CoCo's Cloud Nine! - Page 202 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 19th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #3016
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: CoCo's Cloud Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwilliamsfan1 View Post
I saw that she withdrew from the 50k in Texas
Hmm, maybe that means she'll be on the Fed Cup team ?
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2010, 12:03 AM   #3017
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Hmm, maybe that means she'll be on the Fed Cup team ?
Probably at least as a practice partner!! I think otherwise she'd for sure play since she seems committed to making the MD of the AO.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #3018

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
Probably at least as a practice partner!! I think otherwise she'd for sure play since she seems committed to making the MD of the AO.
Yup, thats exactly what i was thinking :

So, in order to qualify for the AO MD she'll have to make the semis or finals of Phoenix as she has QF pts to defend .
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #3019
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

Phoenix was a 50k last year..its a 75 this year
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
Phoenix was a 50k last year..its a 75 this year
Good news!
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #3021
country flag mimus of rst

mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoV View Post
Hey everyone once again it has taken me awhile to post on here. A lot of things have changed I think since the last time I posted on here. As most of you know the USTA has been helping me a ton with gully and a great place to train. Japan was awesome! Loved it there lots of crazy things happen who knew so much action could happen on the WTA tour! I dont have any idea how to post photos on here other wise I would post it on here! Right now I am going to play Texas and Phoenix! Then MD Australian open!!! keep ur fingers crossed for me!
Please open a Twitter account at twitter.com!

Twitter emphasizes brief messages (<= 160 chars), so you can just pop one in as you feel like it, even from your cell-phone!

More importantly, perhaps, tweeting there will get you put on the list

http://twitter.com/home#/list/WTATour/wta-tour-players

which has about thirty players, some of whom are having a lot of fun with it, and which is great fun for us fans to follow.

Go Coco!

(mimus of rst's first tennisforum.com post, subverting both tennisforum.com and his own beloved Usenet's rec.sport.tennis . . . .)
mimus of rst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 06:19 PM   #3022
country flag TonyL

TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all TonyL is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoV View Post
Hey everyone once again it has taken me awhile to post on here. A lot of things have changed I think since the last time I posted on here. As most of you know the USTA has been helping me a ton with gully and a great place to train. Japan was awesome! Loved it there lots of crazy things happen who knew so much action could happen on the WTA tour! I dont have any idea how to post photos on here other wise I would post it on here! Right now I am going to play Texas and Phoenix! Then MD Australian open!!! keep ur fingers crossed for me!
Yeh,you have improved a lot since the last time you posted It's very pleased to know you love playing in Asia, I really have urged the Hong Kong Tennis Classic Organisation to invite you to play once again given your success in 2009, and you will have a chance to practise with Vera,Venus,Caroline etc. I wish you all well for the rest of 2010 and of course the AO which will happen pretty soon
TonyL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #3023

CoCo has been named to the Fed Cup Team!
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #3024

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...-fed-cup-team/

Rancho Santa Fe's Vandeweghe named to Fed Cup tennis team

Rancho Sante Fe’s CoCo Vandeweghe has been named to the United States team that will face Italy in the Fed Cup finals next week at the San Diego Sports Arena.

Vandeweghe, 18, has rocketed up the Women’s Tennis Association rankings in 2010. She began the year ranked 322nd, but has climbed to 115. Her breakthrough tournament came close to home, at the La Costa Resort & Spa during the Mercury Insurance Open in August.

Vandeweghe won three qualifying matches at La Costa, then won two main draw matches, knocking off Wimbledon finalist Vera Zvonareva in the round of 16. Vandeweghe lost to two-time Grand Slam champion and eventual tournament winner Svetlana Kuznetsova in the quarterfinals, 7-5, 6-2. It was Vandeweghe’s sixth match in seven days.

After playing primarily entry-level tournaments through July to build her ranking, Vandeweghe played in the WTA’s major tournaments after the Mercury Insurance Open.

Injuries to Venus and Serena Williams opened a spot for Vandeweghe on the United States’ four-woman Fed Cup roster. The rest of the U.S. Cup team, which will be formally announced tomorrow, is Bethanie Mattek-Sands, Melanie Oudin and Liezel Huber.

The U.S.-Italy final is a repeat of the 2009 championship, won by the Italians. The U.S. will be attempting to win the Fed Cup for the first time since 2000.
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 12:11 AM   #3025
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Good for Coco, she is very patriotic, so this will be great for her. Especially if USA takes home the title

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #3026
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Coco!! Enjoy it and help USA win the title!!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #3027
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

GL CoCo!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #3028

mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice mimus of rst is just really nice

She's got the only possible solution to Schiavone: Power. Pounding stroke after stroke, keeping Schiavone off-balance and off-court. (Not that Francesca can't hit jaw-droppers from the doubles alleys and end-court.)
Old Nov 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM   #3029

Beaut shot of Coco in full twist-serve motion here:

http://442.perfil.com/wp-content/upl...Vandeweghe.jpg

My previous fave was

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/526/NY...2_1024x768.jpg

from when Jankovic was schooling her at the 2008 USO.
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM   #3030

"CoCo's got game," fellow Fed Cup teammate Liezel Huber said. "We all know CoCo's got game. Sometimes you have to go through the tough times to get to the good times. She's matured a little later than I expected, but now it's the fun stuff. What she does well is play the matches, and hopefully next year we'll sit here and CoCo is for sure top 50. Because she has the all-around game."

Huber began paying close attention to Vandeweghe two years ago.

"I loved her big game," Huber said. "I vouched for her when she was 16."

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/nov...d-cup-20101105

While I'm big on Coco myself, and have been since 2008, I'm not quite convinced by her recent East Asian runs, and still consider it something like 50/50 who gets the double-bagel when she goes up against the Upper Depths ;^)~

Still, she's been in a coupla fierce three-setters recently.

Last edited by mimus of rst : Nov 5th, 2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Date wrong