CoCo's Cloud Nine! - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2007, 01:02 PM   #196
country flag CoCoV

CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coco Vandeweghe - Getting to know?

ya she did blow it haha i watched but o well there is always another match to play
ya i will watch some of mels match and let you guys know i am going to be showing up at the open at like 11 and i have to pratice hope i don't miss her match
CoCoV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #197
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

The American juniors are dropping like flies.
You break that trend, Coco!
(Now I'm hoping Coco DIDN'T watch Melanie! )
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #198
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Coco Vandeweghe - Getting to know?

What a beatdown! Coco and Allie won 63 60. Nice work, ladies!
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #199
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Coco Vandeweghe - Getting to know?

Hello everyone and CoCo . I just got back from the Open where i watched 3 days worth of matches
I got to see CoCos first rd match out on Court 6. I was sitting on the top of the small bleaches right down from CoCos mom. She seemed like a very nice lady :-) Very tall and tanned and seemed very friendly to everyone. She is an ex olympic volleyball player. Anyways, it was a great match for CoCo...she was in total control the whole match except for early in the 2nd set where she had a slight lapse losing 8 pts in a row . But thats ok, she quickly regrouped and closed it out. If i am not mistakin, the girl she was playing is 13 years old! A little bit of drama..well not really... Her opponent, Valeriya Solovieva ( rus ) took a LENGTHY break after losing the 1st set. When she came back she was grunting LOUDLY and questioned a couple calls ( she circled a ball from a coco forehand winner that was cleary IN one time ). I take it she talked with her coach during this "break" . I guess your never to young to be taught gamesmanship .
I guess thats it, when CoCo left the court to go hug her mom i patted her on the back and said good job. Then when she left to go get her stuff on the court i yelled " keep that patch on CoCo" . She turned around and started to bust out laughing So yeah, i was happy to see the american flag on her back. Sooooo, i hope you remember who i am. I was the tall white dude with the A hat on and light blue Adidas shirt . I was really impressed with your game. Especialy the Kick serve and the round house forehand winners I also liked that you tried to come to the net a few times...keep up the good work and i hope to see ya next year
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 10:55 PM   #200
country flag CoCoV

CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold CoCoV is a splendid one to behold

well i did miss mels match so i cna't tell you guys anything about it
haha thanks for watching i did have a little laps but i wanted to close it out on my serve haha i always like to do that
ya i do remeber you they asked me about the falg again in doubles and i was like heck no i am not changing my shirt i alrdy went though this once get it right!!!!!
CoCoV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 11:00 PM   #201

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoV View Post
haha thanks for watching i did have a little laps but i wanted to close it out on my serve haha i always like to do that
ya i do remeber you they asked me about the falg again in doubles and i was like heck no i am not changing my shirt i alrdy went though this once get it right!!!!!
I can't believe they asked you again. Doesn't word get around not to mess with CoCos flag!
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #202
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

GO COCO!!!!
GL in Juniors, you could have done well in Qualys, but it is a learning experience.
btw i am joey (tennisbuddys twin). I have heard about your game and I seem very impressed.
Good luck in the future, I will alwyas support you, and keep the patch on!
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 12:14 AM   #203
auntie janie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoV View Post

Well maybe by the time you reach the final, they'll finally have it figured out.

Thanks for the report, Frazier~Force (you'll always be Frazier~Force to me! )

Good luck tomorrow, Coco!
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #204
auntie janie

Coco's already on court.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #205
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Vandeweghe d. Chernyakova(14) 7-6(2) 6-0 Good win CoCo! She'll play DOubles R2 later today
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #206

Thumbs up Re: Coco Vandeweghe - Getting to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbasher View Post
Vandeweghe d. Chernyakova(14) 7-6(2) 6-0 Good win CoCo! She'll play DOubles R2 later today
Thats a HUGE win!!! The #14 seed goes down Two Russians in a row

Last edited by CrossCourt~Rally : Sep 5th, 2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #207
auntie janie

I knew she'd win today.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #208

Lightbulb Re: Coco Vandeweghe - Getting to know?

Hey guys, i found this article from a yahoo search. Lots of info in here about why CoCo is not higher ranked considering her awesome game. It looks like she is 1,000% healthy now
-------------------------------------------------------------

Coco's old genes look good

By Jerry Magee
STAFF WRITER

February 20, 2007

Coco Vandeweghe, 15, has withdrawn from La Costa Canyon High and has begun home schooling in Palm Springs in order that she can be coached by Jose Higueras, a noted tennis instructor.

Tennis prodigy Coco Vandeweghe, 15, has a new coach (Jose Higueras) and a new approach (home schooling). She will be working out in Palm Springs.
“She was just dying to do it,” said Coco's mother, Tauna Vandeweghe of Rancho Santa Fe, who is married to Michael O'Shea but retains the name Vandeweghe.

As her mother noted, Coco is not a typical 15-year-old. She is 6-feet-1, weighs 150 and has the genes of a champion if not, just yet, the complete game of a champion. Within a year, her mother said if things go well for Coco in her association with Higueras, she should be able to play with anybody.

“Her only weakness is inexperience,” said her mother.

Certainly, she has the genes to excel. Consider:

Her grandfather is Ernie Vandeweghe, a onetime stalwart of the New York Knicks.

Her mother, who is just a shade under 6-feet-3, swam competitively at UCLA. At 20, she began playing volleyball at USC and was a member of the U.S. women's volleyball team at the Montreal Olympics in 1984.

Advertisement Tauna Vandeweghe's mother was “Miss America” in 1952. Her name was Colleen Kay Hutchins. She was the sister of 6-foot-6 Mel Hutchins, a basketball star at BYU who was the second player named (by the Tri-Cities Blackhawks) in the NBA's 1951 draft. Mel Hutchins would play seven years in the NBA with three teams.
Coco's uncle is Kiki Vandeweghe, a former UCLA basketball star who has served as the general manager of the Denver Nuggets and currently is a television commentator on NBA matters.

As her mother details her daughter's game, Coco never is going to be one of those women who take a stand at the baseline and rally interminably. She is being prepared to play a “big game,” which takes time to develop, but she has the serve to do it.

“What's important to us is not today,” said her mother.

For the first time in three years, Coco is fully healthy, according to her mother. A mold that had developed in the family's Rancho Santa Fe home had taxed her immune system and made her vulnerable to injuries.

“Every time she got tired, she got hurt,” her mother said. “She went two years when she almost didn't finish a tournament.”

But she is fit now and her mother said she is profiting from the counseling she is receiving from Higueras.

“He has a very strong work ethic; he is the person Jim Courier and Pete Sampras went to when they wanted to get in shape,” Tauna Vandeweghe said. “Coco is not a little bitty girl; she is an athlete. Everybody who sees her says, 'Oh, boy, she looks great.' ”

Coco currently is competing in the Girls 18s Supernationals in Hawaii.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 05:03 PM   #209
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

I was pretty sure too Chernyakova has gained that seed through lower Grades
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #210
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute

great job coco

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote