Simona Halep (România) - Page 136 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2026
country flag Falcon7x

Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice
Re: Simona Halep (România)

This girl is going straight to top 30
Falcon7x is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #2027
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

6-2 6-4! Well done, Simona!

But honestly, everything but a win there would have been disappointing me! Petra is a bit overranked as well, in my opinion and her serve was probably off, but Simona was clutch when it counted most. In general she became mentally so much stronger this year!

And now R3 against Sharpie on stream! So looking forward!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #2028
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Simona, y u lost 6 games to Petra?

Well done Simona.
grs is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #2029
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Routine. Second set could have been easier but still a nice win.

Interested to see how she does against Sharapova. She's the kind of pesky counterpuncher that can trouble Maria and is obviously playing with a good amount of confidence.
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #2030
country flag Falcon7x

Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice Falcon7x is just really nice

The problem will be the fatigue. for Sharapova will be almost the first match, and for Simona the third.
Falcon7x is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #2031
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

She really shouldn't be that tired after 2 straight set wins, she's a pro level player...
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #2032
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Simona

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #2033
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

This all I have from Halep-Zhang

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

codrutc is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #2034
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Looks fit Fingers crossed for a tight match with hopefully a surprising outcome!
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #2035
country flag Curcubeu

Not taped!

Match live on ES.
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #2036
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

Simona is going to go out in flames. I love it.
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #2037
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I'm a Halep fan, didn't watch the match.

Anyone want to give me a sensible overview of how Simona played?
She played as it was expected in a match-up against a big hitter. She still simply lacks the power to keep it up in rallies, therefore she relies or better said had to rely on her defense to force Maria to hit one more shot and it worked very well for parts of the match, although you could really feel that she doesn't like going against her instincts, but no doubt she will add some power during her career.

The 1st set was tougher than the scoreline suggests. Simona could have made that one a lot closer if she had taken her BPs, messy match as expected with both players hitting more errors than winners. Her return was pretty good, her serve a show bag with some great angles or kick serves mixed with powder puff sitters, being such a small figure doesn't help either on crunch time.

At the beginning of the 2nd set Maria was just top class, hitting winners from everywhere without Simona even doing that much wrong, Sharapova just hit the lines with great depth and accuracy, Simona still fighting for every ball, but Maria didn't let herself getting troubled. However, after wasting her MPs she became very tight, while Halep managed to cut down her errors to a minimum and even started to rally on a good level, getting it back to 5-4*, but of course DFed on a GP to let it go.

But 7 games won isn't that bad and she has to take the positive signs out of it, mainly that her defence is really becoming a 'weapon' which is very important for the kind of grinder or counterpunch tennis she likes to play. Now, she has to work on the consistency of her serve and as I said on her power level to take another step in the development. I hope for a good draw at Miami. She can easily take out some of the seeded players there.
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #2038
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
She played as it was expected in a match-up against a big hitter. She still simply lacks the power to keep it up in rallies, therefore she relies or better said had to rely on her defense to force Maria to hit one more shot and it worked very well for parts of the match, although you could really feel that she doesn't like going against her instincts, but no doubt she will add some power during her career.

The 1st set was tougher than the scoreline suggests. Simona could have made that one a lot closer if she had taken her BPs, messy match as expected with both players hitting more errors than winners. Her return was pretty good, her serve a show bag with some great angles or kick serves mixed with powder puff sitters, being such a small figure doesn't help either on crunch time.

At the beginning of the 2nd set Maria was just top class, hitting winners from everywhere without Simona even doing that much wrong, Sharapova just hit the lines with great depth and accuracy, Simona still fighting for every ball, but Maria didn't let herself getting troubled. However, after wasting her MPs she became very tight, while Halep managed to cut down her errors to a minimum and even started to rally on a good level, getting it back to 5-4*, but of course DFed on a GP to let it go.

But 7 games won isn't that bad and she has to take the positive signs out of it, mainly that her defence is really becoming a 'weapon' which is very important for the kind of grinder or counterpunch tennis she likes to play. Now, she has to work on the consistency of her serve and as I said on her power level to take another step in the development. I hope for a good draw at Miami. She can easily take out some of the seeded players there.
Thanks, boss
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #2039
country flag codrutc

Curcubeu , that was the kind of analysis I don't see everywhere. You are certainly very good, if you are not one already you should definitely be a tennis analyst in a major media outlet.

Going back to Simona's match from yesterday to me this was one of the rare occasions in which my favorite tennis player loses but at the end I am very happy and more excited about her game than before going into the match.
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #2040
country flag Curcubeu

As I said, she defended quite well, but she needs to pop up her groundstrokes to do some damage on the counters she is trying to set, yesterday it was still all about Maria, but I would like to see her more competitive in the rallies as well. No doubt that against players that don't hit that hard, she is already equal, but she neeeds some more to really put more pressure on the ones of Maria.
Closed Thread