Fed Cup Thread : WGII: Deutschland - Frankreich in Limoges! 09.-10.Februar - Page 109 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #1621
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup Thread : Deutschland - USA in Stuttgart! 16.-17. April

Also McHale halte ich wirklich für ein Talent der Zukunft, sie hat den richtigen Kopf, das Service und die Beinarbeit stimmt, einzig die Power muss noch stärker werden. Aber ich mag sie gern spielen sehen! Petkovic wurde gefordert und hat geliefert.

Görges mit den üblichen Schwankungen, aber gegen eine zweitklassige Oudin hats dann doch gut gereicht!

War übrigens eine coole Atmosphäre in der Halle. Einzig die fehlende Möglichkeit, Autogramme zu kriegen, fand ich schade.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #1622
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea, Julia

Gute Leistung von beiden. Wenn`s bei Julia läuft (Satz 1), macht`s einfach Spaß ihr zuzuschauen. Spielt schönes Tennis. Ihre spektakulären Gewinnschläge sehen so leicht aus. Genau das, was ich am Tennis liebe. Starker Aufschlag heute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
Ich denke zwar schon das Petko das gewinnt, aber ich mach mir da echt sorgen um Görges
Die hatt ich mir auch gemacht, aber glücklicherweise spielt Andrea das 3. Einzel und macht somit das 3-0.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #1623
country flag Allez Justine

Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light Allez Justine is a glorious beacon of light

Allez Justine is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #1624
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...stuttgart.aspx

Quote:
Germans on top in Stuttgart

16 Apr 2011 By Erin Bruehl

STUTTGART, GERMANY: Andrea Petkovic and Julia Goerges both served well, played their best tennis at the decisive moments and fought off late charges from their opponents.

And the result was a commanding 2-0 lead for Germany over USA after the first day of play in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group play-off tie on red clay at the Porsche Arena in Stuttgart.

Petkovic, the world No. 19 started things off for Germany with a 63 64 victory over 18-year-old Christina McHale who was playing in just her second career Fed Cup match but kept up a high level of play to challenge the German throughout the first set.

Goerges, the world No. 34, then fought back from a second set challenge from Melanie Oudin to win 62 76(5).

The turning point came in the first match came in the first set at 3-all on Petkovic’s serve, when McHale was able to fight back from 40-15 and earn three break point chances, but the German remained calm and picked up her level of play to fight them all off and close out the game for a 4-3 lead.

Petkovic grabbed the momentum at that point, winning the next seven games to close out the first set and take a commanding 4-0 lead in the second.

The young American never gave up and rallied to win three straight games of her own in the second but Petkovic steadied herself and served out the match, closing it out with a volley winner.

“In this game, I was tough, I was calm, I just kept fighting and I played well in the decisive moments,” Petkovic said of the game at 3-all. “Then she lost her focus a little bit and in the second set I felt like I was playing solid. I think Mary Joe told her to play more aggressively in the end so she played a couple of really good games but it was ok, I stayed solid and consistent and managed to serve it out.”

In the second match, Oudin took an early 2-1 lead in the first set but Goerges won the next five games to close out the set before the American battled back in the second.

Throughout the match, Goerges served at a high level, including winning 78 per cent of her first serves and hitting seven aces.

“When someone serves like that, there is not much you can do and it puts a lot of pressure on your serve, because you know they are serving that well consistently,” Oudin said. “I knew she would confident going into the tiebreak because she had served that well the entire match, hitting every corner and I couldn’t read it.”

The second set tiebreak did remain close; Goerges took leads at 3-1 and 4-3 but Oudin rallied to take a 5-4 lead after two Goerges errors. However, the German rebounded with a crosscourt winner and Oudin then hit a return wide for Goerges’ first match point opportunity, which she converted when an Oudin shot landed past the baseline.

“I was hitting pretty good and deep and putting pressure on her. I served pretty well today,” Goerges said. “(The first set) it was definitely easier than the second one because she pulled everything up and was fighting until the end.”

USA now needs three victories on Sunday with Oudin and Petkovic playing the opening match followed by McHale v Goerges and then the doubles match between Liezel Huber and Vania King for USA and Sabine Lisicki and Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany.

The winner of the tie keeps its place in World Group for 2012 with the loser being relegated to World Group II next year.

USA captain Mary Joe Fernandez knows a team has come back from a 0-2 deficit once before, in the quarterfinals in February, when Russia rallied to defeat France. She is hoping her team can make it time No. 2 this year. It has happened just four times since the World Group format was adopted in 1995.

“The message for tomorrow is try to be better than they were today, keep trying to work on doing the right things on the court and controlling what you can,” Fernandez said. “Russia was able to do it against France, so coming back from 0-2 has been done before. Melanie will start us off and try to get us on the board.”

And while holding such a large advantage, German captain Barbara Rittner knows her team cannot let up and hopes to close it out in one of the two singles matches with the USA having such a strong doubles team in Huber and King, the world No. 3 and No. 6 in doubles, respectively.

“Of course I am very happy, we are 2-0 up,” Rittner said. “We had two pretty close matches and I think both Christina and Melanie did well, they gave us a good challenge. (But) while we are up 2-0, we still need that third point.”

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #1625
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Hier die möglichen Paarungen für Deutschland in der ersten Runde der Welt Gruppe 2012 (letzte Begegnung):

Heim:
Tschechien (2010 in Brünn)

Auswärts:
Russland (2002 in Dresden)

Los:
Belgien (2001 in Madrid)
Italien (2000 Round Robin in Bari)

Last edited by Tennis Observer : Apr 17th, 2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Danke mk27!
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #1626
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Mein Abschlussfazit:

Souveräner Sieg der Deutschen gegen die USA, der eigentlich nie richtig gefährdet war. Die USA konnten den Ausfall von Mattek-Sands nicht kompensieren. Mit Mattek-Sands und McHale in den Einzeln wäre das wohl erheblich enger geworden, aber Oudin auf Sand ist mehr oder weniger ein Freilos für jede ordentlich spielende Top 100-Spielerin.

Jetzt also mal wieder Weltgruppe 1. Ich gebe es ganz ehrlich zu, aber ich bin kein Freund dieser 8er-Gruppen beim Fed Cup. Aufstieg, Absteig, Aufstieg, Absteig.... Mir wäre es lieber, man hätte eine 16er Gruppe wie beim Davis Cup und eben nicht 2 Weltgruppen, wo man dann recht schnell von Zweitklassigkeit in den deutschen Medien redet, wenn man in der Weltgruppe 2 spielt.

Zu Italien als Gegner:
Es gab 2000 ein Spiel gegen Italien, aber da war der Modus etwas anders, da dort alle Spiele der Vorrunde in Italien stattfanden. Ich befürchte die ITF zählt das nicht als Heimspiel Italiens, obwohl Deutschland dort gegen Italien gespielt hat.

Last edited by mk27 : Apr 17th, 2011 at 11:55 PM.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #1627
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

@ mk27: Stimme Dir zu & habe den Beitrag geändert: Die Begegnung hat zwar nach 1995 stattgefunden aber da niemand den Platz wählen konnte, daher wird es gegen Italien wohl auf einen Losentscheid hinauslaufen!
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #1628
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Observer View Post
@ mk27: Stimme Dir zu & habe den Beitrag geändert: Die Begegnung hat zwar nach 1995 stattgefunden aber da niemand den Platz wählen konnte, daher wird es gegen Italien wohl auf einen Losentscheid hinauslaufen!
Also den Platz durfte Italien damals schon wählen, die waren ja der Gastgeber dieses Vorrundengruppe.

Es gab damals 13 Mannschaften in der Weltgruppe, die in jeweils 3 Gruppen a 4 Mannschaften spielten. Die Gruppenersten + der Titelverteidiger spielten dann nochmal ein Turnier im Land des Titelverteidigers mit Halbfinale und Finale aus.

Siehe auch hier:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Fed_Cup_World_Group

Italien war Gastgeberland und in der Gruppe spielte auch Deutschland. Eigentlich ein klares Auswärtsspiel für Deutschland, auch wenn man dort damals nur 2 Einzel und 1 Doppel gespielt hat. Ich befürchte nur, dass das die ITF anders sehen könnte, denn 2001 spielte Deutschland beim Endrundenturnier in Madrid mit, damals auch gegen Spanien. Trotzdem fand 2002 das nächste Spiel gegen Spanien wieder in Spanien statt, weil das Spiel 2001 nicht als Heimspiel für Spanien zählte, 2000 das Spiel gegen Spanien auf neutralem Boden stattfand und 1998 das Spiel davor in Deutschland.

Ich halte das für eine sehr unglückliche Regelung, da es de facto ja jeweils ein Heimspiel war.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #1629
country flag mk27

Am Ende also ein klares 5:0. Schön zu sehen, dass man sogar das Doppel gewonnen hat. Nächstes Jahr in Weltgruppe 1 wird es dann allerdings erheblich schwerer, wobei jetzt Belgien z.B. auch keine Übermannschaft ist, da Clijsters wohl kaum noch spielen wird. Petkovic schafft eine Serie mit inzwischen 6 gewonnenen Einzeln hintereinander, etwas was zuletzt Anke Huber zwischen 1992 und 1994 mit 9 Einzel-Siegen in Folge schaffte.

Insgesamt war es auch ein wichtiger Erfolg, da ja erstmals wieder die ARD Tennis live übertragen hat, wenn auch "nur" auf EinsPlus. Bei einer Niederlage wäre das natürlich ziemlich kontraproduktiv gewesen. So hat man für sehr positive Schlagzeilen gesorgt, die letztlich der gesamten Sportart zu gute kommen.

Mal sehen, ob das Team jetzt auch in der Form bestehen bleibt und wer bis zum nächsten Spiel vielleicht noch überraschen wird. Das nächste Spiel ist ja erst im Februar 2012.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #1630
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

5-0 ist natürlich ein sehr starkes Ergebnis, sehr überraschend dass auch das Doppel gewonnen wurde, aber sieht man eben auch , dass eine ALG momentan schon noch wichtig für das Team ist, da Petkovic und Lisicki so gut wie nie Doppel spielen und es schon vorteilhaft ist, wenn man zumindest eine Doppelspezialistin im Team hat und mit Görges spielt sie ja sowieso ein recht gutes Doppel! Aber dieses Team ist ohnehin sehr stark, Petkovic,Lisicki, Görges, dazu noch eine Kerber, die dieses Mal garnicht nominiert wurde, da hat man schon Potential!

Petkovic heute natürlich ohne Probleme, Oudin auf Sand ist extream schwach...Lisicki hat heute gut gespielt, natürlich war der Druck weg, aber man sieht, dass sie wirklich Fortschritte gemacht hat, da waren gute Punkte dabei und sie bewegt sich auch wieder besser, Schwachpunkt natürlich immernoch die Quote beim ersten Aufschlag, die ist teilweise einfach katastrophal und wie sie spielt, wenn sie sich zu viel Druck macht, das hat man zuletzt am Ergebnis gegen Mirza gesehen, aber ich denke einfach mal, dass wirklich alle 4 Mädels mental gestärkt aus diesem WE hervorgehen
Michael! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #1631
country flag rucolo

GER d. USA 5-0

Perfektes Wochenende. Starke Matches von Andrea, Sabine, Julia und Anna-Lena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Am Ende also ein klares 5:0. Schön zu sehen, dass man sogar das Doppel gewonnen hat.
Ja, hat mich überrascht. Görges/Grönefeld haben toll gespielt. Grönefeld/Lisicki gegen China waren auch sehr gut.

Quote:
Insgesamt war es auch ein wichtiger Erfolg, da ja erstmals wieder die ARD Tennis live übertragen hat, wenn auch "nur" auf EinsPlus. Bei einer Niederlage wäre das natürlich ziemlich kontraproduktiv gewesen. So hat man für sehr positive Schlagzeilen gesorgt, die letztlich der gesamten Sportart zu gute kommen.
Stimmt, war es. Und ein beeindruckender noch dazu. Finde die 4 sind ein super Team.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #1632
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Starkes Wochenende von allen, überraschend schwach fand ich übrigens Huber.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #1633
country flag rucolo

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...up-status.aspx

Quote:
Germany regains World Group status

17 Apr 2011 By Erin Bruehl

STUTTGART, GERMANY: For Andrea Petkovic, it was her first tie-clinching victory in a Fed Cup match and this was a great time for it, as the win secured Germany a place in the prestigious World Group for 2012.

Petkovic, the world No. 19, defeated USA’s Melanie Oudin 62 63 in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group play-off tie at the Porsche Arena, giving Germany an insurmountable 3-0 lead over the Americans and a spot in next year’s World Group.

In dead rubbers, Sabine Lisicki, a substitute for Goerges, defeated Christina McHale 63 64 and Goerges and Anna-Lena Groenefeld teamed up to beat Liezel Huber and Vania King 36 63 61, making the final score 5-0 in favour of Germany.

Petkovic was thrilled to be the one to win the tie and put Germany back where she feels it belongs. Petkovic and Goerges, the world No. 34, are two of Germany’s talented young players who have been steadily climbing the world rankings.

“I never won a clinching match and it means a lot to me,” Petkovic, 23, said. “Especially with all that has happened in the last weeks, I think the expectations were rising after the good results I had the last couple of months.

“I was really happy and relieved because I really feel Germany belongs in the World Group and I was so happy to be the one who made the final point.”

With the loss, USA moves down to World Group II in 2012, marking the first time since that the most successful nation in Fed Cup history has played outside the top tier.

Petkovic and Goerges had defeated McHale and Oudin, respectively, on Saturday to give Germany a commanding 2-0 lead heading into the final day of play.

In the third singles match, both Petkovic and Oudin came out aggressively but it was Petkovic who struck first. At 2-2, Oudin was up 40-15 on her serve but four consecutive errors gave the game and lead to Petkovic. She struck again two games later to go 5-2 ahead when Oudin double faulted.

From there, Petkovic really began dictating the points and taking control of the match, including winning nine straight games from the first set through a 4-0 lead in the second.

Like her teammate McHale the day before, Oudin fought back from the 4-0 deficit to pull to 4-3, but Petkovic remained focused and held to lead 5-3 before breaking Oudin in the next game with a return winner for the victory.

“I think I was playing really well, I was playing clever,” Petkovic said. “At 4-3, I came to the bench and (captain) Barbara (Rittner) said ‘Relax, you are still serving at 4-3, everything is fine.’ And I just relaxed and I went for it then on the big points like yesterday.”

Oudin credited Petkovic for her great play and acknowledged she was just the better player on the day. And she tried not to think about what a loss would mean for the Americans.

“I definitely started off well and after I lost my serve at 2-2, it was like she took her game to another level and she got really confident and she started going for bigger serves,” she said.

“Today she got more confident and she could go for even more and more, and then stepped in and controlled the points. She was playing well and she has been playing well, so she has a lot of confidence and it is really hard to beat people like that.

“I try not think about it but I knew if I lost this match then our team loses and we go down to World Group II. So that was a little bit of weight on my shoulders knowing that,” she added.

For American Fed Cup captain Mary Joe Fernandez, her young team played well and hard in each match, but came up a little short and she credited the German side for being the better and stronger team over the two days.

“They played extremely well and with a lot of confidence,” she said of the German team. “We are obviously disappointed; we go into every tie with high expectations even when we are the underdogs. There were not that many opportunities for us looking back. It was a tough battle.”

“We are going to continue to work hard, get stronger and better and just keep building,” she added. “This team has improved every single year and they are going to continue to improve.”

The German team now looks ahead to try and win the Fed Cup title next year and captain Barbara Rittner only sees good things for her team in the future, especially if everyone stays fit.

“I am very, very proud and of course pleased with the results,” she said. “Of course we had a great weekend; I saw four really great singles and an unbelievable doubles match in the end. Hopefully all our players stay healthy and then I am really looking forward to the next season.”

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old May 18th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #1634
country flag rucolo

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...-business.aspx

Quote:
Young German team means business

18 Apr 2011 By Erin Bruehl

STUTTGART, GERMANY: Behind the strength of its rising stars, Andrea Petkovic and Julia Goerges, the German team secured a spot in the World Group for 2012, while USA was left making the kind of history it did not want.

Germany confirmed its status among the competition’s elite with a 5-0 victory at the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group play-off tie in Stuttgart, but the result left USA facing relegation for the first time in the nation’s history.

Petkovic was the weekend hero for Germany, winning both of her singles matches, including the tie-clinching victory on Sunday over Melanie Oudin 62 63. She played consistently well and aggressive both days to improve her overall Fed Cup record to 7-3.

“It means so much to me. I never won a clinching match so far in Fed Cup,” Petkovic said. “I was really happy and relieved because I really feel Germany belongs in the World Group and I was so happy to be the one who made the final point.”

Both Petkovic and Oudin came out aggressive in the first of Sunday’s reverse singles rubbers, but it was the German who took control of the match, breaking Oudin twice in the opening set and dictating the points.

Petkovic won nine straight games to set up a match-winning lead before Oudin climbed back to within 4-3 in the second set, just as her teammate Christina McHale had done the day before. But that was as close as the American would get, as Petkovic closed out the tie with a break of serve from a return winner.

In the opening match on Saturday, Petkovic held off 18-year-old McHale, the world No. 82, who kept up with her opponent’s high level of play for most of the match, but Petkovic was able to remain calm and raise her game at the important moments for a 63 64 win.

“It was strange, the game of Melanie is totally different from Christina’s but how the match went was quite similar,” Petkovic said. “I was on the run for seven, eight or nine games, I was playing well, I felt the ball well (against Oudin). But with Melanie, sometimes it is quite dangerous when you feel the ball too well because you have to mix it up with her.”

Sandwiched between Petkovic’s triumphs, world No. 34 Goerges secured a commanding 2-0 lead for Germany at the end of day one, after holding off a second set comeback from Oudin to win 62 76(5).

Sabine Lisicki won the fourth singles rubber over McHale 63 64 and Goerges teamed up with Anna-Lena Groenefeld to complete the shut-out for Germany with a 36 63 61 win over Liezel Huber and Vania King, who are both ranked in the world's top 10 doubles players.

Germany now has the opportunity to compete for the Fed Cup title in 2012, which excites captain Barbara Rittner. “Hopefully all the players stay healthy and then I am really looking forward to the next season,” she said.

USA will have to triumph in the World Group II first round next February and then win a further World Group play-off tie to regain its place in Fed Cup’s top level of competition.

“We want to win every time we play. It doesn’t matter if it is World Group I, II or III,” American captain Mary Joe Fernandez said of the team’s approach for next year.

“We go out there, we win together, we lose together, but we give it our all. Hopefully we will get a home tie, which will be nice. It is back to trying our best and hopefully getting back into the World Group.”

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old May 18th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #1635
country flag rucolo

Andrea Petkovic is nominated for the Heart Award!

Please everyone vote here:

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...ote-opens.aspx

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Closed Thread