Fed Cup Thread : WGII: Deutschland - Frankreich in Limoges! 09.-10.Februar - Page 175 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:56 AM   #2611
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup Thread : Deutschland - Australien in Stuttgart! 21.-22.April

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...stuttgart.aspx

Quote:
Aussies dominant in Stuttgart

STUTTGART, GERMANY: German fans will be weeping into their strudel tonight following a devastating start at the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group play-off in Stuttgart. Germany needs to beat Australia this weekend in order to hold onto its place in the elite 8-nation World Group competition. So far, it’s not looking good for Deutschland. Australia is up by two.

Most expected Samantha Stosur, the world No.5, to win her match today against Angelique Kerber, but Australia was not necessarily expecting Jarmila Gajdosova to dismiss Germany’s Julia Goerges, ranked 34 places above her.

Stosur takes command

Sam Stosur took to the court against Germany’s Angelique Kerber, clinching the first crucial point for the green and gold. She was the favourite before the match as the higher-ranked player, but Kerber played her heart out and provided fans with a few nail-biting moments.

Whilst Stosur took an early lead, the crowd seemed to boost Kerber’s spirits. After falling behind three games in the first set, Kerber found her momentum and fought back to even the score. At four games all, you could almost see Kerber’s confidence grow as the crowd roared.

Stosur then hit a few beyond the baseline, and there was a brief moment there when German fans might have thought Kerber would take the lead. The 2011 US Open champion, however, maintained her composure, reflected on her earlier lead, and pushed through, pushing the set to five-all and then a tiebreak.

Kerber offered up aces and attacked Stosur’s backhand, and every point earned made the crowd go wild.

Stosur proved the stronger player, however, and easily took the first set in the tiebreak. She used that momentum to open strong in the second set, taking the first two games before Kerber challenged once again by attacking her opponent’s backhand.

The crowds were rewarded with some great tennis as the ladies matched up at three-all in the second set. Kerber then pulled ahead for the first and only time in the match, 4-3. German fans began to dance with their flags. Their jubilation was short-lived when Stosur proved why she’s the higher-ranked player. Australia’s top player regained her momentum and then the lead, taking the second set.

Stosur said afterwards that she had expected Kerber to offer a tough match. “The crowd was behind her and were trying to pump her up … I wasn’t expecting an easy one.”

The ‘underdogs’ take the lead

So if German fans were disappointed by Kerber’s loss, they were about to be dealt a severe blow by Australia’s Jarmila Gajdosova. Ranked fiftieth in the world, Gajdosova was not expected to beat Germany’s Julia Goerges.

Goerges never seemed to find her momentum, and she lost in two sets to the hard-hitting Gajdosova. Captain Taylor remarked on the fact that Goerges looked tight as she started to play, never really finding her rhythm.

Some of Goerges’ trouble was no doubt down to nerves, heading into the second tie down one after Stosur’s win. According to Taylor, it wasn’t just nerves. “[Gajdosova] controlled the speed of the ball, making it really uncomfortable for Goerges. Jarka played a great game. Julia didn’t lose just because of nerves.”

Goerges, for her part, admitted that she hadn’t been feeling well in recent days, but that she had given it her all on the court. “Jarka played a great match today. She’s a very good player, and I knew it was going to be tough. But I couldn’t really play my game, which was a little bit sad and made me a bit disappointed.”

Looking ahead

During the press conference, Captain Taylor joked that he was thrilled to not be in the German captain’s shoes heading into tomorrow. “If I was their coach, I probably wouldn’t sleep tonight,” he said.

The German captain, Barbara Rittner, looked saddened by today’s events, noting that “our chances for tomorrow have obviously shrunk.” She declined to comment on whether she will substitute Goerges or Kerber tomorrow with Andrea Petkovic, who was slotted to play doubles.

Whether Rittner gets any sleep tonight will probably remain a mystery, but we will learn about her decisions regarding play early tomorrow. As Goerges said following her loss: “Tomorrow’s a new day.”

Germany is regrouping with massages for the whole team, whilst the Australians are heading out for a nice steak dinner at the nearby Porsche museum.

Time will tell whether Germany can make tomorrow their day.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:56 AM   #2612
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Das hat sich auch dieser Poster gefragt:

Ist eben die Frage, was Rittner für einen Entscheidungsspielraum hatte.
Oder ob sie einfach nicht daran gedacht hat. Stach meinte ja, dass es gestern Verwirrung genau um diese Frage gab. Ich würde dazu gerne eine Stellungnahme von Ritner hören.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:02 AM   #2613
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Das hat sich auch dieser Poster gefragt:
Ist eben die Frage, was Rittner für einen Entscheidungsspielraum hatte.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Oder ob sie einfach nicht daran gedacht hat. Stach meinte ja, dass es gestern Verwirrung genau um diese Frage gab. Ich würde dazu gerne eine Stellungnahme von Ritner hören.
Ich hatte ja erst angenommen, dass das so ausgelost worden ist, weil Kerber ja eigentlich die Nummer 2 hinter Petkovic wäre. Aber beim Spiel Russland gegen Serbien gibt es die gleiche Konstellation, da Kirilenko als Nummer 1 kein Einzel gespielt hat, aber die Nummer 2 Pavlyuchenkova trotzdem am Sonntag auf die serbische Nummer 1 Ivanovic trifft.

Eigentlich ist mir nicht bekannt, dass man sich das aussuchen kann, ob jetzt 1 gegen 1 und 2 gegen 2 am Samstag oder 1 gegen 2 und 2 gegen 1 gespielt werden soll.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:22 AM   #2614
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute

und Andi dann noch für's Doppel aufzustellen, ein bisschen viel für den ersten Tag, was man ihr da zumutet

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:23 AM   #2615
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute

sieht so aus als würde es auf ein 0-5 hinauslaufen ( für Schwarzmaler)

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:35 AM   #2616
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

Mona Barthel is much more better than Petko atm. Why did Rittner chose Andrea
Geekking is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:44 AM   #2617
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Petkovic at least is a consistent player, and she has so much heart. mk27 was right in that sense, it is hard to replace her. Doesn't matter if she loses here, I've miseed to watch her so much.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM   #2618
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Petkovic hätte gegen Gajdosova spielen müssen, das kann man im Nachhinein jetzt ganz klar sagen.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:03 AM   #2619
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

die werden hier ohnen satzgewinn gegen australien abreisen. ich sehs kommen.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM   #2620
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Die einzige deutsche Spielerin, die noch nie gegen Stosur verloren hat, ist Görges.
Dieses Aufstellungschaos hat einzig und alleine Rittner zu verantworten!

Bei den Herren gibt es ja jetzt wohl den ganz großen Streit. Bei den Damen wird das auch nicht mehr lange dauern.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM   #2621
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

0-3

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM   #2622
country flag JackFrost

JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute JackFrost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
Mona Barthel is much more better than Petko atm. Why did Rittner chose Andrea
Because Mona is not official part of the team. She is only training with the fed cup team.
JackFrost is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM   #2623
country flag crazillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Die einzige deutsche Spielerin, die noch nie gegen Stosur verloren hat, ist Görges.
Dieses Aufstellungschaos hat einzig und alleine Rittner zu verantworten!
If Goerges was not fit, Petkovic has to play against Gajdosova. It was not wrong to put in Petkovic after Goerges' disastorous performance yesterday, but it was a mistake to put in Julia yesterday, and thus Petkovic had to face an uphill battle that she could not possibly win.

Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:21 AM   #2624
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Es war zu erwarten, dass eine Petkovic nach der langen Pause gegen Stosur chancenlos sein wird, da geht einfach noch nicht so viel, in Topform hätte sie Chancen, aber das ist natürlich beim ersten Match nicht möglich.
Gegen Gajdosova hätte sie eventuell Chancen gehabt, muss man sich aber natürlich fragen, ob nicht auch eine Barthel hier hätte spielen können, schlechter als Petkovic hätte sie sich sicherlich auch nicht verkauft.

Aber war natürlich auch pure Verzweiflung von Rittner hier Andrea gegen Stosur aufzustellen, da hatte sie einfach keine Alternativen mehr, nach dem Auftritt von Julia gestern.
Im Endeffekt war man bei der Aufstellung auf Görges angewiesen, die hätte hier in Topform spielen müssen und 2 Punkte einfahren, das war der Plan.
Eine Stosur war hier für Kerber auf Sand und für Petkovic nach ihrer Verletzung ohnehin nie zu schlagen.
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:22 AM   #2625
country flag mk27

Jedenfalls eine sehr schwache Vorstellung der Deutschen und ein schwerer Rückschlag für das gesamte deutsche Tennis.
Closed Thread