Marija Mirkovic - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Marija Mirkovic go?

Top 50 1 5.00%
Top 100 3 15.00%
Top 200 12 60.00%
Top 400 4 20.00%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:18 AM   #76
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of
Re: Marija Mirkovic Cheering Thread

What a shame. Get well soon Marija.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #77
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Bump!

Marija withdrew from Port Pirie, but is still on the entry lists for Nurioopta and Mount Gambier.

Hopefully she can recover from her sprained ankle and rack up some points. Otherwise she will fall sharply if she doesn't defend her Australian Open quallies points.

She achieved a career high ranking of 518 earlier in the season. She is now ranked at 580. I think she will play almost exclusively on the senior circuit next year, considering she will be 18 in February, no age eligibility restrictions...she probably will play AO Juniors, but then say goodbye to juniors for good. I hope she will be ranked in the 400's this time next year
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #78
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

2008 Optus Nottinghill International Junior Championships - Nottinghill, Australia
Grade 1, Girls Singles Main Draw of 64
Representing Australia, Marija Mirkovic, unseeded wildcard entrant

1st Rd: defeated Lara Meccico (ITA) 5-7 7-5 6-3
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:20 AM   #79
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Good to see her playing again. I wonder if she is serious about her tennis?
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 04:49 AM   #80
country flag OZTENNIS

2008 Optus Nottinghill International Junior Championships - Nottinghill, Australia
Grade 1, Girls Singles Main Draw of 64
Representing Australia, Marija Mirkovic, unseeded wildcard entrant

1st Rd: defeated Lara MECCICO (ITA) 5-7 7-5 6-3
2nd Rd: defeated Zi-Yan YANG (HKG) (13) 6-4 6-0

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Another good win in the second round for Marija, looks like she has hit some form...she has to play a Thai girl for a place in the quarter finals, winnable IMO
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #81
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Marija's got a dub's wc partnering Wlodarctank....bit of a scratch pairing....
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #82
country flag scottsue

Can she play both?
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 08:01 PM   #83
country flag OZTENNIS

I think Greg Jones and Brydan Klein did last year...I hope she sticks with Nottinghill in any case, because her draw has kind of opened up.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 05:39 AM   #84
country flag OZTENNIS

Bump!

Surprised and pleased with her upset win over 6th seed Cindy Chala today. Mirkovic is a big girl and used the gusty conditions and her compact groundstrokes to good effect in the first set. Chala was off her game in the first, but the second was a reversal of the first with Chala handling the conditions better. The third was tight early before Marija cut down her errors and allowed Chala to self-implode...plays Bogdan in R2 ... congrats and good luck
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #85
country flag OZTENNIS

Okay, in my opinion Mirkovic should take advantage of her height and stature and become far more dominating on court. She has a good serve, but needs to work hard on getting a lot more power and spin off her ground strokes. I actually think that she could go a long way if she got this side of her game going. But she seems to lose her concentration and becomes easily frustrated for no apparent reason. Take her two matches in the juniors. She won both of the first sets 6-1 and 6-3 and then dropped the second sets 6-1. She really needs to improve her mentality so she can begin to take the next step.

IMO, She should be top 450 by the end of this year, and ultimately another top 200 player.
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #86
country flag OZTENNIS

$US25000 Mildura ITF Women's Circuit Event - Mildura, Australia
Women's Singles Main Draw of 32
Representing Australia, Marija Mirkovic, unseeded

1st Rd: defeated (#498 WTA) Ayaka MAEKAWA (JPN) 6-1 6-4
-------------------------------------
Great win for Marija and her best win since AO Quallies in '07...Plays 4th seed Hamamura in R2...Hamamura stuggled to beat Sally Peers today so fingers crossed
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:21 AM   #87
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Surprisingly easy win considering her opponents ranking!
Hopefully this'll give her the confidence she needs to get back up the rankings. If Hamamura could struggle against someone like Peers, Marija should be feeling got about her chances.....
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #88
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Marija, good win. I think she has a chance against Hamamura, if she can pull it all together.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #89
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Finally a decent win in seniors for Marija
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #90
country flag scottsue

Good stuff Marija.