Maria Shishkina - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #1
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute
Maria Shishkina

She's only 11 so we'll have to wait a few years before she starts playing junior tournaments but she seems sooo impressive. She just won Eddie Herr U12 without dropping a set. After destroying almost all of her opponents she beat Tornado Ali Black 6:1 6:0 in the final.
She's originally from Kazakhstan but now represents USA.
Here's an interview with her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiMEJbECx18

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva

Last edited by Freakan : Jul 8th, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #2
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of
Re: Mariya Shishkina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGFeT...eature=channel

here is a video of her from the final...she is a big talent....i see her having a big future
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #3
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful! The United States is really building a solid future for tennis. Starting from about this year's "senior class" downward we have at least two-three girls who are solid in each graduating year.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 03:27 AM   #4
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard of her
GL to her!!
I think that she'll end up playing for KAZ since they are good at attracting players

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #5
country flag jusluvinjrtennis

jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light

Just curious - will American accept a "manufactured" player? Or do we REALLY want a home grown top 10?
For the record - IMG is backing this girl to a figure of $200,000 per year. They went to Eastern Europe - found a cute, blond, kid that could play a little, brought her over here, worked on her accent ( she literally has no Eastern European accent ), Supporting her and her mother full time. She trains all day with a private coach - NO GROUP LESSONS FOR THIS ONE! She has several lessons per week in front of the camera and they "socialize" her with the other kids so she has a cute
personality. They are correcting all of the issues with Sharapova. Remember when Sharapova first starting winning? She wasn't all that great in front of the camera. And since she was from Russia - the USA never really got behind her really strong. ( Except for supporting her as a great player.) This is the Bollettieri
"machine" at its best. She's definitely a good player. I want to be clear on that. I'm not criticizing her at all. Just wanted everyone's opinion on the
"playing for the USA" thing.
jusluvinjrtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #6
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Sharapova might as well be American. I bet she spends more time in the states than in Russia.

I'll accept any player that considers themselves and American. She has been raised here for so long that she considers America her home and that's good enough for me. Will the rest of America? As long as she's good, decent looking, and has a cute/nice personality, I don't think she'll have an issue.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 04:18 AM   #7
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just kidding becasue Kazakhstan has a history of stealing players from other countries

Old Dec 11th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #8
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusluvinjrtennis View Post
Just curious - will American accept a "manufactured" player? Or do we REALLY want a home grown top 10?
For the record - IMG is backing this girl to a figure of $200,000 per year. They went to Eastern Europe - found a cute, blond, kid that could play a little, brought her over here, worked on her accent ( she literally has no Eastern European accent ), Supporting her and her mother full time. She trains all day with a private coach - NO GROUP LESSONS FOR THIS ONE! She has several lessons per week in front of the camera and they "socialize" her with the other kids so she has a cute
personality. They are correcting all of the issues with Sharapova. Remember when Sharapova first starting winning? She wasn't all that great in front of the camera. And since she was from Russia - the USA never really got behind her really strong. ( Except for supporting her as a great player.) This is the Bollettieri
"machine" at its best. She's definitely a good player. I want to be clear on that. I'm not criticizing her at all. Just wanted everyone's opinion on the
"playing for the USA" thing.
Thanks for sharing How do you know all that?
Looking at rankings of the youngest generation of American girls - that's the future of American tennis. So many of these girls come from Eastern Europe, some of them probably were born in USA (like Nefedova - I think).

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #9
country flag jusluvinjrtennis

jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light

I took my son to Bollettieri's a month or so ago. His interest level is at about a 6 or 7. He really enjoys soccer. My daughter however, is only 7 but is actually very good and absolutely loves the game. So as I spent my week there ( of which I will NEVER do again ) I was paying particular attention to the girls that were training there. So to answer your question of how I know this - unfortunately it was not hard to see. Its quite glaring the attention that is being paid to this little girl. And with a question or 2 here or there - the pieces of the puzzle came together. I am by nature very inquisitive and perceptive. Its quite apparent that the other kids that go there paying their $30K to 50K per year are simply paying this girls way to the top. (her or one or two like her I should say)

Overall -was very disappointed at Bollettieri's.

I do agree with you that kids from other countries that come to the USA may in fact be the future of american tennis. We have some very good kids coming thru so we will see.

Thanks for your input!
jusluvinjrtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #10
country flag Freakan

Thanks again
And good luck to your daughter

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Old Dec 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #11
Team USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusluvinjrtennis View Post
I took my son to Bollettieri's a month or so ago. His interest level is at about a 6 or 7. He really enjoys soccer. My daughter however, is only 7 but is actually very good and absolutely loves the game. So as I spent my week there ( of which I will NEVER do again ) I was paying particular attention to the girls that were training there. So to answer your question of how I know this - unfortunately it was not hard to see. Its quite glaring the attention that is being paid to this little girl. And with a question or 2 here or there - the pieces of the puzzle came together. I am by nature very inquisitive and perceptive. Its quite apparent that the other kids that go there paying their $30K to 50K per year are simply paying this girls way to the top. (her or one or two like her I should say)

Overall -was very disappointed at Bollettieri's.

I do agree with you that kids from other countries that come to the USA may in fact be the future of american tennis. We have some very good kids coming thru so we will see.

Thanks for your input!
Thank you very much for this info. I've heard a lot of stories about the "darker" side to Bollettieri's. I don't know if I could send my kids there either. Regardless of how he decides to run his academy, I hope it doesn't harm Mariya in any way.

Good luck to your daughter! Hope she succeeds in the future!

Old Dec 17th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #12
country flag hellas719

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...ame=bodo_peter

Old Dec 18th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #13
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Oh she's a little cutie pie.
Reminds me of Anna Chakvetadze.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 05:44 AM   #14
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

She's adorable Seems to be very talented. Hits a clean ball. Good luck to her I'll root for her.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 01:48 AM   #15
country flag Freakan

Mariya lost in QF of Orange Bowl to Francoise Abanda (who is 1 year older) 6:7(8) 7:5 2:6. She must have been extremely tired in the 3rd set as she played already 2 matches (5 sets) yesterday. But well done anyway

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva