Last foreign language movie you saw, and your rating of it! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #91
country flag BlkCampbell

BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light BlkCampbell is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Last foreign language movie you saw, and your rating of it!

Shadow Magic - - A+
BlkCampbell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #92
country flag Brooklyn90

Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute Brooklyn90 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know the name of the movie (I believe it was in German) It was about Hitlers last days in the bunker. It was a few years back.
Old May 5th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #93
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffry View Post
It is, but I'm still convinced that there was a mistake made with the whole first part coming after the other two. There's a scene in which you see the English woman looking at some pictures she took of the boy mourning over the dead girl, but that's impossible, seeing the girl has yet to die when she looks at the pictures.

Am I making any sense? Anyway, besides that, it's a great film.
It's been years since I saw it, but I think the time swap didn't occur between part one and two but in the middle of part two. The pictures are the evidence of that.
Old May 6th, 2007, 12:09 AM   #94
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others).

I loved it. I found it a chillingly taut and yet dramatically engaging film that actually made me believe in the redemptive power of art and human relationships instead of rolling my cynical eyes. The ending was one of the most poignant I've seen in recent films.
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 12:30 AM   #95
country flag JuchuKai

JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future JuchuKai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomexican View Post
Does anyone know the name of the movie (I believe it was in German) It was about Hitlers last days in the bunker. It was a few years back.
Der Untergang (The Downfall)
JuchuKai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:55 AM   #96
country flag ozstyl

ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all ozstyl is a name known to all

Pan's Labyrinth
I was confused..

It was a good movie - 4/5

Tennis is just a game, family is forever

"She Is Making The Transition From A Champion To A Legend" - Bruce McAvaney On Serena Williams.
www.myspace.com/eegeizus
ozstyl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #97
country flag hwanmig

hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of

La Seconda Moglie 8/10.

Ана
Света

Елена

hwanmig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:58 PM   #98
country flag vertigo

vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future vertigo has a brilliant future

PERFECTION.
vertigo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #99
country flag Frode
HEADBANGER

Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute

Tacones lejanos.

Far from Pedro Almodóvar best film, but OK

5/10
Frode is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #100
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samn View Post
Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others).

I loved it. I found it a chillingly taut and yet dramatically engaging film that actually made me believe in the redemptive power of art and human relationships instead of rolling my cynical eyes. The ending was one of the most poignant I've seen in recent films.
you summed it up well. it moved me a lot. great film!!!
treufreund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #101
country flag Mrs. Peel

Mrs. Peel has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhaars View Post
Tacones lejanos.

Far from Pedro Almodóvar best film, but OK

5/10

But an amazing soundtrack from Ryuichi Sakamoto Luz Casal
Mrs. Peel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #102
country flag Geoffry

Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute Geoffry has a reputation beyond repute

Eleni (Greece)

A typical Angeloupolos film: a lot of water + a lot of tragic = a lot of crying...

---

Cronica de una fuga (Argentina)

Not really my kind of film, but it got me interested in what happened in Argentina during the seventies.

But I'm glad we broke the rules
My cave is deep now
Yet your light is shining through
I cover my eyes
Still all I see is you
Geoffry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #103
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Das Leben der Anderen - ***** (slow at the beginning but a perfect, powerful ending that will bring out the tears. A worthy Oscar winner).
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #104
country flag Thanx4nothin

Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute Thanx4nothin has a reputation beyond repute

EL Laberinto del fauno....10/10 just fabulous!
Thanx4nothin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:41 PM   #105
country flag JackWalker

JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future JackWalker has a brilliant future

i saw reincarnation yesterday. it's a japanese horror movie, sort of like the ring and the grudge. the movie was alright. i do think the arrangement of the movie made it hard to follow what's going on. only at the end does one really get what the whole movie was about.