Fed Cup Thread : WGII: Deutschland - Frankreich in Limoges! 09.-10.Februar - Page 167 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #2491
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup Thread : Deutschland - Australien in Stuttgart! 21.-22.April

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Ich wäre mir auch nicht so sicher, ob Kerber wirklich gegen Gajdosova am Sonntag spielen wird, denn

1. ist das ihre Angstgegnerin (H2H mit Juniorenzeit 0:4)
2. muss man erstmal am Samstag sehen, wie Kerber mit dem Druck klar kommen wird. Denn sie hat bislang noch nie ein entscheidendes Fed Cup Einzel gewonnen. Hat aber auch seit 4 Jahren keines mehr gespielt.
Der Druck des Gewinnen-Müssens für Kerber dürfte trotzdem nicht ganz so stark sein in ihrem 1. Match, dafür steigt dann der Druck auf Görges, falls Kerber verlieren sollte. Das zweite Match gegen Stosur würde dann fast schon vorentscheidenden Charakter bekommen. Und da Petkovic wohl von Anfang an von Rittner nur als Ersatzspielerin eingeplant war, nachdem was man jetzt hört, und Rittner nur sicher gehen wollte, dass Görges fit ist, würde ein Einsatz von Petkovic in einem 4. Einzel keinen Sinn machen, eigentlich nur dann, falls Kerber gegen Stosur ganz schlecht aussieht.
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #2492
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Auf der Homepage von Bild.de:

Am Freitag in der Print-BILD: Das Mucki-Duell der Mädels
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #2493
country flag CillyUltra

Quote:

Auch die Presse macht jetzt Druck.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/sport/meh...-11724494.html
Wobei die Presse auch gerne übersieht, dass die Lücke, die Petkovics Ausfall gerissen hat, vor allem im Fed Cup ziemlich groß war.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:02 AM   #2494
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...t-germany.aspx

Quote:
Australia look to defy the odds against Germany

STUTTGART, GERMANY: The big question leading into this weekend’s match-up between Germany and Australia at Fed Cup by BNP Baripas is whether the so-called underdogs will run away with a place in the elite eight-nation World Group.

On paper, Germany is the stronger team in its face-off with Australia. Tennis tournaments are exciting, however, because they leave plenty of room for surprise masterstrokes. Fans assembling this weekend at the Porsche-Arena in Stuttgart will get to see three top 20 players take to the court for Germany, as well as Australia’s ace, World No. 5 Samantha Stosur.

Australia beat Switzerland in the World Group II first round in February, and Germany lost in its first round World Group match-up against the Czech Republic. So the Germans are now fighting to hold onto their standing, whilst Australia looks to return to the World Group level for the first time in two years.

The draw results have Germany’s Angelique Kerber (No. 14) and Australia’s Samantha Stosur (5) facing off at noon, followed by Julia Goerges (16) for the Germans and Jarmila Gajdosova (50) for the green and gold.

On Sunday, the lineup will see Goerges play Stosur at noon, followed by Kerber versus Gajdosova. Germany decided not to play their top seeded player, Andrea Petkovic (11), in the singles matches, opting instead to have her play doubles on Sunday. The doubles match will have her and Anna-Lena Groenefeld (340) for Germany playing Casey Dellacqua (106) and Stosur for Australia.

Captains are cautiously confident

Team captains David Taylor for Australia and Barbara Rittner for Germany had nothing but kind words for their opponents.

Taylor spoke of the fact that his team is contesting one of the strongest in the world. “[The Germans] have fantastic depth. There aren’t many teams … that could boast that many players in the top 20.”

Stosur is Taylor’s strongest player, and with her the Australians are in with a chance. “Thanks to the Fed Cup format, with the fact that only two players can play, I think we have a great chance. But I think we are the underdogs,” Taylor said.

He is pleased to see Stosur take to the court first. “I think we really need to be at least one-all at the end of the first day to have a chance to win.”

Australia hasn’t won the Fed Cup since 1974, so a win here in Stuttgart would be a step in the right direction, and it would be well received back home.

“We’re a massive tennis nation. And if we could be back into the top 8 nations of the world, it would be very exciting for our country,” he said.

Germany’s captain Rittner also focused on how tough a tie they have ahead of them. “I think the chances are 50-50,” she said. “Australia has a great team. Germany also has a great team, and in the end we will see who is better at the weekend. We expect a very, very close tie.”

Rittner hopes the home-court advantage will play to their favour. “We are really happy to be back [in Stuttgart] and hopefully the crowd will help us in the end.”

Rittner also discussed her decision not to play Petkovic in singles. “She’s 100 per cent fit, but I have two players … who have played some really great tennis in recent months. They really deserve to play, and they are in the match rhythm.”

Petkovic, for her part, seemed to understand. “I’ll be doing my best on the bench and cheering them on,” she said, noting that she’s looking forward to playing on Sunday.

‘Underdogs’ have a lethal weapon in Stosur

The 2011 US Open champ Samantha Stosur looked calm and confident during Friday’s draw. Of course, she has a great deal to feel confident about.

Known as a talented and versatile player, with killer forehands from anywhere on the court, Stosur is dangerous to any opponent. And she is particularly comfortable on Stuttgart’s clay courts.

“I hope to use my experience on clay to a bit of an advantage,” Stosur said. “I enjoy playing on this surface. I’ve had good experience playing on this court in the last couple of years.”

Stosur will first meet Germany’s Angelique Kerber on the court. Kerber was the only one to win a match for her team in the first Fed Cup round, and her confidence has been boosted by her win in Copenhagen.

Whilst confident, Stosur did acknowledge the toughness of the matches ahead, particularly against Kerber on Saturday. “She’s one of those players you don’t necessarily always play against, but she’s had a very good last eight months since the US Open. She’s gotten better and better. And I certainly have to expect a tough one.”

Kerber knows she’s facing a lot of pressure heading into tomorrow’s match. “I know I need to get my best tennis out there and play 100 per cent in order to beat her. I’m looking forward to it,” she said.

The full draw is as follows:

Saturday
R1: Angelique Kerber (GER) v Samantha Stosur (AUS)
R2: Julia Goerges (GER) v Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS)

Sunday
R3: Julia Goerges (GER) v Samantha Stosur (AUS)
R4: Angelique Kerber (GER) v Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS)
R5: Anna-Lena Groenefeld / Andrea Petkovic (GER) v Casey Dellacqua / Sam Stosur (AUS)

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:10 AM   #2495
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
Wobei die Presse auch gerne übersieht, dass die Lücke, die Petkovics Ausfall gerissen hat, vor allem im Fed Cup ziemlich groß war.
Das ist aber eigentlich egal. Aufschwung im deutschen Damentennis und ein Abstieg aus der Weltgruppe passen nicht zusammen. Das hätte dieses Mal doch einige Folgen, denn dann braucht man die nächsten Jahren auch nicht mehr vom Cup-Gewinn reden und wir können froh sein, wenn dann nächstes Jahr wenigstens bet365.com Bilder der deutschen Mannschaft aus WG2 zeigen würde.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM   #2496
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

man merkt, dass angie mit dem sand noch nicht klar kommt. es musste ja auch sand sein
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM   #2497
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
man merkt, dass angie mit dem sand noch nicht klar kommt. es musste ja auch sand sein
Ist halt typisch Dilettanten-Verband DTB. Der wählt ja auch Sand aus, als man zuletzt gegen Argentinien bei den Herren gespielt hat. Deswegen ist es auch gut, dass die Damen jetzt bald erstmal nur Auswärtsspiele haben werden. Da fällt dann das "Problem" der Belagswahl wenigstens weg.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:47 AM   #2498
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

mal ne frage, ist Lisicki auch in Stuttgart um das Team zu unterstützen?
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:48 AM   #2499
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur ist heute aber zu knacken mMn
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM   #2500
country flag mk27

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
mal ne frage, ist Lisicki auch in Stuttgart um das Team zu unterstützen?
Ja, die sitzt in der Spielerbox, Barthel übrigens auch.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:54 AM   #2501
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

Quote:
Ja, die sitzt in der Spielerbox, Barthel übrigens auch.
sehr schön
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 11:06 AM   #2502
country flag mk27

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
Stosur ist heute aber zu knacken mMn
Nützt aber nichts. Der 1.Satz ist weg und der Super-Gau Abstieg rückt näher.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 11:13 AM   #2503
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

im endeffekt is "nix passiert" wenn angie jetzt verliert. dieses spiel war für australien eingeplant. julia muss nachher gewinnen, egal wie, ansonsten wars das wohl. mit einem sieg im zweiten einzel stünde es 1-1 und das match von julia gegen stosur könnte der wegweiser werden... gegen gajdosova MÜSSEN 2 siege her, koste es was es wolle.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 11:17 AM   #2504
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
im endeffekt is "nix passiert" wenn angie jetzt verliert. dieses spiel war für australien eingeplant. julia muss nachher gewinnen, egal wie, ansonsten wars das wohl. mit einem sieg im zweiten einzel stünde es 1-1 und das match von julia gegen stosur könnte der wegweiser werden... gegen gajdosova MÜSSEN 2 siege her, koste es was es wolle.
stimmt
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 11:18 AM   #2505
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Im Gegensatz zu Stosur die so immer wieder zu leichten Punkten kommt, scheint Angie auf diesem Belag einfach keinen richtigen Druck aufbauen zu können.
Wird sehr schwer für Angie, weil sie viel mehr arbeiten muß für ihre Punkte, es sei denn Stosur bricht irgendwie ein.
joy division is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread