CoCo's Cloud Nine! - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2008, 02:21 AM   #766
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: CoCo's Island! Best fans on the beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
I think Coco did pretty well in her GS debut.The trolls in GM don't actually have any appreciation for just how difficult it is for a teenager to front one of the world's top players on the biggest stage in world sport.

In regards to her game, good serve, decent forehand, backhand and movement need work.
She can be top 50/100 player IMO, how much further she could go is all up to her.

Nice to see her smiling and laughing on court too

As did most knowledgable tennis fans. I swear, i have been to many places and talked with many different people and i have never seen such a collective group of jealous haters who think they are more knowledgable than the USTA on picking WCs and judging a players full future potential in my life than on the GM stage . But anyways, there really not worth talking about or responding to in a serious manner.
We all know what CoCo needs to work on. She has what it takes to make it to the Wta Tour level. Its will just be a matter of time before we see her full potential. I say give her a good 2-3 years to work with Robert and he will have her at the level where she needs to be to compete at the highest level on the wta. She's only 16 years old, look what Robert did for Lindsay. It took her allot longer to get her game going than most top tennis players. Same goes for JJ when you think about it .

Good Luck CoCo

Last edited by CrossCourt~Rally : Aug 26th, 2008 at 02:47 AM.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2008, 03:37 AM   #767
country flag nouf

nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute nouf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CoCo's Island! Best fans on the beach!

usopen 2008 janko vs coco GREAT QUALITY on dailymotion last games
http://wtatour.fr/showthread.php?p=8706#post8706
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #768
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

US Open R1 - Jelena Jankovic def. Coco Vandeweghe 6-3 6-1

LAST GAME: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...4&p=7342#p7342
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #769
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen this match, looks like Coco has a lot of potential to do well on tour - that serve and she's only, what, 16/17?

Definitely someone to look out for in the future, hope she can go far

And what a cool name Coco has!
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #770

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdogfish View Post
Just seen this match, looks like Coco has a lot of potential to do well on tour - that serve and she's only, what, 16/17?

Definitely someone to look out for in the future, hope she can go far

And what a cool name Coco has!
Glad that you saw it . She is 16 and will be 17 in December
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 02:31 AM   #771

CoCos doubles match tomorow is 4th up on court 9! Good Luck!
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM   #772
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Coco won her first round match in junior, beating 13th seed, Elena Chernyakova 7-5 6-1.

6 aces, 29 winners and 30 UEs. Sound like a standard match.

Her draw to the final is quite open. But a tough match next against fellow compatriot, Kristie Ahn.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 07:00 PM   #773
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
COCO SET TO START TENNIS CAREER

By MARC BERMAN

Posted: 3:15 am
August 25, 2008
Nets GM Kiki Vandeweghe will be concentrating on a different kind of "net" tonight. CoCo Vandeweghe, his 16-year-old niece, makes her U.S. Open debut at Arthur Ashe Stadium against No. 2 seed Jelena Jankovic.

CoCo grew up in Oyster Bay, Long Island, before moving to San Diego when she was 6-years-old. She's coming off a finals berth in the USTA 18's, earning herself an Open wildcard.
CoCo Vandeweghe is 6-foot with a fast serve and big potential, despite first picking up the game at age 11. She also formerly wrestled on the boys high school team.

"My goal when I first started tennis was to be No. 1 in the world," Vandeweghe told The Post in the player's lounge yesterday. "I didn't want to do anything else. I didn't want to go to college or anything."

Kiki attended Ashe Kids Day at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing with CoCo on Saturday. The Nets New Jersey Nets GM said he invites his niece to games when the Nets are in Los Angeles.

Kiki just celebrated his 50th birthday in San Diego with his sister, Tauna, and CoCo, who has the right genes. Tauna was a 1976 Olympic swimmer and 1984 Olympic volleyball player. She is also the granddaughter of ex-Knick Ernie Vandeweghe.

"He's just Uncle Kiki off the court," CoCo said. "He's nobody special to me."

Today's match versus Jankovic on the big stage will be huge.

"It's a great opportunity to play someone like her," CoCo said. "It's also going to be fun being out in the U.S. Open atmosphere. It's also going to be good seeing where I'm at in the women's circuit."
LOL

Old Sep 1st, 2008, 07:03 PM   #774
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Coco carries on the Vandeweghe name

BY ARTHUR STAPLE
arthur.staple@newsday.com
August 26, 2008

Coco Vandeweghe did not have the results Monday night at Arthur Ashe Stadium. She has the genes, though. And that means the 16-year-old, a wild-card entry into her first U.S. Open, hasn't seen the last of the big tennis facility in Queens.

She is the daughter of Tauna, an Olympic swimmer in the 1976 Games and a silver medalist with the volleyball team in the 1984 Games. Tauna's brother, Kiki, is the Nets' general manager and a veteran of 15 NBA seasons, including three with the Knicks. Their father, Coco's grandfather, Dr. Ernie Vandeweghe, went to Ocean.side High School and played six seasons with the Knicks in the early 1950s.

So the rather unpleasant task of facing world No. 2 Jelena Jankovic at Ashe Stadium at night, after a parade of former U.S. Open champions pushed her match start back almost 90 minutes ... well, it didn't faze her quite the way it would another 16-year-old.

"My mother's taught me all about that stuff, being in the Olympics twice," Coco said after her 6-3, 6-1 loss to Jankovic. "My Uncle Kiki, he's talked to me a little bit too. We played once in tennis. I'm 1-0 against him."

That was when Coco was 12 and just beginning her junior career. Her athletic pedigree has also meant that her mother is not a crazy tennis mom, pushing her daughter into too much, too young. Coco has played only a handful of Challenger tournaments this year and was in the junior draw at Wimbledon, where she lost in the first round.

When she arrived here, she didn't know who she'd play once she started preparing last week. The handful of wild cards the USTA doles out to American junior players doesn't assure any favorable draws, and Coco got the worst one possible.

"[Fellow wild card] Asia Muhammad came up to me and said, 'Did you see the draw?' I was like, 'No, not yet,'" Coco said. "She said, 'You play Jankovic.' I was like, 'Oh ... This is going to be great!'"

She found out the match would be the night debut for this year's Open on Saturday, when Lindsay Davenport turned down the chance to do so. Davenport has been helping out Vandeweghe; both are from Southern California, and veteran coach Robert Van't Hof, Davenport's coach in her heyday, is coaching Vandeweghe.

"The wind was really a factor," Coco said, "and she was really a factor, too. But I really just enjoyed every minute of it."

She'll stick around to play in the women's doubles tournament, as well as the junior singles event. Coco is 6-1, she has a powerful forehand and once she learns to control points and get rid of the jitters, she'll be back for a longer stay.

The Vandweghe name means a little something around these parts, going all the way back to the early 1940s, when Ernie was a three-sport star at Oceanside. It'd be something if there could be a third generation, and another sport, to add to the family legend.

"It was pretty amazing," Coco said, "to have the New York crowd out there, cheering for me."

Not this year for another Vandeweghe, but someday soon.

Copyright © 2008, Newsday Inc.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/tennis/usopen/ny-spstaple0826,0,990404,print.story

Old Sep 1st, 2008, 07:10 PM   #775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harju. View Post
Coco won her first round match in junior, beating 13th seed, Elena Chernyakova 7-5 6-1.

6 aces, 29 winners and 30 UEs. Sound like a standard match.

Her draw to the final is quite open. But a tough match next against fellow compatriot, Kristie Ahn.
Nice win CoCo!

Thanks for posting the articles .
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 07:32 PM   #776
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute

Good job, Coco!

Kristie is in great form so it's going to be a tough match.
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 09:12 PM   #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek. View Post
Good job, Coco!

Kristie is in great form so it's going to be a tough match.
Maybe they will put the match on a show court since both players are hot prospects .
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM   #778
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Coco lost the double match with Jamie Hampton

Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 04:08 AM   #779
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

I am surprised CoCo and Jamie lost doubles!
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM   #780

CoCo defeated Ahn today 6/3 6/4. CONGRATS!