Marija Mirkovic - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Marija Mirkovic go?

Top 50 1 5.00%
Top 100 3 15.00%
Top 200 12 60.00%
Top 400 4 20.00%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #121
country flag cas-per

cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all
Re: Marija Mirkovic's Fan Squad!!

Marija's on the list for serbian national championship starting this week,playing for Crvena Zvezda(red star),with A.Krunic,A.Jovanovic,A.Timotic .It's note yet 100%sure is she will play,but I'm hoping to see her,Prokuplje is too far from Belgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #122
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting,
Does that mean she is now a Serbian citizen or is it open to people of Serbian ancestry?

Because if we have lost another player to another country
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 03:13 AM   #123
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

That would suck if she did, One of the perils of being from a country of lots of mixed nationalities. It doesn't even make sense to become Serbian anyway, when she can already get into the tournaments Serbia have and can get truck loads of Wildcards in Australia..oh well sick of worrying about this stuff, whatever happens..happens..
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 04:44 AM   #124
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

I doubt she's ever going to be any good anyway. Still though, it would be crap to lose her. We need every player we can get.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 06:45 AM   #125
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I agree with both daniel and Danimoo. There is really very little we can do but all of this change of nationality stuff is starting to really get me down. We have Laura Robson Ozzie born representing Britain, Johanna Konta about to do the same. We still have Dokic but I still worry about her switching again. Marija possibly moving back to Serbia. On the plus side we may get eventually Rodionova and Gajdosova but it still confuses me when their previous nationalities are listed.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 07:46 AM   #126
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
I doubt she's ever going to be any good anyway. Still though, it would be crap to lose her. We need every player we can get.
That's harsh.
Have you ever seen her play? She has a good forehand, good serve. If she could stay injury free for a while I think she could climb the rankings quite quickly. I think she can be top 200 eventually, but it all depends on her how much further she can go.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #127
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Was she born in Serbia? If so, maybe she is eligible as she may hold dual citizenship.

All may not be lost. But still, it's quite disloyal to go play nationals for another country...forget giving her any wildcards next year.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #128
country flag cas-per

cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all cas-per is a name known to all

Take it easy people,she's not competing individual,she playing(maybe)for one team.Also some players from Montenegro(they are officially under Montenegro flag-so they are foreigners)playing for our clubs,and all players are payed for that.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #129
country flag OZTENNIS

Ah okay, well thank you for clearing that up
Hope she does well
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #130
country flag OZTENNIS

Just post Marija's schedule over the next few weeks,

SCHEDULE
Week of 21st July, 2008
$US10 000 Hunedoara ITF Women's Circuit Event - Hunedoara, Romania (MD #12)

Week of 28th July, 2008
$US25 000 Bad Saulgau ITF Women's Circuit Event - Bad Saulgau, Germany (ALT #88, Pr. No.1)
$US75 000 Rimini ITF Women's Circuit Event - Rimini, Italy (ALT #115, Pr. No.2)
$US10 000 Arad ITF Women's Circuit Event - Arad, Romania (QD #5, Pr. No.3)
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #131
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

Smart scheduale, and glad we dont have to worry about losing her.
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 12:59 AM   #132
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Good luck to her for getting some solid tournaments in
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #133
country flag cas-per

Marija won all her matches on our national(and her team won the title,again)
she didn't had a strong opponents,but mine friend was there,and he tell me that her game was quite good,especially her serve.
And don't worry,she's staying Australian.
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #134
country flag scottsue

Thank goodness for that!
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM   #135
country flag OZTENNIS

Thank you for the update cas-per

Good luck to Marija in the ITF's over the next few weeks