Tatiana Pieri - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 14th, 2014, 04:08 AM   #1
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Tatiana Pieri

Anyone know anything about her?

I had never heard of her until this week. She's 14 (turning 15 later this month) and currently in the QF of a 10K

She has barely played any junior events but the ones she has played didn't really go well for her at all
Obviously she still has plenty of time though

By the way, she qualified this week and then beat (2) Suvrijn (#384) and Grajdek (#650)

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Rye

Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tatiana Pieri

Great idea to open the thread
She has won National Championships several times (obviously, in different categories related to the age). She has an older sister, Jessica, who plays tennis, too, but is constantly injured and who has won the National Championships several times, too.
Her (their) coach is the father, Ivano, who is also Jasmine Paolini's coach.

Tatiana is very very little, but she is well known for her being smart during the matches. She soon discovers her opponent's weaknesses and plays on them.
Her serve is, obviously, very weak. She has a great timing and tecnique in her shots, and she changes the rhythm a lot.
She is very correct during her matches. I remember someone saying she had never fistpumped in her 'career' so far

I am honestly surprised that she has already won four matches at this level: it was not easy at all.
She has played something like 4-5 tournaments in juniors, and just one this year, on carpet (I reckon?).

Not sure if she will be able to defeat Lombardo But great week anyway
Rye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #3
Rye

Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute Rye has a reputation beyond repute

Tatiana with her sisters (on the left Jessica, on the right Tatiana herself)

Old Mar 14th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #4
country flag paologiorgi

paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice paologiorgi is just really nice

She beat Lombardo 6-4 6-0!
Lizarazo next, go Tatiana!
paologiorgi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #5
Rye

Can't believe she is 14 and is defeating three good players in a row so easily
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #6
country flag kvaker81

kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of

A new Italian star, maybe? We know they need a new one
kvaker81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #7
country flag milionesimo

milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice milionesimo is just really nice

Continue on the clay courts of the Tennis Club Forte Village Sardinia the beautiful journey of Tatiana Pieri (pictured), a young blue class tennis player to win came in 1999, starting with the qualifications, access to the semifinals of the ITF tournament in Santa Margherita di Pula 10,000 $, thanks to the success achieved in today's derby against Beatrice Lombardo 1996 class, defeated in straight sets with a final score of 6-4,6-0.

Full article on: http://www.tennisteitaliane.it/?p=1450
milionesimo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #8
country flag kvaker81

kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of kvaker81 has much to be proud of

Nice one, winning against a girl 3 years older
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #9
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

she is trained by her father, who is well know in Italy to be a really good/loved coach...

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles : Dubai '14, Charleston '14
Madoka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #10
Rye

Santa Margherita SF
(Q)Tatiana Pieri def. Yuliana Lizarazo (COL) 62 26 64

Tatiana was leading 5-0 in the third set and wasted many match points before finally closing it What an outstanding week.
I watched Kennel, her opponent in the final, today, and she defends pretty well. But I don't even care about the outcome of tomorrow, I am simply delighted for this little fighter
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 12:45 PM   #11
country flag kvaker81

How old is this Lizarazo?
Nice win for the kid! She's in the final
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #12
Rye

Old Mar 15th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #13
country flag kvaker81

Oh wow! And Tatiana is 14
And how old is Kennel then?
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #14
Rye

18 or 19 I think.
It must be frustrating for all these players to lose to a kid
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 01:13 PM   #15
country flag kvaker81

And she looks like a kid
So it's not a juniors tournament? I have no idea how it works not at WTA