Stosur works with Lindsay's coach in IW - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #1
country flag Modiac.
Team WTAworld

Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute
Stosur works with Lindsay's coach in IW

Sam Stosur has hired Lindsay Davenport's last coach, Adam Peterson, for a two-tournament trial stint in the US, starting with the Indian Wells event in California this week.

Stosur has not ruled out working again with Nicole Bradtke, her coach for the Australian summer, but her manager, Phil Harte, said she wanted to have a coach able to travel to events and also assist her training at her Florida base.

The Australian No.1 last week reconsidered a verbal understanding reached in January with Bradtke that she would travel overseas to a limited number of overseas tournaments this year.

Peterson, an American, worked with Davenport in 2004-2005, when she held the No.1 ranking for a total of 54 weeks, and was rehired late last year after being let go for the 2006 Australian Open.

Stosur's fifth coach since the start of 2006, Peterson indicated he was keen to tour consistently with the world No.27 for the rest of the year.

Sam is very grateful of the support Nicole gave, but when Sam and I spoke about everything from coaching and her finances, we were clear she needed to have a focus in the US because she's there a lot longer than she is in Australia,Harte said.

Sam will see if there is the required chemistry with Adam after the two tournaments.

Harte said Peterson's experience in coaching a former world No.1 made him a good chance to take Stosur into the top 10 this year.

Davenport announced in December that she was pregnant and had no plans to play in 2007.
┗━┻━┻┻┻┻━┻━┻┻┻━┻┻┛
Modiac. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 01:44 AM   #2
VenusSerenaBlvd.

VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold VenusSerenaBlvd. is a splendid one to behold
Re: Stosur works with Lindsay's coach in IW

So will Lindsay officially retire? I do want to see Lindsay play again, but it is up to her on what she wants to do.

“...Serena isn’t playing for your approval, doesn’t need your approval, and kind of turns the whole question of your approval into wasted breath.”- Brian Phillips
VenusSerenaBlvd. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 04:47 AM   #3
country flag RJWCapriati

RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute RJWCapriati has a reputation beyond repute

Davenport is definitely retired...... with a 716-188 record.....why come back, She'll probably officially announce it around Wimbledon/U.S. Open.

Follow me on twitter @RandyWhite89
RJWCapriati is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 05:55 AM   #4
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusSerenaBlvd. View Post
So will Lindsay officially retire? I do want to see Lindsay play again, but it is up to her on what she wants to do.
She already said she have no planning to return again, therefore, she's officially retired.

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 06:33 AM   #5
country flag miss_molik

miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future

Goodluck with it sammy!