Simona Halep (Romānia) - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM   #166
country flag bestcormo

bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Simona Halep (Romānia)

Simona
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #167
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

One more Simona!
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #168
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Great win Simona, she's been in amazing form. She's way better than these girls.

I am rooting for Elena in the final but if Simona wins it's okay with me.
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #169
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=18780

There is a picture of Simona during her QF match in that link.
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #170
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a win!!!! Simona hasn't lost a set so far and I'm pretty confident for the final. She's finally revealing herself in a Slam, I really excited because one of those 2 promising girls will have a QWC next year .
Haide Simona, win your biggest title tomorrow!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaļ - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #171
country flag iPatty

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=18785

Another picture of Simona.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #172
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Job done!!!! As a favourite, Simona took the best of this all-Romanian final to win 64 67 62 against Elena! Great win, she managed to stay solid after another fight of the younger of those 2! Elena saved 2 MPs in the second set but it wasn't enough to beat our Simona!

A fantastic tournament & Simona has finally a junior GS title, she deserved it . Now she is sure to play her first Grand Slam next year, yay! She's also sure of finishing in top 10 which means that she will have JE for the big events of next year!
Congrats!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaļ - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Jun 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #173
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work, Simona. Another Romanian player rising up the rankings. After a great clay season, a GS is a nice way to end it.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #174
country flag iPatty

Great job Simona!

Kept it together nicely in the third set, even if I wanted her to lose.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #175
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Nice job
Meelis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #176
country flag bestcormo

bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold

Excellent job, Simona!!!!
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #177
country flag Pszczelny

Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute Pszczelny has a reputation beyond repute

1 year ago I said Simona is the most talented of all Romanian group, now probably more people believe this
Pszczelny is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #178
country flag iPatty

How does Simona play?
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #179
country flag Iceland
From island to island

An article about Simona available on RG's website:

Girls' singles: Halep the princess of Roland Garros

Sunday, June 8, 2008
By Eric Frosio & Jenny Aitken

A final accelerated forehand and Simona Halep throws down her racquet and cries with joy! Just time for a consolatory hug with her opponent before she seizes her mobile phone to break the news to her family, who stayed behind in Romania. After missing two match points in the second set, at 5-4 on her service, she had to really fight for an extra half hour before finding another way to finish her opponent off.

"I panicked a little”

At 5-2 on her serve in the third set, the blonde youngster showed a determination way beyond her 16 years to seal the deal on the title which was within her reach. “I don’t know how I pushed through to win,” Halep says, after finishing off her opponent Elena Bogdan, another Romanian, 6-4 6-7 6-2. “When I missed two match points in the second and went on to lose the set, I panicked a little. I was tired, my morale was down and I don’t know how, but some force finally pushed me to go through and win the match.”
Her strong point is undoubtedly her ability to accelerate on her forehand. She also has a winner’s mentality. Liviu Panait’s protégé, who was already a semi-finalist in the Australian Open, first starting knocking a ball about at only 4 years of age but is already dreaming of making it into the top ten, “as long as she works hard for six hours per day over the next three years,” adds Ion Tirac, who kept a close eye on this all-Romanian final

Ion Tirac’s advice
"This young girl has good movement and hits the ball well. But this alone is not enough to get to the top,” the expert predicted. “She'll have to work very hard and above all have a good team to support her. I hope that this will be the case because it is time that our good junior players become good pros.”
"I know he’s talking sense. I really believe that winning Roland Garros could be a turning point in my career," said Halep. "I know that a lot of young Romanian juniors have not gone on to become great players, but I think that I can make that happen.” With outstanding self-belief, she already sees herself following in the footsteps of an illustrious predecessor. “Andreï Pavel, my idol, won the juniors in 1992 before making a fantastic name for himself on the pro circuit. I hope that I will be able to emulate his success.”

Old Jun 11th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #180
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty. View Post
How does Simona play?
I can't describe much as I only saw her through a little video, but I know that she has a great forehand, her serve seems quite good from the statistics, especially for a short girl. We should see her in action pretty soon now !

Closed Thread