Marija Mirkovic - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Marija Mirkovic go?

Top 50 1 5.00%
Top 100 3 15.00%
Top 200 12 60.00%
Top 400 4 20.00%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 26th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #361
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of
Re: Marija Mirkovic

Marija withdraw from the event and was replaced by a LL.
Things aren't going well, poor girl.
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2009, 06:07 AM   #362
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

i haven't followed much tennis since wimbledon.....whats the story with marija....she been injured or just missing in action??
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 08:39 AM   #363
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

don't know exactly. could have an injury if she withdrew from her last event. hopefully we'll see her name in a draw soon.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #364
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

I suspect a injury as she seems to have been regularly withdrawing. Whatever is going, it is a real pity, as based on her early year performance it appeared this could have been Marija's breakthrough year.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 04:42 AM   #365
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Bump this thread too.

An encouraging end to an up and down season for Marija.

2010 Australian Open Playoff - Melbourne, Australia
Women's Singles, Round Robin, Main Draw of 16
Representing Australia, Marija Mirkovic, seeded 5

Match 1: defeated Daniela SCIVETTI (NSW) 6-4 6-2
Match 2: defeated Jessica MOORE (WA) (3) 4-6 6-3 6-1
Match 3: defeated Alenka HUBACEK (VIC) 6-1 3-6 6-4

Quarter Finals: lost to Sally PEERS (VIC) (6) 7-5 6-3

Marija is currently ranked 311. Thanks to her run in Australian Open qualifying (plus a few other good results) Marija achieved a career high ranking of 276 in mid December.

YE Rankings
2009 - 299
2008 - 519
2007 - 573
2006 - 943

Hopefully she can have a solid start to 2010 and defend some of the points that will come off in January
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 05:37 AM   #366
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

AUSTRALIAN OPEN QUALIFYING DRAW
(1)Yanina Wickmayer BEL v Yurika Sema JPN
Alexandra Panova RUS v Naomi Cavaday GBR
Marija Mirkovic AUS v Arina Rodionova RUS
Eva Hrdinova CZE v Lourdes Dominguez Lino ESP (22)

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #367
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Marija looked really flat today, she wasn't going for her shots and instead was playing pretty defensive. Her rankings going to take a hit and I think she's got a tough year ahead and might struggle to get back into the mid 200's.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #368
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Her footwork today was pathetic.....there is no way she should of lost that match had she been awake and going for her shots.....she has definately imo not improved on where she was twelve months ago when i last saw her play!
|
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 12:07 PM   #369
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

*BUMP*

After 9 months off, looks like Marija will be back playing. She's on the qualies list for $25K is Burnie and Launceston, straight after the Oz Open

Will be good to have her back.
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 12:45 PM   #370
country flag ozfan44

Im sure she was sitting in the Jovanovski box in R1 at the AO last week. Looked fit hopefully if it was her she is healthy and ready to get back into the mix...
|
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 12:49 PM   #371
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Jovanovski and Mirkovic were both born in Belgrade so maybe they have connections there, which would explain the link. If you're right, then well spotted!
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:40 PM   #372
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 07:57 AM   #373
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Glad she's back, along with Peers and Rogowska this girl had the ability to push for top 100, unlike Moore who was never going to make it even with all the luckiest draws in the world
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:00 AM   #374
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Jovanovski and Mirkovic were both born in Belgrade so maybe they have connections there, which would explain the link. If you're right, then well spotted!
A little off thread but did anyone read that Jovanovski along with her coach and Alan Stone were involved in a car crash in Sydney after a driver ran a red light? She must have been very shocked.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM   #375
country flag ozfan44

Fuck enough with the Jess Moore comments get over it yes she sucked so bad blah blah blah and now she is gone....MOVE ON

Mirkovic will never make it either for someone of her size she is way too slow and has a shit serve....
|