The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 4th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #316
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

Kungens Kanna & Drottningens Pris, Stockholm, Sweden (U14)

Doubles:
1R: (3) Simone Alipieva/Lana Slavica (CRO) d. Falei (BLR)/Kosnacova (SVK) w.o.
QF: (3) Simone Alipieva/Lana Slavica (CRO) d. Sofia Ferding (SWE)/Fanny Ostlund (SWE) 6-2 0-6 10-7
SF: (3) Simone Alipieva/Lana Slavica (CRO) d. (2) Elina Nepliy (RUS)/Olga Sharypova (RUS) 6-2 7-5
F: (1) Lisa Ponomar (UKR)/Anna Sviripa (UKR) d. (3) Simone Alipieva/Lana Slavica (CRO) 7-5 7-6(5)

Close match. GL in France
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM   #317
country flag InTheAir

InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
SF: SF: Sofia Ferding (SWE) def. Simone Alipieva 6-0 6-0
Not a very impressive way to leave a tournement Either the Swedish girl must be a huge talent or Simone still have some way to go. But good to get some wins again. Is has been a while for Simone
InTheAir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #318
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

You're right, it's not a great scoreline for Simone. Still, Sofia Ferding beat the no. 1 seed in the first round 6-2 6-2, so she's playing really well here. I don't know Sofia Ferding, but she must be very talented. I consider Simone a huge talent too, but she obviously has a long way to go! I didn't see the SF, so I don't know what happened, but I'm not worried about the scoreline. Maybe Simone realised she couldn't win the match and decided to save some energy for her doubles final an hour later, instead of fighting too hard to win a few games? We don't know...

She's only 13 years old, and the important thing is to stay motivated and keep working and improving
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #319
country flag InTheAir

InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice

Sure, she is very talented and maybe the most talented in DK. But losing 0-6 0-6 normally means that either she does not have fighting skills or she is playing a tournament at a level where she does not belong. But of course the other girl might have played the match of her life
InTheAir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #320
country flag angliru

Simone's win at the U12 Bambini Cup in Austria last summer was very impressive. She lost only 6 games in her five matches on her way to the final, including defeating Tereza Mihailikova (SVK) 6-1 6-1 in the SF. Mihailikova is also a very talented girl who was in a U14 International final in January 2011 (she had to give a walkover though) - ranked slightly higher than Simone at the moment. I'm sure Simone will win more tournaments.

The transition from U12 to U14 may take some time though. A lot of the opponents will probably be much stronger, taller, and faster than Simone. But I think it's good that she plays so many International tournaments, because there are not many U14 girls of International quality in Denmark at the moment who can giver her any competition. But maybe Emilie Francati and Simone Alipieva will have some competitive rivalry the next years? I guess that would be nice, and very good for their development.
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #321
country flag angliru

TIM ESSONNE, Sainte -Genevieve des bois, France (U14)

1R: Simone Alipieva d. Manca Pislak (SLO) 6-0 6-3
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 06:18 AM   #322
country flag angliru

TIM ESSONNE, Sainte -Genevieve des bois, France (U14)

2R: (Q) Chloe HELBRINGER (FRA) d. Simone Alipieva 6-2 1-6 6-1 weird score

Doubles

Simone Alipieva/Aleksandra Buchla (POL) d. Katarina Jokic (BIH)/Dessislava Zlateva (BUL) 6-2 6-4
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #323
country flag angliru

There's a G4 tournament at Kramfors, Sweden this week (the same place where Cecilie Melsted played a G3 last week).

Two Danish players are in the draw, Anna Signe Rasmussen, and Isabel Fenger, and I have to mention a rather peculiar incident! Isabel Fenger played qualification, but lost a very tough qualification final to Maja Ornberg (SWE) 7-6(7) 7-6(3). But Isabel Fenger came through to main draw anyway as a lucky loser - and drew Maja Ornberg once again in the 1st round! Luckily Isabel won this time. A weird situation...

ITF Kramfors Junior Challenge, Sweden (G4)

1R
Anna Signe Rasmussen (DEN) d. Charlotta Swenson-Backelin (SWE) 6-2 6-2
(LL) Isabel Fenger (DEN) d. (Q)Maja Ornberg (SWE) 6-2 6-1
Old Mar 15th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #324
country flag angliru

I'm going to present a few of the younger Danish juniors in this thread during the next month or so. It'll be a brief introduction, and possibly a photo or two, and a video (if such one exists). But I have to stress one thing: I will not try to predict who'll be the future stars of Danish tennis. This would be almost impossible, because so few Danish girls continue to play tennis throughout their teenage years and into adulthood. While there are many really young (U12) girls playing tennis, most of these will find other interests once they're teenagers. Even if they continue with tennis, it seems to be at a lower level with more emphasis on getting an education. And only a few - both male and female - will have the motivation to begin and maintain a career as pro players (Mai Grage and Mads Engsted being the latest examples of this sadtendency; in the past there were also players like Eva Dyrberg, Hanne Skak Jensen and Martin Pedersen). Give me a day or two...
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #325
country flag angliru

ITF Kramfors Junior Challenge, Sweden (G4)

2nd Round
Deimante BULATOVAITE (LTU) (3) defeated Anna Signe RASMUSSEN (DEN) 7-6(2) 6-1
Donika BASHOTA (SWE) (7) defeated (LL) Isabel FENGER (DEN) 6-0 5-7 6-3

The two Danes are out in singles, but they also play doubles together and won their first round. They have a difficult 2nd round match though...

EDIT:

Doubles, QF:
(3) Irina LIDKOVSKAYA (RUS)/Maria LIMANSKAYA (RUS) def. Isabel FENGER (DEN)/Anna Signe RASMUSSEN (DEN) 7-5 7-5

Closer than I had expected. Good effort by the two Danish girls

Last edited by angliru : Mar 16th, 2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #326
country flag angliru

Emilie Francati (right), singles and doubles winner at TE Farum in February 2011. To the left is doubles partner Emma Rønholt.

Emilie Francati - an introduction

Club: Gentofte, Denmark
Date of birth: 24/06/1997

Emilie Francati's Year end rankings (Denmark)
2007: #21 - U12 (Melsted, two years older, was #1)
2008: #6 - U12 (Simone Alipieva was #1)
2009: #2 - U12 (Simone Alipieva was #1)
2010: #3 - U14 (Martine Ditlev, a year older, was #1)

Danish Championship results, singles
F - 2009 indoors (U12) - lost to Alipieva 60 57 36
F - 2009 outdoors (U12) - lost to Alipieva 26 16
SF - 2010 indoors (U14) - lost to Høyer 16 36

Danish Championship results, doubles
SF - 2009 indoors (U12) - with Emma Rønholt
F - 2009 outdoors (U12) - with Emma Rønholt
SF - 2010 indoors (U14) - with Emma Rønholt

I will begin my introduction of Danish tennis talents with Emilie Francati, because she is the most recent International tournament winner among the young Danish juniors. Emilie is one of the most talented Danish girls of the years 1997-1998. Simone Alipieva is probably the only girl from those years who has accomplished more at such an early stage. It's therefore obvious to compare the two girls. Simone, the younger of the two (by six months), has won more titles, and has beaten Emilie in a couple of Danish championship finals. But it seems like their developments have been quite different. While Simone already at the age of nine was among the very best U12 girls in Denmark, Emilie's development has been much more progressive the last year or so, and it seems like Emilie is at least as good as Simone at the moment. Emilie is also quite tall for a girl of her age which could turn out to her advantage. But I think it's really nice that there are two good girls of the same age, and I hope they can inspire and motivate each other to become even better.

Emilie Francati at the Tennis Europe tournament at Farum, May 2010.

Career overview
Began playing senior tennis, not yet 13 years of age, and had some success with her club Gentofte winning a few club matches - often against much older women. Emilie was awarded MVP (most valuable player) twice for her efforts (1, 2). She got a good win in the indoors club season against Camilla Therkildsen who's 5 years older and a good player (Danish junior doubles champion). Emilie also won matches against women in their 20's and 30's! Francati's best International result was a semi final at an outdoors U14 tournament at Farum in May beating players from Germany, Ukraine, and Sweden.

Won the Sealand U14 championships (Sjællandske mesterskaber) in January. Was a member of the Danish U14 team at the U14 TE Winter Cup in February and won a singles match vs. Belarus (the only Danish girl winning a match at the event!). Emilie also won both the singles and the doubles title at the TE indoor tournament at Farum in February!

From left: Emilie Francati, Emma Rønholt, Simone Alipieva, and captain Jens Anker Andersen at the Tennis Europe Winter Cup 2011.

Emilie Francati's next International event is U16 AEGON Junior International, London, Great Britain. I don't know why she's chosen to play a U16 (she's still only 13), but good luck anyway!

Last edited by angliru : Mar 16th, 2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #327
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks angliru... Great write up... Any info on Emma Rønholt?

Also is there any video of these 3 playing?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #328
country flag angliru

I have no videos of them playing (except maybe Simone hitting a serve in some interview clip). There was a live came on the court at the last tournament where Simone played, and I watched a part of it, but I didn't have any software to record the stream, and the quality propably wasn't worth it either (the players were completely unrecognizable unless you knew who were playing).

I'll write something about Emma next (tomorrow or in the weekend).
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #329
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
I have no videos of them playing (except maybe Simone hitting a serve in some interview clip). There was a live came on the court at the last tournament where Simone played, and I watched a part of it, but I didn't have any software to record the stream, and the quality propably wasn't worth it either (the players were completely unrecognizable unless you knew who were playing).

I'll write something about Emma next (tomorrow or in the weekend).
Thanks, Not to worry re the clips, your own recollections/reflections regarding their play would do as well...

Hopefully we may see some action at the Copenhagen Open...
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 07:31 PM   #330
country flag angliru

Emma Rønholt - an introduction

Club: Gentofte, Denmark
Date of birth: 12/12/1997

Emma Rønholt's Year end rankings (Denmark)
2007: #33 - U12 (Melsted, two years older, was #1)
2008: #9 - U12 (Simone Alipieva was #1)
2009: #4 - U12 (Simone Alipieva was #1)
2010: #4 - U14 (Martine Ditlev, a year older, was #1)

Danish Championship results, singles
QF - 2009 indoors (U12) - lost to Olivia Kenvig 60 46 16
SF - 2009 outdoors (U12) - lost to Francati 26 63 36
QF - 2010 indoors (U14) - lost to Ditlev 16 16
SF - 2010 outdoors (U14) - lost to Ditlev 16 36

Danish Championship results, doubles
SF - 2009 indoors (U12) - with Emilie Francati
F - 2009 outdoors (U12) - with Emilie Francati
SF - 2010 indoors (U14) - with Emilie Francati

Emma Rønholt (far right) winning bronze at the 2010 Danish outdoor U14 championships. The other girls are (from left): Ulrikke Høyer, Martine Ditlev, and Sofie Flader.

I don't know too much about Emma Rønholt, but she plays for the same club as Emilie Francati (Gentofte), and the two girls often play as a doubles team. Emilie Francati has always been slightly better than Emma Rønholt in the singles - and ranked higher - but Emma is quite good. She's actually ranked no. 2 among the U14 girls in Denmark today (behind Emilie Francati).

Emma was a runner up at the U14 Sealand championships 2011 (lost to Emilie Francati), and a SF at the Danish outdoors championships 2010. She has won some minor tournaments in Denmark, and has also done quite well in some Tennis Europe tournaments in Denmark, like defeating Emilie Francati at a TE tournament at Birkerød in 2010.

She has not yet played as much senior tennis as Emilie Francati, but it seems like she's beginning to play more and more senior events in Denmark. She was a semi finalist at the senior Sealand championships 2011 (quite impressive for a 13 year old!), and she has played at the Danish Grand Prix series 2011 and got some good wins at Århus reaching the QF. She lost 6-0 6-2 to Mai Grage in the GP series a few days ago, which perhaps doesn't seem impressive, but it's actually quite good to win two games against Mai with Mai's recent form (Mai has lost just one game in her two latest GP finals)! Emma is just over 13 years of age. She's 6 months younger than Francati, and a month older than Alipieva, so they're really contemporaries. It will be interesting to see these girls in a couple of years if they can continue their development! I really hope they can inspire each other and bring some competitiveness to Danish tennis...

Btw: There are also a few photos of Emma Rønholt further up in the thread in the post about Emilie Francati.