:46 PM   #4046
country flag codrutc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna. View Post
Can't wait to see her again. It's really annoying to see the players she schooled in smaller events go really far in Grand Slams.
Isn't that right? I felt the same way today when I saw Flipkens beating Kvitova.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:46 PM   #4047
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
Isn't that right? I felt the same way today when I saw Flipkens beating Kvitova.
If Simona defeated in the Netherlands, does not mean that the same is true to Wimbledon. In Holland conditions were quite different, rain, strong winds, and field more slowly than in Wimbly. And even if the conditions were the same, they a different game, but they played about the same value, not surprise anyone if Kristen... win next day.
noname29 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:51 PM   #4048
country flag codrutc

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname29 View Post
If Simona defeated in the Netherlands, does not mean that the same is true to Wimbledon. In Holland conditions were quite different, rain, strong winds, and field more slowly than in Wimbly. And even if the conditions were the same, they a different game, but they played about the same value, not surprise anyone if Kristen... win next day.
Look, I know the theory and you are right. However, I still regret that girls that Simona defeated are now enjoying Wimbledon success while Simona has gone fishing
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 10:06 PM   #4049
country flag noname29

noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all noname29 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by soimu View Post
About this name Halep.
Simona is from Dobrogea a region of Romania that was a lot under Turkish/Ottoman empire rule. Those days in Ottoman army were all kind of people Turkish, Syrian, Arabs etc.
So maybe she has ancestors in the Middle East and as Curcubeu said it’s a very closely name with Aleppo.
But that was hundreds of years ago. She is as as Romanian as anyone else.
Simona is as Romanian as someone called Popescu or Niculescu.

Even if the Turks are blond (yes there are few), or brown, and blue eyes, you can be sure they are not Turks. Their blond with blue eyes, are descendants of the tens of thousands of European children, which Ottomans, get taken as tribute from Eastern Europe. If Simona is Turkish, I'm cousin... Barack Obama.
noname29 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 10:56 PM   #4050
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post

Hopfully Simona's time to shine in GSs will come soon.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread