The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread - Page 75 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 8th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #1111
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

Finally some wins for Emilie!!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2014, 06:52 AM   #1112
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Panaceo ITF Junior Cup Villach 2014, AUT, G2

QF

Sofya Zhuk (RUS) d. (5)Emilie Francati (DEN) 64 61

At least she reached the QF, which she was supposed to according to her seeding. Good week!
She's playing another G2 in Austria next week, but unfortunately Emilie has withdrawn from the Grade A Trofeo Bonfiglio in Italy the week after that.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #1113
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Emilie

Bally

Tim Howard
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:35 AM   #1114
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

35 Internationale Spring Bowl 2014 Amstetten, AUT, G2

R1

Emilie Francati (DEN) d. Mira Antonitsch (AUT) 62 61

R2
Emilie Francati (DEN) d. Lana Slavica (CRO) 75 62

Old May 15th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #1115
country flag goOudinUSA

Emilie Keep it up!!

Bally

Tim Howard
Old May 15th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #1116
country flag angliru

QF

Emilie Francati (DEN) d. Anastasia Chikalkina (RUS) 63 76(7)

Good week! This seems to be Emilie's last tournament before Roland Garros, although it's still uncertain whether she'll get a quali-spot. She's still way down on the ALT-list.
Old May 15th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #1117
country flag goOudinUSA

Emilie GL in the SF!!

Surprised she didn't enter doubles...

Bally

Tim Howard
Old May 16th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #1118
country flag angliru

SF

(wc)Lena Reichel (AUT) d. Emilie Francati (DEN) 46 60 64

I'm pretty sure French Open won't happen for Emilie. I was very confident some months ago because she was able to get in the AO main draw with an even lower ranking. But French Open is much harder, of course, because there are so many players in Europe. And last year's RG cut-off was skewed because the last girl into qualifying got in because of her pro ranking, and not because of her junior ranking! Good week in Austria though. And Emilie will climb a few spots in the rankings.
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:46 AM   #1119
country flag goOudinUSA

Emilie Nice week, nonetheless.

You think she could enter doubles at Roland Garros?

Bally

Tim Howard
Old May 17th, 2014, 05:57 AM   #1120
country flag angliru

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
You think she could enter doubles at Roland Garros?
I hope so, but I really don't know. Wimbledon will probably be tough too, although the points she earned this week in Austria may help.

Btw, Julie Noe was on the Trofeo Bonfiglio (Grade A) entry list next week, but she doesn't appear on the published q-draw. So she seems to have skipped the tournament. I guess I could have figured as much since she was playing at KB yesterday - at the same time when the sign-in was supposed to happen in Italy!
Old May 20th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #1121
country flag angliru

Nordic U14 Team Championships

Each tie consisted of four singles matches and two doubles matches.

Denmark lost to Finland 2-4 (Rebekka Hillingsø & Sofia Samavati won their singles)
Denmark lost to Sweden 2-4 (Rebekka Hillingsø & Sofia Samavati won their singles)
Denmark d. Norway 5-1 (Denmark won both doubles plus Rebekka Hillingsø, Sofia Samavati & Hannah V. Møller in singles)

Rebekka and Sofia did very well as both won all their singles matches! Hannah won one of her two singles matches. Denmark came third of the four Nordic countries but would have fared much better if their doubles results were better: In total, Denmark won 7 singles matches and 2 doubles matches, Finland won 7 singles and 5 doubles, while Sweden won 8 singles and 5 doubles.
Old May 20th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #1122
country flag goOudinUSA

Glad the girls pulled out one win.

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 07:29 AM   #1123
country flag angliru

For the Danes: There's an article about Emilie Francati at tennisavisen.dk.

It seems like her next couple of tournaments are in Poland an Denmark:

11 June - 15 June, Euro Holding ITF Bytom Cup 2014, POL, G3
16 June - 21 June, ITF Odense 2014, DEN, G4
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 06:46 AM   #1124
country flag angliru

Emilie Francati has withdrawn from Odense. Julie Noe withdrew too but there are still some Danish girls in the draw. But Emilie is going to play Roehampton (Julie Noe is on the acceptance list too but outside the cut-off):

22 June - 27 June 2014, Nike Junior International Roehampton, GBR, G1

Unfortunately it doesnt look like Emilie's going to make the Wimbledon cut-off. She's ALT #14 at the moment. There are 6 British girls ahead of her in the Q and ALT lists. If those British girls all get MD and Q wildcards, then Emilie will move up to ALT #8 (in a best case scenario). A few further withdrawals will bring her very close to the Q-draw, but she'll probably end just oudside the cut-off

Last edited by angliru : Jun 6th, 2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old Jun 7th, 2014, 11:31 AM   #1125
country flag angliru

Stabekk Open TE14 (Norway)

SF
(4)Rebekka La Cour Hillingsø (DEN) d. (1)Ekaterina Spirina (RUS) 63 36 61

GL in the final

Sofia Munch lost the SF in the U16 draw. Amanda Rohde reached QF in U14.