Camila Giorgi Cheering Thread!! - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 03:10 AM   #811
country flag Gasquetrules

Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all
Re: Camila Giorgi Cheering Thread!!

Well... I thought Camila had a decent chance to win if she played well, and she proved me right. I just wish I had bet about five hundred bucks on her. I felt Camila had great potential when I saw her play in Rock Hill, SC two years ago; she won that event. She has an exciting and bold game, and she is simply magnificent to look at. And she dresses like she's a diva on the court. Some people don't like that, but I do. Pro tennis is entertainment, and everyone know that the magic formula for big commercial success for a female tennis player is to be able to win important matches and to also be pretty and have sex appeal. That has been Maria Sharapova's pathway to riches. Camila could easily become an exciting hit on the WTA tour if she can just become a regular player there. I hope she does.
Gasquetrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:25 PM   #812
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Camila "i have no 2nd serve, but two attempts for an ace failing" Giorgi has brainfarted

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #813
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Alright, so I watched the Memphis match between Camila and Stephanie. Having now watched her for the first time, my verdict is that Camila is a player that people need to watch out for. The girl is a shotmaker, and she has got real talent. I think a good way to describe her to someone who has never seen her play before is to call her an ultra-aggressive version of Kirilenko, and that says a lot about Camila's style of play because Maria is a pretty aggressive player herself. Yes, you can easily make the argument that she is way too aggressive, and that her style has probably hurt her progression up the ranking. That said, even though I've now seen her play and am acknowledging her weaknesses, I'm not going to make the mistake of dismissing this girl as just a thoughtless player who is wasting her talent. I follow ITF match results, and sometimes you can spot up-and-coming players before they hit the main tour. Camila's results down on the ITF tour were good enough that they had caught my eye a while ago, so I can say that I was familiar with her name even before she beat Nadia. Camila hasn't blasted up the ranking, but she is making steady progress upwards. That alone suggests that she is doing something good with her talent.

With regards to her playing style, I think that she will be a lot of fun to watch when she is playing well. The girl can hit some incredible shots from the back of the court, but she also seems quite comfortable moving forward to the net and finishing a point off. I can't imagine that there will be too many players out there that will want to face her when she's in a groove, because all she does is attack. If she is not playing well, the unforced errors will kill her, and her fans will be left pulling their hair out. When all is said and done though, I think that she will continue to get better, and that she just might turn out to be an impact player one day. She would not have gotten this far without already having put in a lot of hard work. She looks like a good athlete. Her technique is sound. I see a lot of potential in her. Yes, she hits a lot of low-percentage shots, but she just might learn how to put enough of them in, and if she does that, she will win a lot of matches. What she is trying to do is not impossible. People can learn how to hit difficult shots with lots of practice. All-out aggression is her style, so she is definitely getting a lot of practice.

Finally, I took the time to read some of the posts in this thread, and it's pretty obvious that most of the people in here don't exactly have a lot of respect for either her or her game. I think that is a bit sad, because she's still quite young. As she gets older, she will have an opportunity to learn from her mistakes. As a matter of fact, I can't see any 'unforgivable crimes' that either she or her father have committed thus far, so why are people in here giving her such a hard time? I think that it's way too early to be writing this girl off as some sort of failure. As far as her career is concerned, she just might end up being the one that has the last laugh, so people had better start taking her a bit more seriously. If they don't, they could be in for a rude awakening. Nadia's post-match comments said it all:

Quote:
She didn't give me any rhythm. She was playing very aggressive. Clearly she wanted to play two-stroke rallies, hard through the middle and put it away. So it was really difficult for me to get into the match. She produced very good tennis today and I thought at some point maybe she would have trouble closing it out, but she stayed solid throughout the whole match.
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201202...256076_2618024
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #814
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

anyeay, last week she made SF in florida, loosing to the winner of the turnament.

this week she is in another ITF in florida, she qualified, tomorrow 1st round against Glatch.

i wish she could play bigger tournaments.

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles :

Dubai '14, Charleston '14
Madoka is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #815
country flag Darop.

Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute Darop. has a reputation beyond repute

Stop playing 25ks, you're 20 and almost in the top 150.

Darop. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #816
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darop. View Post
Stop playing 25ks, you're 20 and almost in the top 150.

this.

playing 25 k she gets too few points to improove in the ranking, and its tough making semifinal or final each week, mostly with her game.

she should be playing in charleston in 20 days, but i hope after that she will be willing to go to europe, there are a lot of internationals where she could easily play in the qualis...

a couple of rounds in an international ( like she did in Memphis ) and she gets the same points of a final in a 25 k.

i hope she comes to Rome, so i can see her again

PAW Titles :

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #817

Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all Gasquetrules is a name known to all

The tournament she is in this week has a ridiculous field for a 25K. Last week she was the #2 seed, which is about what you might expect for someone with her ranking. This week she didn't even qualify for the main draw. The draw here is about like a 100K challenger, with lots of players inside the top 100.

The win over Glatch in the first round was impressive. I've seen Alexa play (against Camila) and she's a quality player. Each time she plays Alexa, the score goes more strongly for Camila. So this is a good sign. I think Camila has won her last three matches against her. Glatch's ranking has followed a similar track as Camila's over the past year.

Next up is Aravane Rezai. Didn't I see her in the final of a major clay court event a couple years ago? Possibly beating Venus Williams or some other top-ten playler? Here's another former top-50 player who is in this 25K. She's seeded #7. I think it will be a good matchup for Camila. Rezai loves to hit hard, but her fitness is poor and she doesn't cover the court well. I think Camila will win this one, and it should give her confidence to beat another player who has played and won at the highest levels in the women's game.

Again, Camila will be lucky to make it to the final eight in such a loaded field, but she's getting some great practice against very tough opponents... even though the points to be gained are few. The experience will pay off later in the year.
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #818
country flag Madoka

Quote:
Next up is Aravane Rezai. Didn't I see her in the final of a major clay court event a couple years ago? Possibly beating Venus Williams or some other top-ten playler? Here's another former top-50 player who is in this 25K. She's seeded #7. I think it will be a good matchup for Camila. Rezai loves to hit hard, but her fitness is poor and she doesn't cover the court well.
yeah, she won in Madrid, defeating Venus in straight sets.

i think Cami has chances, its true, Aravane can hit the ball really hard, but as you said atm her fitness is really, really poor, so i think it should be enough to win this match.
we will see

Quote:
she's getting some great practice against very tough opponents
yeah, this is the most important thing atm, playing against stornger players

PAW Titles :

Old Mar 16th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #819
country flag Madoka

she bageled rezai 6-3 6-0 !

QF against voegele !!

PAW Titles :

Old Mar 16th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #820

Fantastic win for Camila! I thought it was a good matchup for her. I also predicted a good chance for a win against Petrova for similar reasons. I've got to start betting on Camila whenever I see this kind of higher-ranked opponent who plays a style that fits Camila's game.

I'm very happy with these two very strong wins against very strong opponents: Glatch and Rezai. I haven't looked into her next round, but I know the opponents are very strong. Any wins after these two are just a bonus. This has been a wonderful effort by Camila this week. This has to give her confidence, and I'm looking for some good results over the next three months for her. I hope after that she will begin focusing on playing the bigger ITF events and qualifying for WTA tournaments. I'd only play a 25K if there was a big hole in her schedule and she just wanted some match play for practice.
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #821
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

at least she's gettin' consistent but seriously stop with 25Ks, Clearwater has a 100K field so even if she wins it all she gets few pts
hope she really plays Charleston...
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #822

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

i don't htink she will play Charleston, though i hope it as well

Old Mar 17th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #823

lost in straights to Voegele 4 and 4

she really can't live up the good wins

Old Mar 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #824
country flag Madoka

this is her.

but she is playing more and winning more matches.

of course, she has still a lot to improove a lot.

let'see what is giong to happen in charleston...

PAW Titles :

Last edited by Madoka : Mar 18th, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #825

Too bad she's not a US citizen

Too bad Camila isn't a US citizen. If she was she would have gotten a wildcard into the Miami qualifying tournament. I looked at the draw and saw several US players who were ranked below Camila who were given wildcards into the qualies. I noticed Rezai won her first-round match in qualies. I guess Camila's ranking is just outside what it would need to be to earn a spot in the qualies. Too bad. Such a big tournament right in her own backyard and she can't play in it.

I talked to Irina Falconi in Rock Hill the year she lost in the finals to Camila. She's originally from Ecuador. But at some point she became a US citizen. She may have played some college tennis here briefly. But she gets a lot of support from the USTA and gets a lot of wildcard entries into major tournaments here in the US. She's a grinder and doesn't have the potential that Camila does. Too bad for Camila. Looks like she will have to earn her way into the big time without much help.