**Jasmina Tinjic Chearing Thread** - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 7th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #301
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: **Jasmina Tinjic Chearing Thread**

i'm guessing she tanked to play dubai qualies
Advertisement

Old Dec 8th, 2010, 06:52 AM   #302
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

^^ It's possible, but I don't see why she would do it so early in the week - not like she has to travel very far Oh well, as long as she does well in those qualies and (hopefully) the main draw, I'm perfectly fine with this loss
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #303
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

And in the quali draw of a 75k she plays...Korina Perkovic (yes, the same one she lost to this week). Of course, anything except a revenge would be a disappointment. Good luck Jasmina!

3)Yuliana Fedak (UKR) v Tetyana Arefyeva (UKR)
Jasmina Tinjic (CRO) v Korina Perkovic (GER)

Emily Webley-Smith (GBR) v (wc)Jara Ghadri (GER)
(5)Emma Laine (FIN) v (wc)Vladimira Uhlirova (CZE)
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #304
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
^ Bad loss--I wonder what happened. Perkovic is ranked in the 600s and her CH ranking--which she reached more than three and a half years ago--is only just slightly higher than Jasmina's. Also this is only Perkovic's third tournament since the end of August and at her most recent one she lost to Vinogradova, who's not even in the top 700...
Jasmina is in the Dubai $75K qualies draw and in R1 she plays...Korina Perkovic. Ugh, what were the chances of that happening?
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #305
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

It happened again: Perkovic def. Jasmina 75 76(6)
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 06:49 AM   #306
country flag ma re

Oh Lord Not a nice way to end the year
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #307
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

slump mode again
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 09:09 AM   #308
country flag ma re

Jasmina's first event in 2011 should be...a 10k in Glasgow starting January 10th Can't say I understand this, but OK, as long as she's healthy and playing. Looks like she wants to stay in Europe this winter and (I'm guessing) maybe try to qualify for Paris in February - let's hope that's the case.
Old Dec 31st, 2010, 08:14 AM   #309
country flag ma re

25k in France on the 17th, currently on the alt list, but she'll make it. Still on the Glasgow list as well.
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #310
country flag networthy

Jasmina is playing at this week's $10K in Glasgow and is the #3 seed. Unless she farts out, she should be able to make it to the SF without much trouble.

In R1 she plays Jessica Ginier (#810). If she wins, in R2 she will play the winner of Samantha Murray, an unranked WC, and Veronika Domagal (#919). The other seed in her quarter is Ulrikke Eikeri (#661, #8 seed).

Good luck this week, Jasmina! Let's hope she prepared well during the off-season!
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #311
country flag networthy

Quote:
In R1 she plays Jessica Ginier (#810).
Jasmina Tinjic (CRO) def. Jessica Ginier (FRA) 6-1 6-2

Quote:
If she wins, in R2 she will play the winner of Samantha Murray, an unranked WC, and Veronika Domagal (#919).
It'll be Murray. Excellent chance for Jasmina to pick up a few more points.
Old Jan 13th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #312
country flag ma re

Quote:
Excellent chance for Jasmina to pick up a few more points.
Yes, since she made points in just 15 events last year, and since in 5 of those she made just one point, even winning a match on a 10k increases her overall points. But honestly, I hope she's just using this to check out the state of her form, cause she really is too good for 10k's.
Old Jan 13th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #313
country flag networthy

Glasgow R2: Jasmina TINJIC (CRO) (3) defeated Samantha MURRAY (GBR) 7-5 6-0

In the QF she'll play the #8 seed, Ulrikke Eikeri (#661; CH #635). Again, a good chance for Jasmina to pick up a couple more points. Regardless, today's win will move Jasmina up to a new career-high ranking of ~350-355.

Jasmina has made a big move up in the rankings just in the second half of last year, from the 700s in July to the 300s now. It'll be interesting to see how far she can rise. Hopefully she won't flame out like Tereza Mrdeza. Or Ani Mijacika. Or Ana Savic. Or...
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 06:51 AM   #314
country flag ma re

Quote:
Hopefully she won't flame out like Tereza Mrdeza. Or Ani Mijacika. Or Ana Savic. Or...
Yeah, let's hope so. Come to think of it, that's actually not so funny...
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #315
country flag networthy

Glasgow QF: Jasmina TINJIC (CRO) (3) defeated Ulrikke EIKERI (NOR) (8) 6-3 6-3

Now comes her first real test, against the #2 seed, Lisa WHYBOURN (#308; CH #284), in the SF.

Also, she and MIRCIC are in the doubles final (#1 seeds) and will play EIKERI/SHINIKOVA (unseeded) for the title.

Good luck, Jasmina!