How I Met Tati in Charleston - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #1
country flag MS_FP

MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all
How I Met Tati in Charleston

I met Tati in Charleston and I am pretty much new around here so I thought I would share my story after being advised to do so...

I was staying at the official player hotel and I noticed the night before that the schedule for when the bus leaves to take the players to the stadium was up, so I told my friend we should go down to the lobby and wait to see if we could see some players. After all, that's the only reason we were paying $200 a night for the room.

Anyway, my friend took quite awhile getting ready, so I didn't get down to the lobby as early as I had hoped. The hotel had two laptops set up for the guests to use and we were sitting at them waiting to see someone. My friend was preoccupied checking his myspace, so I kept a lookout; basically looking everytime I heard the elevator ding.

After about 15 minutes of nothing but old people coming down, I turned around for about the tenth time and there she was. Luckily her match was third that day or she wouldn't have been at the hotel. I recognized her immediately, seeing as how she was the main reason I was at the tournament since Maria dropped out. She ran past us and from where I was sitting I couldn't see where she went. I didn't hear the automatic doors open so I thought she may've gone to eat breakfast. Keep in mind I had seen no other players going to eat breakfast, so it was a longshot.

I went to where they were serving breakfast and I saw her putting some food on her plate. I told my friend she was in there eating and we moved by the fireplace to wait for her to get done eating. When I saw her coming I had some major butterflies in my stomach to say the least. We asked "Miss Golovin, can we get a picture with you?" and she said "sure!" She said that that was one of the best lines she had heard from fans; saying that most guys come up and tell her how much they love her! We both got seperate pictures with her and she went back to her room.

Ten minutes later she came down and sat outside the hotel listening to her iPod. Eventually a black Mercedes-Benz with Florida plates came; she put her racquet bag in the trunk, got in and the car drove off. We had been parked next to it the day before and we thought it might be a players car.

Sorry if this is too much information, but I am excited to share this experience because it was truly so great! Thanks for reading!

Maria S.|Tatiana | Victoria
Nicole | Daniela | Ana | Jelena

2395..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Missionary of the Maria Mafia
MS_FP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #2
country flag Zombielicious
No One Sleeps When I'm Awake ♥

Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future Zombielicious has a brilliant future
Re: How I Met Tati in Charleston

LUCKY!!

I would be so saying "OMFG! OMFG! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! ......can i have a picture....."

hehe!

You lucky goose!

Dinara Safina - Maria Sharapova - Camille Pin - Maria Kirilenko - Serena Williams - Nadia Petrova
Zombielicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #3
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombielicious View Post
LUCKY!!

I would be so saying "OMFG! OMFG! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! ......can i have a picture....."

hehe!

You lucky goose!
lool
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #4
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_FP View Post
I met Tati in Charleston and I am pretty much new around here so I thought I would share my story after being advised to do so...

I was staying at the official player hotel and I noticed the night before that the schedule for when the bus leaves to take the players to the stadium was up, so I told my friend we should go down to the lobby and wait to see if we could see some players. After all, that's the only reason we were paying $200 a night for the room.

Anyway, my friend took quite awhile getting ready, so I didn't get down to the lobby as early as I had hoped. The hotel had two laptops set up for the guests to use and we were sitting at them waiting to see someone. My friend was preoccupied checking his myspace, so I kept a lookout; basically looking everytime I heard the elevator ding.

After about 15 minutes of nothing but old people coming down, I turned around for about the tenth time and there she was. Luckily her match was third that day or she wouldn't have been at the hotel. I recognized her immediately, seeing as how she was the main reason I was at the tournament since Maria dropped out. She ran past us and from where I was sitting I couldn't see where she went. I didn't hear the automatic doors open so I thought she may've gone to eat breakfast. Keep in mind I had seen no other players going to eat breakfast, so it was a longshot.

I went to where they were serving breakfast and I saw her putting some food on her plate. I told my friend she was in there eating and we moved by the fireplace to wait for her to get done eating. When I saw her coming I had some major butterflies in my stomach to say the least. We asked "Miss Golovin, can we get a picture with you?" and she said "sure!" She said that that was one of the best lines she had heard from fans; saying that most guys come up and tell her how much they love her! We both got seperate pictures with her and she went back to her room.

Ten minutes later she came down and sat outside the hotel listening to her iPod. Eventually a black Mercedes-Benz with Florida plates came; she put her racquet bag in the trunk, got in and the car drove off. We had been parked next to it the day before and we thought it might be a players car.

Sorry if this is too much information, but I am excited to share this experience because it was truly so great! Thanks for reading!
lol it isn't too much info at all

thanks 4 sharing

i met tati last year at wimbledon...i had won tickets in the ballot so we were on court no.1 and Shriekapova was on...at the wimbledon change of ends, they show the scores of other matches...i was daydreaming and i caught a glimpse of golovin's name and court...in a second i was off...i sprinted out my seat and ran out of the stadium to one of the outside courts...i didnt even tell my friend!!the match had only just started and eventually my friend found me....boris becker was doing a signing and richard williams was walking around...at one of the change of ends, i sprinted around the whole complex and got boris' autograph...i then ran back...i wanted to meet tati sooo badly it was unbelievable...she was playing against some spanish or argenitine called Diaz-Oliver or something and the opponents coach kept on shouting out...i wanted to shout at the man and tell him to shut up but i didnt lol...the match was a marathon..9-7 in the third and another of my friends who was a ranked junior player saw me watching and came over and he usually says how crap womens tennis was but he was like shes amazing at the end of the match..her bodyguards ushered her off away from all the fans..yet again, i sprinted and caught up with her just before she was going through some doors...i asked for her autograph and she was like 'sure' so she signed my program and she was like asking me if i play much and i was like yeah and afterwads, i wished her good luck in the next match and she she went in...she was really nice but she took LONG to sign it and that was when she had just come back from injury and was unfit....im gona remember that day 4 ages coz after that i REALLY started to like her, not just because of her tennis but because she was really nice off the court...i was sooo knakerd after that day lol

wow what a long post lol this thread should be about people meeting tatiana and after meeting her we have to write about what happened and how it went..
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 12:12 AM   #5
country flag MS_FP

MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all MS_FP is a name known to all

Extremely interesting story...it looks like your persistence paid off! It's cool that she asked you if you played; now I'm jealous!

Maria S.|Tatiana | Victoria
Nicole | Daniela | Ana | Jelena

2395..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Official Missionary of the Maria Mafia
MS_FP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 06:10 AM   #6
country flag nouf

nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_FP View Post

if you want you can put your photo in my gallery ! :-)
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #7
country flag FrenchY52

FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute

Thx for sharing
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #8
country flag orfeus

orfeus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouf View Post
if you want you can put your photo in my gallery ! :-)
orfeus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote