Lauren Embree - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 03:49 PM   #1
country flag Legolas_111

Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice
Lauren Embree

I think Lauren Embree deserves her own thread!

Lauren Embree had a promising career as a junior, reaching the 6th position in the rankings, winning the Eddie Herr Championships in 2008 and playing the final of the Easter Bowl in 2008 and 2009.

Professionally, she won the ITF Wichita in 2008 and the ITF Fort Worth last year, both with $10,000 and played the 1st round of the French Open in 2009, after winning the American play-off.

However, she enrolled the University of Florida, where she helped the Gators to win four SEC titles and National Championships in 2011 and 2012. Also, she was the No. 1-ranked collegiate player in the USA in 2012.

Now, she is 22 and she's just turned professional as you can see in this article:

http://www.stack.com/2013/09/12/lauren-embree/

I hope she has an amazing career!!!! Finally, as curiosity, her favourite surface is red clay, which is a bit strange for Americans.
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #2
country flag Legolas_111

Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice Legolas_111 is just really nice
Re: Lauren Embree

Lauren starts her 2014 season playing the qualifies of three $25,000 ITFs on clay (her favourite surface) in Florida: Vero Beach, Port St. Lucie and Daytona Beach.
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 04:24 PM   #3
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Lauren!!

New York, New York

#1 Fan of Melanie Oudin
moodin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #4
country flag Legolas_111

She's not in the qualies of Vero Beach... maybe she got a WC for the main draw or she's not ready yet to start the season?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #5
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for making her a thread!!

GL in 2014, Lauren!!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 09:02 PM   #6
jkelley94

jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all jkelley94 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas_111 View Post
She's not in the qualies of Vero Beach... maybe she got a WC for the main draw or she's not ready yet to start the season?

Her twitter feeds mention a "setback" and a doctor's appointment. Not great signs - hope she is okay! A MDWC would make sense for her, as a Florida native & college player ...
jkelley94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 09:10 PM   #7
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for making the thread Legolas. Hopefully the setback is only minor. All the best to Lauren in 2014.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #8
country flag Legolas_111

She's not in the main draw either... I hope she's ok and plays next week in Port St. Lucie

Old Jan 6th, 2014, 08:56 PM   #9
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't she the one who played Petrova at RG years ago? I hope she's developed some weapons because I remember she hit about 2 winners in the entire match.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 11:42 AM   #10
country flag Legolas_111

Yes, she played Petrova in RG 2009.. But that was 5 years ago and since then she's been one of the most impressive college players. So, I think she has improved for sure.

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #11
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Lauren has earned the nickname "ice princess" for having nerves of steel.

I can't say she has developed a lot of weapons, so I hope she'll improve on that and have success as a pro.

Given her work ethic and consistency, I think she has potential to be a top 100 player.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #12
country flag Legolas_111

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Lauren has earned the nickname "ice princess" for having nerves of steel.

I can't say she has developed a lot of weapons, so I hope she'll improve on that and have success as a pro.

Given her work ethic and consistency, I think she has potential to be a top 100 player.
That's good to hear! I think she can do lot of things if she keeps working and improving her game.

Old Jan 9th, 2014, 07:00 AM   #13
country flag Legolas_111

According to her Twitter she's having surgery... Any news on that? Such bad luck...

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 04:44 PM   #14
country flag Legolas_111

Happy birthday Lauren!! 23 years!!

Old Jan 10th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #15
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy birthday Lauren!!

New York, New York

#1 Fan of Melanie Oudin
moodin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote