Let us face it: the real problem with Clijsters. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 02:39 PM   #1
gopher

gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice gopher is just really nice
Let us face it: the real problem with Clijsters.

Motivation that is what is lacking. When you are number 5 in the world and you set yourself a target of being in the top 10 at the end of the year, that is dramatic.
Arm or no arm, she looks overweight and bored. Before the match, I was 95% sure she would not get past Likhovtseva.

Maes clearly knew it was the right time to quit.

Things have maybe been too easy for her so far.
gopher is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 03:23 PM   #2
gokimmie

gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about gokimmie has a spectacular aura about
omg you have such tennis knowledge,you should apply as her coach!!!!!!I'm sure Lei would make you a great offer!
gokimmie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 03:27 PM   #3
country flag KaseyL

KaseyL has disabled reputation
Spot on Eva!

Kim, Queen of the US Open '05!

"Ships in harbor are safe, but that's not what ships are built for." (J. Shedd)
KaseyL is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 03:40 PM   #4
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute
Lacking motivation, bored, overweight I think you need to open your eyes more. This isn't a bashing thread by the way
Cilla is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 03:42 PM   #5
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
gopher..I think you are belgian..but you really should start following tennis a bit better. Kim lacking motivation..lmao..I can't think of a better explanation

advice: try to watch some more tennis
per4ever is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:34 PM   #6
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Gosh, Gopher aren't you a true mister optimiste!!

Why do you go in every thread to bash your "faves"? After RG, you were the only one who started "how the belgian were crap at RG" threads!! What kind of fan are you? 1 slump and you start bashing Kim! She's fat, bored with herself and her game etc. How would you know!?! Do you put her on the scales every morning? She doesn't look overweight to the other ppl does she?

Find some other fave to bash will you?
Brαm is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:36 PM   #7
country flag KaseyL

Okay, here's what I wrote in the other thread in the CC'Lounge.

Special recommendation for certain people posting here in all the CCL threads!

Kim is still fighting off an injury, her health problems aren't solved yet, so this isn't really a total surprise. She fought well during the match, I have seen some fists and all, so she was really trying but couldn't conclude when it mattered.

I think it's time for her to reconsider her medical options, even taking a time out to heal, if that would be the best for her, and sort out all that needs to be sorted out, whatever that might be.

Whatever she decides the coming weeks, all Kim fans will support her and won't start silly talking about her being overrated, overweight, and what else of nonsense sometimes can be read on the boards.

Kim, take care of yourself!!! Wish you all the best!

and three for a total recovery!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:42 PM   #8
country flag angele87

angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future angele87 has a brilliant future
gopher I'm fairly certain I speak for all *real* Kim fans when I say just please leave! This is not a forum to bash Kim!!

There is no saint without a past, and no sinner without a future. - Shri Haidakhan Babaji

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it. - Doug Larson

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
angele87 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:46 PM   #9
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
KaseyL...I do have to admit that I don't agree with you. Watching her play, I think she doesn't have any physical problems.

I think it's something mental, may be things aren't going well with Lleyton, may be there are other problems, who knows... but to me it looks like she's not very happy...
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:02 PM   #10
country flag KaseyL

Per, Kim says herself that she is still troubled by her injury.

But I do agree with you that there might be other causes too, that's why I also wrote "sort out all that needs to be sorted out, whatever that might be."

And you're right that she doesn't look that happy at all.

We don't know the nature of these possible other causes of course, but I hope and trust she can overcome whatever is bothering her.

She deserves it!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:54 PM   #11
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

KaseyL...I know what she said. But honestly, I think it's not bad at all. Of course she can talk about the injury, but she would never mention her mental problems. I think the injury might bother her a lil..but I bet it's something else that's causing this.
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:59 PM   #12
saar

saar is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

I really don't think you can say Kim is bored or overweight..
as she says herself the biggest problem is that she lacks match rithm...because of the problems with her shoulder.
gopher, if you're such a pessimist... you should read what Kim says instead of making things up...
saar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:46 PM   #13
country flag arn

arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute
I agreed it's rather stupid to bash Kim. To me you (gopher) are the sort of fan that' s happy when everything goes right (WE have won), but starts bashing when things go the other way (THEY lost).

IMO, She's NOT overweight but you can't play tennis as a top-10-er when you only practise 1.5 hours a day! certainly when you are used to hitting close to the lines! Give her a break, this is one tough year, it's not the end of her career!
arn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:19 PM   #14
country flag Mazza
Team WTAworld

Mazza has disabled reputation
I agree with what everyone has said, and I have to say I agree with joy that she does look thinner but as for her mental problems, prahaps the fact that she can't go out and pratice for as long as she'd like and having to do more gym work to build up the muscles around her arm must get her down a bit as she would not of wanted it to be this way and would rather spend more time doing work on the court and therefore it may be making her feel down and also with the injury, prahaps it is having an effect on her confidance. But Kim will pull through it and once she has ajusted Im sure her confidence will grow again I doubt she is having problems off the court with Lleyton as if she was, I don't think she would of talked about Lleyton openly like she did the other day.

But all the best to Kim Get yourself well and most importantly, Happy

G o o d l u c k t o C l i j s t e r s , S h a r a p o v a , R u s e d s k i a n d M u r r a y ! !

Mazza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:20 PM   #15
country flag KaseyL

second that Arn! Think she will struggle (through pain and/or lack of practise and match rhythm) as long as her health isn't 100% as it used to be.

And welcome Saar and Joy!

Closed Thread