Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!) - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #331
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

Yep. 10 lbs can make a world of difference for Lexy.

I just hope Lexy can have less retirements this season and a few more wins!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #332
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Alexandra is in the QD this week in the 25k at Rancho Santa Fe.

R1 vs Katerina Stewart

GL Lexy!

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #333
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

gl lexy. first round definetly winnable! but QR2 could be tough, probably against a young rising Mayo Hibi. go lexy, do your best and qualify once more!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đài J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:31 AM   #334
country flag goOudinUSA

Lexy was replaced by an ALT in the QD.

Lexy should be back next week in the Suprise 25k.

I wonder what happened?

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #335
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

She definitely made a late withdrawal, because they had already revised the draw and schedule once last night and she was still on the revised list.

Unfortunate -- she needed to build on the halfway decent effort in Midland and she needs every single point she can manage, at this stage.

She's still in the 500s (!) and the tiny boost she got in Midland will be erased because there is only the Surprise, Arizona 25K and then virtually no American events (not even 10Ks) in March. The Bahamas event is gone and, after April, she could fall completely off the map.

Hopefully she'll make an effort to fight in Arizona, get some wins (even one win) in qualifying and really spend March going into fitness overdrive.

It just makes no sense that she did not immediately "build" on winning 3 Q matches at Midland.

If she is injured, then she has to question her ability to really function, physically, in the smallest events. If some other drama occurred, then ...

... ?

It is impossible to fathom how badly her career has played out ... Just when she needed to take the confidence of Midland and do something with it.

Hope she decides to put some extra gym time in between now and the event in Arizona.

It could and WILL help her cause. Anything, at this point.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #336
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Stevenson appears to have withdrawn from the Surprise $25K, too, where she was no. 35 in the HUGE qualifying draw.

Following the withdrawal from Rancho Santa Fe (which was in her own back yard in San Diego) and now this disappearance, she is either injured or has decided to finally hang it up and get a day job.

She could also have opted to work on her fitness and attempt the 25Ks and 50Ks in April, but it doesn't seem likely she would withdraw from two events close at-hand to suddenly devote herself to fitness after years of NOT doing it.

She was in halfway decent form, game-wise ... The withdrawals are explicable only in terms of injury or the fact that she may be forced to move on, financially. It will be even more difficult for her to claw into upcoming USTA events in April, May, and beyond with her ranking still sinking.

Whatever her predicament, good luck to her. There are many things she can still bring to tennis.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #337
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

This is what Lexy needs...

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ms/insanity.do
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #338
country flag mikireturns

I firmly believe that Alex could have remained a Top 20 star for more than just one year if her Mother had just let go and allowed her to find her own way as an adult woman. Injuries did play a role in 2004, but what really kept her from her full potential was the weird relationship with the Mother. Then again, it must be next to impossible to extract herself now from the Mother.

How great would it be if Alex walked in the door tomorrow and said, "Mom, I love you and thanks for everything, but I found someone who will help me get in the best fitness of my life so long as you're not involved, and this is my only chance, so ... I have these really great nursing home brochures and it would be great if you spent some time looking them over."

She'll be okay, whatever happens. She still has an entire adult life of adventure waiting for her.
Old Feb 17th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #339
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
I firmly believe that Alex could have remained a Top 20 star for more than just one year if her Mother had just let go and allowed her to find her own way as an adult woman. Injuries did play a role in 2004, but what really kept her from her full potential was the weird relationship with the Mother. Then again, it must be next to impossible to extract herself now from the Mother.

How great would it be if Alex walked in the door tomorrow and said, "Mom, I love you and thanks for everything, but I found someone who will help me get in the best fitness of my life so long as you're not involved, and this is my only chance, so ... I have these really great nursing home brochures and it would be great if you spent some time looking them over."

She'll be okay, whatever happens. She still has an entire adult life of adventure waiting for her.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #340
country flag mikireturns

Quite amazingly, Alexandra is entered in the main draw of a 10K in ... England in early march. This being the case even though there are a couple of 10K events round the same time in Florida. She is also an ALT (waaayyyy down the list) for a 15K in Bath, England.

Whether she actually shows up for these events or not is another question (especially given her recent withdrawals) but ... flying to Britain for a 10K? That would be twice this year.

Good luck to her if she goes, but that's a huge expense if the result is the same as in Glasgow.

Wow. Highly unusual choices.
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #341
country flag goOudinUSA

$10,000 Sutton

R1 vs (6)Angelica Moratelli(ITA). GL Lexy!

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #342
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
$10,000 Sutton

R1 vs (6)Angelica Moratelli(ITA). GL Lexy!
She's gaining momentum now

I think she might break the top 500
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #343
country flag goOudinUSA

She lost in 3.

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #344
country flag goOudinUSA

Here is Lexy's section of the QD in the 15k Bath:

(8)Emily Webley-Smith (GBR) v (wc)Laura Deigman (GBR)
(11)Alexandra Stevenson (USA) v (wc)Grace Dixon (GBR)

Good chance to qualify! NO RETIERMENTS, please! GL Lexy!

Bally

Tim Howard
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #345
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

If she doesn't qualify
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote