The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:00 PM   #661
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

Simone's doubles final is tomorrow at 11:30 (CET). It's on court 4, so no stream

Most of the other Danish elite juniors are playing a GP tournament in Århus this weekend (although Julie Noe, Anna Signe and obviously Simone are missing). I see some interesting matches coming up. Maria Jespersen and Cecilie Melsted are in the same quarter. Jespersen (born 1991) is really trying to ignite a pro career at the moment, so it'll be interesting to see how she and Cecilie compares here.

Mai Grage is the big favourite, of course, and since Francati surprisingly lost 1st round today, there are not even the sligthest bumps for Mai before the semis.

Martine Ditlev and Emma Rønholt are in the second quarter and could have a nice quarterfinal (assuming they reach the quarters).

Malene Stripp is in the third quarter, which is probably the easiest, so I guess a SF is realistic.

Draw and today's results (pdf) is attached. Or see here:
http://www.tennis.dk/turneringsprogram.aspx#
Attached Images
File Type: pdf gps_uge10 DS.pdf (37.8 KB, 2 views)
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #662
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Kungens Kanna & Drottningens Pris, Sweden, TE U14

Doubles final

(3) Anastasia Detiuc (MDA)/Fanny Stollar (HUN) d. (1) Simone Alipieva (DEN)/Tereza Mihailikova (SVK) 6-3 6-3
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 11:10 AM   #663
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad. What will this mean rankingswise? Back in top 10 or not?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM   #664
country flag angliru

I don't have a full overview of what the other girls are defending, so I'm not 100% sure. But Simone will only gain 5 points to her present 495 after this tournament. And I don't think that will bring her further up. But she'll have more opportunities during the year...
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM   #665
country flag angliru

Strato-Ventilation Cup, Grand Prix series, Århus, Denmark

This is actually a Danish senior tournament but I'll post the results here anyway, since most of the participants are juniors.

QF (complete)

(1) Mai Grage def. Emma Henriksen 6-2 6-1
(4) Martine Ditlev def. (7) Emma Rønholt 7-6(2) 5-7 6-3
(3) Malene Stripp def. Frederikke Svarre 6-2 6-0
Maria Jespersen def. (2) Cecilie Melsted 2-6 6-1 7-5

No problems at all for Stripp and Grage. I expected Melsted to win, but I'm not surprised that it was such a close match. Good effort by Emma Rønholt; she continues to impress.

Semifinals and final tomorrow. I expect a Grage vs. Jespersen final - with Grage as the winner.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #666
country flag angliru

Strato-Ventilation Cup, Grand Prix series, Århus, Denmark

SF
(1) Mai Grage def. (4) Martine Ditlev 6-3 6-0
Maria Jespersen def. (3) Malene Stripp 6-1 6-3

Final
(1) Mai Grage def. Maria Jespersen 6-3 6-2
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #667
country flag angliru

It seems like most of the Danish juniors will skip the International tournaments during March and early April - probably because of the Danish indoors senior championships (17-23 March) and junior championships (2-8 April).

Hence the two Swedish ITF's in Kramfors will be without Danish participation (at least without the elite players). A shame actually, as the second of these Kramfors tournaments has a really weak entry list. Even players without a ranking would get direct main draw entry if they had entered!

This also means that Melsted will drop somewhat in the rankings as she has a few ITF points to defend during March (a G3 semifinal and a G4 doubles title). No other Danish girls will lose points during March. Melsted will still be the best ranked Danish girl, but only with a small lead to Julie Noe.

GL to all the girls at the championships!
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #668
country flag angliru

The draw for the Danish Indoor Championships is up:
http://www.tennis.dk/turneringsprogram.aspx#

Tough draw for some of the juniors: Emilie Francati has drawn Mai Grage in R1 (this is most unfortunate as Francati and Grage were the two finalists at the outdoors championships 2011)! Emma Rønholt is also in this quarter (bottom quarter).

Simone Alipieva will probably face Karen Barbat in R2. Martine Ditlev is also in this quarter (first quarter).

Malene Stripp, Maria Jespersen, and Julie Noe are in the 2nd quarter, and one of these will surely take the SF spot. Quite interesting section of the draw (certainly the most open).

The third quarter has Anna Signe Rasmussen, Ulrikke Høyer and Cecilie Melsted (among others). Melsted should win this section and face Mai Grage in the SF.

Unfortunately no livecam this year.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #669
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Noget nyt fra DM?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #670
country flag angliru

Two rounds played (results in downloadable pdf here, or at official site here). The only surprise so far is Emilie Elsvad defeating Anna Signe in round 2, but Elsvad used to be a pretty good elite player a year or two ago so it's perhaps not a really big surprise. Emilie Francati only won one game against Mai Grage i R1, and Barbat defeated Alipieva 6-1 6-2 in R2, so there's still a long way to go for the youngest juniors.

I'm impressed by Ida Emilie Krause. She's not yet 13 years old, but made it through qualification and into the main draw, playing a decent 1st round against 18 year old Emilie Elsvad. One of the future Danish talents...

QF draw

(1) Karen Barbat vs (5)Martine Ditlev
Maria Jespersen vs Julie Noe
Emilie Elsvad vs (3) Cecilie Melsted
(8) Emma Rønholt vs (2) Mai Grage

Martine and Emma face an impossible task against Karen and Mai respectively, but the other quarterfinals could be quite interesting (although Melsted and Maria are favourites). BTW: The Federation will probably give a Fed Cup nomination to any junior who performs particularly well at the Championships (not to play matches on the Team, but to gain some experience). Malou, Karen, Mai, and Cecilie are already nominated, but a fifth (and sixth?) player might get the chance! Maybe that can inspire Martine, Julie and Emma in the QF's?
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 05:16 PM   #671
country flag angliru

QF

(1) Karen Barbat def. (5) Martine Ditlev 6-2 6-0
Maria Jespersen def. Julie Noe 6-2 6-4
(3) Cecilie Melsted def. Emilie Elsvad 6-3 6-0
(2) Mai Grage def. (8) Emma Rønholt 6-1 6-1

Stor niveauforskel mellem de bedste og næstbedste (alt for stor, vil jeg mene). Barbat har kun tabt 6 partier i 3 kampe, og Mai Grage har kun tabt 7.
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 10:38 PM   #672
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Men det er godt vi har 4-5 gode... (med Caro and Malou)

Old Mar 21st, 2012, 10:39 PM   #673
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Not easy to know who will play in Fed Cup... of the 4...

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 07:23 PM   #674
country flag angliru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Not easy to know who will play in Fed Cup... of the 4...
My guess is that Karen and Mai will play singles, while Malou will play doubles only (probably with Grage).
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 07:27 PM   #675
country flag angliru

SF

(1) Karen Barbat def. Maria Jespersen 6-2 6-1
(2) Mai Grage def. (3) Cecilie Melsted 6-3 7-6 (8)

Great effort by Cecilie!

Last edited by angliru : Mar 22nd, 2012 at 08:02 PM.