The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 06:16 PM   #286
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Danes are coming - Danish juniors thread

Simone is in the qualification at Les petits as in France this weekend. It's a big and well known U14 tournament with a prominent history and past winners such as Hingis (1991/92), Kournikova (1994), Clijsters (1997), and Safina (2000). Many other WTA world number ones have played as juniors at Les petits as, such as Henin and Davenport (runner ups), Mauresmo (SF), Ivanovic (1/8), and Wozniacki (a quarter finalist in 2004)!

Most of the girls in the main draw are born 1997 (only 4 are born 1998), and two thirds of the girls in the Qualification are also from 1997 so it will probably be tough even to qualify for the 1998 born Simone. Her match today certainly seems to have been tough in the first two sets but Simone won the 3rd convincingly.

Les petits As, France (U14)

QR1: (13)Simone Alipieva def. Carla Garcia Paez (ESP) 6-4 5-7 6-0

Quali draw
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 06:45 PM   #287
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Les petits as, France (U14)

QR1: (13)Simone Alipieva def. Carla Garcia Paez (ESP) 6-4 5-7 6-0
QR2: (13)Simone Alipieva def. Elisa Marianelli (FRA) 7-5 6-2

Qualification final against [6] Magali KEMPEN (BEL) monday. GL!
Old Jan 24th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #288
country flag angliru

Les petits as, France (U14)

QR3: [6] Magali Kempen (BEL) d. [13] Simone Alipieva (DEN) 6-0 6-2

The scoreline is not very impressive, but it's great that Simone got the chance to play three qualifying matches at such a big tournament. It's not often she has the chance to play against good opponents her own age in Denmark. I think it's good for her, and she needs the experience.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 10:07 AM   #289
country flag angliru

The Danish U14 and U16 girls are competing at the 2011 Tennis Europe Winter Cups next weekend (04-06 February).

The U14 girls are playing in Zone B in Rakovnik, Czech Republic, against these nations:
Belarus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Spain, Turkey

The U14 team is:
Simone Alipieva (1998)
Emilie Francati (1997)
Emma Roenholt (1997)
Jens Anker Andersen CAPTAIN

The U16 girls are playing in Zone B in BREST, France, with these nations:
Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Moldova, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland

The rather young U16 team (all girls still only 14!):
Martine Ditlev (1996)
Ulrikke Hoeyer (1996)
Julie Noe DEN (1996)
Simon Verner CAPTAIN

Each match consists of two singles and a doubles like in Fed Cup. There are 4 zones, and I think the two best nations in each zone will qualify for the finals later in February. I have not seen the draws yet, but I guess it will be difficult for Denmark to win any matches with such young teams, but I'm sure the girls will enjoy it! And it will give them some invaluable experience. GL!
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM   #290
country flag angliru

The draws for the 2011 Tennis Europe Winter Cup is out. They play knock-out system (not round robins like in Fed Cup). The U14 girls are up against Belarus, and the U16 girls against France. Both matches are played Friday. The 1st round losers will play for positions 5-8 (or 5-7 for the U14 girls as there are only 7 nations in their group).

U14 draw: http://te.tournamentsoftware.com/spo...9C8AFF8&draw=1

U16 draw: http://te.tournamentsoftware.com/spo...F7112A2&draw=1
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #291
country flag angliru

2011 Tennis Europe Winter Cup - U16 results:

France def. Denmark 3-0 (Ulrikke Høyer & Martine Ditlev in singles; Julie Noe/Ditlev in doubles)

Match for pos. 5-8:
Romania def. Denmark 3-0 (Ulrikke Høyer & Martine Ditlev in singles; Noe/Ditlev in doubles)

Match for pos. 7-8:
Denmark def. Moldova 2-1 (Julie Noe & Martine Ditlev in singles; Noe/Ditlev in doubles)

U14:

Belarus def. Denmark 2-1 (Simone Alipieva & Emilie Francati in singles; Alipieva/Francati in doubles)

Match for pos. 5-8:
France def. Denmark 3-0 (Alipieva & Francati in singles; Francati/Rønholt in doubles)

We knew it would be a difficult task for the Danish girls. The best Belarus U14 singles, for instance, is ranked #6 while the best Danish U14 girl (Alipieva, just moved up from U12) is ranked #85! But it's great that these young girls get a chance to play such events. The real future of Danish tennis must be found among the 10-16 yo.
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #292
country flag angliru

Of course the big junior event in Denmark next week will be the ITF (G4) in Copenhagen (KB), but there is also a smaller Tennis Europe tournament in Farum (U14 + U16). The Farum tournament will have a lot of Danish girls participating.

EuroElite/DISPUK Indoor Talent Cup 2011
Farum, Denmark
14 February - 20 February 2011
More

These are the Danish participants:

U14, main draw

Simone Alipieva (b. 1998)
Emilie Francati (1997)
Emma Roenholt (1997)
Vibe Baumann (1997)
Helena Hildebrand Steenberg (1999, md wildcard)
Ida Emilie Krause (1999, md wildcard)

+ several more in the qualification (maybe 10 girls?).

U16, main draw

Ulrikke Hoeyer (b. 1996)
Elisabeth Norgaard (1995)
Frederikke Karst (1995)
Kathrine Berge (1996)
Josephine Visler (1995)
Emma Haakansson (1996)

+ a bunch in the qualification
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #293
country flag angliru

ITF Junior Cup Copenhagen Indoor 2011 (G4)
Copenhagen, Denmark
14 February - 19 February

Danish players:
Cecilie Melsted (md)
Martine Ditlev (q)
Anna Signe Rasmussen (q)
Emilie Elsvad (q)

There is also a bunch of Danish girls listed as alternates. Some of them will possibly move into the qualification draw.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tou...ent=1100023233
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #294
country flag angliru

Main draw wild cards are given to 4 Danish players:
Julie Noe
Emilie Elsvad
Anna Signe Rasmussen
Ulrikke Høyer

Q wild cards:
Caroline Kønigsfelt
5 others not named yet

Source

I'm surprised Martine Ditlev didn't get a MD wild card, but maybe she'll move into main draw anyway (she's no. 1 on the Q list atm).
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #295
country flag angliru

The Q-draws for the Farum tournament are out:

U14
U16

I won't post results from the qualies but I will keep an eye on the results. There are many Danish players here but the most interesting thing is probably the U14 tournament, since all the best Danish U16 players are playing the bigger ITF event in Copenhagen (KB). Even Ulrikke Høeyer has been given a md wild card to Copenhagen, and she was supposed to be the best Danish U16 player in Farum (she's still listed in the Farum acceptance list)!
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 06:26 AM   #296
country flag angliru

Q-draw:
http://www.kb-boldklub.dk/Images/GSQ1102.pdf

7 Danish girls in the qualification. Martine Ditlev is indeed moved into the main draw.
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #297
country flag angliru

I'm a bit busy tonight, so I'll write in Danish: Ingen danskere kom videre fra kvalifikationen, hverken i Farum eller København. Bedst gjorde U14 pigerne i Farum det: 7 spillede kval, og 5 kom videre til anden runde, men ingen til kval-finalerne.

Weekendens lyspunkt var vel U12-spilleren Sofie Vogel Bjerringgaard fra Birkerød. Hun er 11½ år, men spillede sig til anden runde i U14-kvalen, hvor hun efter et tæt første sæt tabte til en næsten 14-åring græker. Udmærket!
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #298
country flag angliru

1R (Danish players):
(6) Cecilie Melsted (DEN) d. Charlotta Swenson-Backelin (SWE) 7-5 6-3
Brenda Njuki (SWE) d. (WC) Emilie Elsvad (DEN) 6-0 6-0
(5) Anna Smolina (RUS) d. (WC) Anna Signe Rasmussen (DEN) 6-1 6-4
Ann-Kathrin Wind (GER) d. (WC) Ulrikke Høeyer (DEN) 5-1 Ret.
(8) Madara Straume (LAT) d. (WC) Julie Noe (DEN) 6-2 6-4
(Q) Paulina Lewandowska (POL) vs. Martine Ditlev (DEN) (to be played Tuesday)

Cecilie
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #299
country flag InTheAir

InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice InTheAir is just really nice

Hopefully Martine Ditlev can join Cecilie Melsted into the second round. Cecilie is apparently the only Danish girl with international level if looking at the results today. Not very impressive I am afraid.

Hopefully the U14 players will do better in Farum TE.
InTheAir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #300
country flag angliru

(Q) Paulina Lewandowska (POL) d. Martine Ditlev (DEN) 7-6(4) 6-2

Martine lost, so Cecilie is the only Dane into 2nd round in singles. But it's going a bit better in doubles with two (or rather: one and a half) teams into 2nd round:

1R, doubles:
(1) Cecilie Melsted/Malin Ulvefeldt (SWE) d. Emma Ek (SWE)/Julie Noe (DEN) 6-1 6-3
Martine Ditlev/Anna Signe Rasmussen d. Ivanka Karamalak/Alena Karpova (RUS) 6-2 6-2