Why Wozniacki not enter Miami? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM   #1
country flag mila_mail

mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all
Why Wozniacki not enter Miami?

discuss
mila_mail is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #2
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Wozniacki not enter Miami?

She did not enter because she needed a Wildcard, but did not get one.....

Not much to discuss, she's with SFX Agents and IMG gave IMG players wildcards.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #3
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
She did not enter because she needed a Wildcard, but did not get one.....

Not much to discuss, she's with SFX Agents and IMG gave IMG players wildcards.
quite idiotic if you ask me. Miami is a mandatory even, so someone other than IMG should decide who gets WC's. Caroline is certainly much more deserving wc than most of the ladies who got it. (especially for qualifying)... Julia Cohen comes to mind .................
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #4
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn_ace View Post
quite idiotic if you ask me. Miami is a mandatory even, so someone other than IMG should decide who gets WC's. Caroline is certainly much more deserving wc than most of the ladies who got it. (especially for qualifying)... Julia Cohen comes to mind .................
WC's are never based on who is most deserving its about who will bring the most people in the stands. Why in the world would IMG give a wc to someone that is not one of their players. They are paying a lot of money to have miami you best bet that they will be giving their players the wc's. Caro would have made more sense then Julia, but honestly do you think a causual fan is going to care about Caro, they will just look and see Julia is from the USA and thats enought to go see her match.
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:22 PM   #5
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, next year Caro will be in MD already.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #6
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
WC's are never based on who is most deserving its about who will bring the most people in the stands. Why in the world would IMG give a wc to someone that is not one of their players. They are paying a lot of money to have miami you best bet that they will be giving their players the wc's. Caro would have made more sense then Julia, but honestly do you think a causual fan is going to care about Caro, they will just look and see Julia is from the USA and thats enought to go see her match.
As I said, when the event is NOT mandatory, they can ask a grandma of the tournament director who to award a wc, but with making it mandatory, it really has to be based on achievements/abilities.

PS. Wondering how many thousands of fans watched Julia being double bageled. Fun for them and fun for her!
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #7
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
PS. Wondering how many thousands of fans watched Julia being double bageled. Fun for them and fun for her!
I guess TBE was most amused of them all.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #8
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As I said, when the event is NOT mandatory, they can ask a grandma of the tournament director who to award a wc, but with making it mandatory, it really has to be based on achievements/abilities.

Well its only mandatory for those who get in with their own ranking. Its not like Caro is stuck with a 0 now for not playing. Trust me I agree that Julia was a waste of a WC, but it doesn't make sense for IMG to give a WC to someone without getting something back in return, like how Alekz wozniak got the main draw WC.
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #9
country flag tenn_ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CANUCK~ View Post
Well its only mandatory for those who get in with their own ranking. Its not like Caro is stuck with a 0 now for not playing. Trust me I agree that Julia was a waste of a WC, but it doesn't make sense for IMG to give a WC to someone without getting something back in return, like how Alekz wozniak got the main draw WC.

well, the current return is 0 from both of them, but Caroline has a long term potential and Julia has even a bigger andd fatter 0 thna her current one. She'll go to college - mark my words.