Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!) - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #256
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alex Stevenson's Chat Thread. (!!!)

She won 64 57 62 against the 7 seed.

Have anything to say now Mikireturns?
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM   #257
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srodgers View Post
She won 64 57 62 against the 7 seed.

Have anything to say now Mikireturns?
Yes, as a matter of fact I do:

Good for Stevenson. The 1999 Wimbledon semifinalist just beat the world No. 307 in three tough sets to earn 14 points at an obscure 25K that is really more along the lines of a 10K event. Even so, it's a win over someone ranked higher than Stevenson's current 424, so ... Cheers to the old lady.

However, before this year is finished, Stevenson will have to defend a total of 40 additional points.

If she does not defend all 40, she will finish the year ranked in the 500s.

That's what I have to say.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #258
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

QF: Stevenson vs. (2)Jones

gl lexy, get another upset!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Yes, as a matter of fact I do:

Good for Stevenson. The 1999 Wimbledon semifinalist just beat the world No. 307 in three tough sets to earn 14 points at an obscure 25K that is really more along the lines of a 10K event. Even so, it's a win over someone ranked higher than Stevenson's current 424, so ... Cheers to the old lady.

However, before this year is finished, Stevenson will have to defend a total of 40 additional points.

If she does not defend all 40, she will finish the year ranked in the 500s.

That's what I have to say.

omg, you're so damn annoying. i've followed this now for too long. if you really don't care about stevenson as you announce about a thousand times a week, then why do you keep posting and commenting about her?! it's not your life and she does not have any influence on yours i guess. don't you realize that nearly everybody here is bored about your comments?! if you don't like her, her mother or her attitude or whatever else, just stop talking about her. every normal person would have realized that by now. so the fact that you keep talking about her makes me feel that you definetly feel something for and you care somehow about her and it seems to bother you nearly every day, so what is it that makes you so emotional about a person you probably won't ever meet in private? that behaviour is just childish. how about focusing your daily energy on getting over stevenson and move on with your life?! i think there are more important things for you to do than writing the same old boring comments over and over again! everybody here knows what you think about alex, we don't have to hear it over an over again. it's a thread to cheer for her, and if you like it or not, there are people who are cheering for her (what doesn't mean that everything she does or says around the court is automatically right). so if you truly don't care about stevenson, then just ignore this thread here, i think it's not that difficult! and if you want to keep hating on her, start your own stevenson hating thread and put all your energy into it, maybe that'll help you get over her sometime in the future!
p.s. do i have to fear you hating on me now?! well, even if, believe it or not, i don't care. if you want to start hating on me now because i told some truth, do whatver you need to do, i don't care about it, because i know how to deal with people and things that are absolutely ridiculous and insignificant for my life! that's the first and the last thing i have to say to you!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #259
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

^ Um ... no, I don't intend to start "hating" on you. It seems that YOU are quite content to be the one to make this a personal issue between commenters. I don't believe I have ever faulted you for your outlook on the subject (an outlook I do not happen to share). You might wish to ponder the possible irony involved.

Moreover, this is a forum to comment upon the state of any given player's tennis game. I express my opinion about Stevenson's game. I think she is a troublesome "cautionary tale" on the women's tour whose baffling behavior has attracted attention from an endless stream of pundits, in both professional and non-professional spheres. Some of the sport's top journalists have written about the melodrama perpetuated by the Stevenson duo. In that regard, I refer you to some of the work done by Bob Larson or Charles Bricker, and even some dated material by some major dailies like the NY Times, etc. There's a wealth of material.

So you see, I am far from alone in having a negative opinion about Stevenson's game and (non) legacy.

These forums are forums in which such opinions may be and are meant to be discussed, and if my negative assessment of Stevenson is not suitable to you, avoid reading what I write. It's as simple as that. But, again, I call attention to the fact that you launched a personal diatribe against ME ... And then pondered whether I would start "hating" on you. Rather hypocritical, but I am not going to condemn you for your positive assessment of Stevenson's career. Please have the broad-mindedness not to condemn someone else (or judge them--which is impossible to do!) for their negative assessment.

Commentary on sport has always had an element of criticism--sometimes harsh criticism. Goes with the territory.

In the meantime, best wishes and, hopefully, you can produce some remarks germane to specific aspects of Stevenson's game and her prolonged struggle, rather than a pointless fit of pique directed at another commenter.

Cheers~ : -)
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #260
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Even if Stevenson hasn't been to top form in awhile, I still think she has got it in her! A win is a win...10k or 100k. Alexandra needs the wins. So what if Australian 25k is a weaker tournament that the others. You don't need to be hating on the woman. Throughout the injuires and hardships, Stevenson is trying to make a run back to the top. LETS GO ALEXANDRA!!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #261
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Enough of this.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=374231

Point 4 especially.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #262

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of

QF: (2)Sacha Jones (AUS) d. Alexandra Stevenson (USA) 40 Ret.

not another one...come on lexy!!

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng

Last edited by coetzergambill : Sep 15th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #263
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

If she is serious about making an impact she really should get her fitness level up. She seems to withdraw from an awful lot of matches. It's a bit silly for her to travel all over the world for these tournaments and not be able to finish more than 3 or 4 matches due to injury.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #264

25k Port Pirie:

R1: Stevenson vs. (8)Peers

gl lexy!

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #265
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

tough 1st rd match...GL!!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #266
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
^ Um ... no, I don't intend to start "hating" on you. It seems that YOU are quite content to be the one to make this a personal issue between commenters. I don't believe I have ever faulted you for your outlook on the subject (an outlook I do not happen to share). You might wish to ponder the possible irony involved.

Moreover, this is a forum to comment upon the state of any given player's tennis game. I express my opinion about Stevenson's game. I think she is a troublesome "cautionary tale" on the women's tour whose baffling behavior has attracted attention from an endless stream of pundits, in both professional and non-professional spheres. Some of the sport's top journalists have written about the melodrama perpetuated by the Stevenson duo. In that regard, I refer you to some of the work done by Bob Larson or Charles Bricker, and even some dated material by some major dailies like the NY Times, etc. There's a wealth of material.

So you see, I am far from alone in having a negative opinion about Stevenson's game and (non) legacy.

These forums are forums in which such opinions may be and are meant to be discussed, and if my negative assessment of Stevenson is not suitable to you, avoid reading what I write. It's as simple as that. But, again, I call attention to the fact that you launched a personal diatribe against ME ... And then pondered whether I would start "hating" on you. Rather hypocritical, but I am not going to condemn you for your positive assessment of Stevenson's career. Please have the broad-mindedness not to condemn someone else (or judge them--which is impossible to do!) for their negative assessment.

Commentary on sport has always had an element of criticism--sometimes harsh criticism. Goes with the territory.

In the meantime, best wishes and, hopefully, you can produce some remarks germane to specific aspects of Stevenson's game and her prolonged struggle, rather than a pointless fit of pique directed at another commenter.

Cheers~ : -)
OMG...mikireturns...REALLY?
It is ok to express your opinion or copycat viewpoints expressed by Bob Larson and Charles Bricker, although as unoriginal as it may sound. Do you think people are impressed with your continous non-stop rants?
Are you expecting others to jump on your bandwagon, because you are quoting what others have posted in their articles? If so, what planet are you from?
I think you've made your point but if you continue with your tirade, it would appear that your commentary isn't fair and impartial, but quite personal, borderline psychotic, and showing resemblence of a stalker
For the life of me, I just can't understand and nor do I care how Lexy's career choice and decision to continue to battle it out on the tour...is any of your business?
I remember Lexy and Mirv both turning pro around the same time and 100's of Americans have turned pro and have retired since them. The competition is fierce and not everybody can be like Serena Williams or Maria Sharapova. It is ok for players stay on the tour if they choose, regardless of the outcome, as long as they have the will and desire. What is most important isn't so much the results, but the will and desire to compete, which is why players retire, even when they are still competitive and can still earn millions if they continue to play the game. To see a player like Lexy, still competing and not giving up is like rooting for an underdog.
Somehow you seem to express pleasure in raining in other people's parade, yet you don't seem to realize this, as if you are in denial or perhaps you are indeed an annoying person
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #267
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
Even if Stevenson hasn't been to top form in awhile, I still think she has got it in her! A win is a win...10k or 100k. Alexandra needs the wins. So what if Australian 25k is a weaker tournament that the others. You don't need to be hating on the woman. Throughout the injuires and hardships, Stevenson is trying to make a run back to the top. LETS GO ALEXANDRA!!!
Unless a person has worn Alexandra's shoes, they have no right to judge and to excessively hate like it is really their business. When Michael Jordan attempted to play baseball because it was his childhood dream, even when it meant leaving basketball after leading the Bulls to consecutive championships, more power to him to have the will and desire to make that choice, even though he was not going to make it to the major leagues. More power to Alexandra to continue striving to follow her dreams, even though she may never return to the top 50. Life is a journey. We play with the cards that are dealt to us. We do the best we can. Good or bad. I rate Alexandra an "A" for effort, despite her critics, who like seeing the glass half empty. Those critics probably wish they could play half as good as Alexandra.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #268

25k Port Pirie:

R1: Stevenson def. (8)Peers 36 64 62
R2: Stevenson vs. Ce

good win for lexy! keep it up and gl in R2!

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #269
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Congrats!!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #270
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Unless a person has worn Alexandra's shoes, they have no right to judge and to excessively hate like it is really their business. When Michael Jordan attempted to play baseball because it was his childhood dream, even when it meant leaving basketball after leading the Bulls to consecutive championships, more power to him to have the will and desire to make that choice, even though he was not going to make it to the major leagues. More power to Alexandra to continue striving to follow her dreams, even though she may never return to the top 50. Life is a journey. We play with the cards that are dealt to us. We do the best we can. Good or bad. I rate Alexandra an "A" for effort, despite her critics, who like seeing the glass half empty. Those critics probably wish they could play half as good as Alexandra.
AMEN to that! They need to put themself in her shoes! Don't tell me that they wouldn't do the same thing that Alexandra is doing. Alexandra is a great tennis player and is capable to making it big again! GL Alexandra!

Bally

Ana Ivanovic