**Jasmina Tinjic Chearing Thread** - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #286
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: **Jasmina Tinjic Chearing Thread**

Voracova won 63 75. It's impressive on Jasmina's part to keep the score this close against a nearly top-80 player. All in all, a very good week for Jasmina.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 25th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #287
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Our beloved $100K whore is scheduled to play in a $10K(?!) in Dubai the week after next. She's eighth on the entry list, so she'll definitely be seeded.
Old Nov 25th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #288
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

she kept it close
a 10k
Old Nov 25th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #289
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Our beloved $100K whore is scheduled to play in a $10K(?!) in Dubai the week after next. She's eighth on the entry list, so she'll definitely be seeded.

Now seriously, great to see her doing so well against such a good opponent, I'm really happy about her week in Prerov, but from what I know her job here isn't over yet - she's scheduled to play, teamed up with Evtimova, R1 of doubles against...drumrolls...Mijacika/Zec-Peskiric! GL in that one too

When it comes to that 10k news, that might actually be a good news cause I think it has to do with her playing Dubai 75k the week after that. She might play qualies there or even get a MD WC (which I think she deserves), so this 10k could be used as a warm-up. Let's hope that's the case

P. S. My "Dubai theory" is based on the fact that lower-ranked players often enter small events that are held the week before larger ones in the same city, with the hope of getting a WC. I remember Lucic doing that too, I think in Rome and also somewhere in the States - sometimes it works, sometimes not.
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #290
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles R1: Evtimova/Tinjic def. Mijacika/Zec-Peskiric 6:4, 6:3!

Unfortunately, in the quarters they play the top seeds Gerlova/Kriegsmannova, but you never know, they might surprise us. Another 14 points means that in 2 weeks time Jasmina should be ranked at least some 250 spots better than now, around #670 (cause she was in the QF of a 25k last week too), even if she and her partner lose their next match.

Good luck girls!
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #291
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
When it comes to that 10k news, that might actually be a good news cause I think it has to do with her playing Dubai 75k the week after that. She might play qualies there or even get a MD WC (which I think she deserves), so this 10k could be used as a warm-up. Let's hope that's the case

P. S. My "Dubai theory" is based on the fact that lower-ranked players often enter small events that are held the week before larger ones in the same city, with the hope of getting a WC. I remember Lucic doing that too, I think in Rome and also somewhere in the States - sometimes it works, sometimes not.
I was thinking the same thing. By the way, the entry list for Dubai $75K came out (yesterday?) and it's extremely competitive. There are 21 top-130 players entered, compared to just two in Tokyo this week (even though Tokyo is a higher-grade tournament, $75K+H). Jasmina is *way* down the list of alternates, at #49. Let's hope she has been promised a WC.
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #292
country flag ma re

^^ There are some more possibilities.

For instance, maybe the deal is that she'll get a WC (probably WCQ) if she enters that 10k, cause many 10k's would like to have players like Jasmina in the field, and/or reaches a certain round there.Or she has an info about some chance of one of the alt's getting into a 75k, so she just wants to be close enough if that happens.

Anyway, it's nice to see her willing to play such a strong challenger, really shows her commitment and desire to continue climbing the rankings.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #293
country flag ma re

They lost the doubles 2 and 4, but it's still nice that they made that one win.
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 09:08 AM   #294
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
By the way, the entry list for Dubai $75K came out (yesterday?) and it's extremely competitive...Jasmina is *way* down the list of alternates, at #49.
She's now up to #3 in the alt's, so looks like quali draw is not in question, and honestly I don't think she'd benefit from a MD WC without some lucky draw because of the numerous quality players in the field.

She'll probably just use that 10k as a bit of a warm-up before the qualies of 75k.
Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 08:41 AM   #295
country flag ma re

Jasmina's campaign could stretch to 3 consecutive weeks, cause the week after Dubai 75k she's listed to play Pune 25k in India. Now why would she travel all the way to India for a relatively small challenger this time of year Does she plan to play junior AO at the start of next season so wants to stay nearby untill January? Is she allowed to even play a junior slam, because of her age (I haven't checked the rules)?
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #296
country flag ma re

In R1 of Dubai 10k she (as the 8th seed) plays #660, but a former #339, Perkovic. Not an easy first match, considering it's a 10k.

Good luck Jasmina!
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #297
country flag ma re

This week Jasmina goes from 382 to 365 in singles, and from 765 to 672 in doubles! BTW, she's now into the quali list for a 75k (in Dubai) and also on the MD list for Pune 25k.
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM   #298
country flag ma re

OK, focus Jasmina (lost to Perkovic 1 and 4)! Hope this was really just a warm-up.
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #299
country flag networthy

^ Bad loss--I wonder what happened. Perkovic is ranked in the 600s and her CH ranking--which she reached more than three and a half years ago--is only just slightly higher than Jasmina's. Also this is only Perkovic's third tournament since the end of August and at her most recent one she lost to Vinogradova, who's not even in the top 700...
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #300
country flag ma re

She withdrew from Pune 25k, but is still on the quali list for Dubai 75k.