Serial - Podcast. Anyone Listening? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #1
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Serial - Podcast. Anyone Listening?

People, please tell me that some of you are listening to this. I need to talk about it.

If you haven't, please do. Briefly: reporter Sarah Koenig is approached by a friend of a convicted murderer, to meet and look at his case - because all of his friends and family think he's innocent, and he maintains this as well. She starts digging, and becomes obsessed. The podcast is a weekly narrative of her sifting through the case's material, interviewing people about this crime that occurred 15 years ago, and bringing the audience with her.

It's the best journalism I've seen/heard in a long time, and it's absolutely compelling.

Go. Read. I'll see you in 6-ish hours.

http://serialpodcast.org/
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #2
Lucemferre

Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serial - Podcast. Anyone Listening?

Hey Ryan. Talk about it. I need to hear something. Fascinating stuff.
Lucemferre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2014, 02:08 AM   #3
country flag Sally Struthers

Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute

I listened to the whole thing up to the latest one today and am fascinated!

I think Jay is involved in the killing more than just helping to bury Hae. Maybe he did it alone and framed Adnan or they did it together. The guy did try stabbing someone just because they hadn't been stabbed before. Maybe he tried choking Hae to see what it was like.
Old Nov 18th, 2014, 02:41 AM   #4
country flag shap_half

shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute shap_half has a reputation beyond repute

This shit is the best. The absolute best.
shap_half is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #5
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Struthers View Post
I listened to the whole thing up to the latest one today and am fascinated!

I think Jay is involved in the killing more than just helping to bury Hae. Maybe he did it alone and framed Adnan or they did it together. The guy did try stabbing someone just because they hadn't been stabbed before. Maybe he tried choking Hae to see what it was like.

Jay is really interesting to me - I totally go back and forth between thinking he framed Adnan, and thinking he honestly just helped him bury Hae. I don't think Adnan is 100% innocent though, I just can't imagine this was completely fabricated against him. You'd think if it was 50/50 him and Jay though, he might admit it and try to get Jay put in there with him?
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2014, 01:53 AM   #6
country flag Sally Struthers

Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Jay beat him to making a deal first. It's the classic prisoner's dilemma game.

Things just look really bad for both of them since Jay pointed the police to the car. That at least implicates Jay in something shady right?

The other thing is the anonymous phone call that pointed the finger at Adnan in the first place. Who did that?

I also wonder if the police timeline is completely accurate. I know they were stoners, but you'd have to be a complete idiot to kill someone by strangulation in a Best Buy parking lot or at the library parking lot in the middle of the afternoon. By all accounts, Adnan was pretty bright. Would he really be so stupid and do it where everyone could see?

I think Stephanie knows something she's not telling anyone.

Why isn't Don being investigated more? I know he supposedly has a rock solid alibi, but still... maybe that's coming.

Also, the streaker seems fishy to me.

Then there's the possibility that it's a third party... but still Jay knew where the car was.