Golovin's One-Day Memphis Blog - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:45 PM   #1
country flag FrenchY52

FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute FrenchY52 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Golovin's One-Day Memphis Blog

February 22, 2007

© Jerry The Driver

Golovin's One-Day Memphis Blog

MEMPHIS, TN, USA -

One of the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour's most promising young stars, Tatiana Golovin, made her way to Memphis Thursday to spend some time at The Regions Morgan Keegan Championships & The Cellular South Cup. Take a glimpse into Golovin's visit to the Volunteer State in her one day blog straight from Tennessee.

-----

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hey everyone,

I had my best result this year last week in Antwerp, making the semifinals, but then I got sick the last few days there and was in no shape to take the flight to Memphis. I was so disappointed; I was playing well and would have loved to continue. But I made a commitment to the Tour and to Memphis and I try hard to respect my commitments so I came here to do a few things today!

One of the first things I did today was a clinic with some kids. I always love seeing the younger generation starting to play, and I'm always glad to give them tips. I also did an autograph session and met with the tournament sponsors.

I also went to a college basketball game this evening where Memphis was playing against Rice. Memphis won by quite a bit. I try to follow these teams but I am not in the U.S. long enough to follow them that closely, with all of the travelling on the Tour. But I do have my home in Miami so I do try to go to a few games while I'm down there. Anyway, I had a great time at the game!

This is my first time in Tennessee, and I love it. The people are extremely nice and welcoming. There's lots of green in the scenery and the houses all look really nice. It's just nice to be away from the big cities and crowds, just a little more in the country. One day I hope to bring my family, or maybe even move here!

I've started feeling a little better although my voice is a bit off and I'm still feeling pretty tired. I flew from Paris to Miami on Wednesday, and to Memphis today; it's back to Miami for 10 days' practice on Friday morning.

I'm really looking forward to Indian Wells and Miami, which are coming up very soon. I've always had good results there - even when I was younger and just starting out. They're both on hardcourts and outside which are great for me and they're always very well run. The crowds are great too.

I feel like I'm playing some of my best tennis now. I've matured on the court; I've also been working harder and more regularly, so I have more consistency with my results. I know I have the game to beat the top players but it's just a matter of doing it week in, week out. I'm motivated to do even better this year.

I had some great results in 2006. Reaching the quarterfinals of the US Open was definitely one of the best. It was the first tournament my parents took me to as a kid and has a very special place in my heart. Semifinals in Miami against Maria and the final in Stuttgart were also incredible. And because I injured my ankle and missed the clay and grass seasons last year, I have no points to defend. I'm very excited about this year.

Well that's it from me in Memphis - I'll talk to you all soon!

Tatiana

-----

Tatiana Golovin has been consistently ranked in the Top 30 since 2004, but really began making her move towards the top in 2006 with her first major quarterfinal in New York, her first Tier II final at Stuttgart and four Top 10 victories. After reaching the semifinals at Antwerp last week she returned to her career-high ranking of No.18; unfortunately, an upper respiratory infection kept her from competing in Memphis. Her next scheduled events are the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells and the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami.

Tati
Advertisement

Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 12:56 PM   #2
country flag .:sk:.
Fightiana!!! <3

.:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute .:sk:. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Golovin's One-Day Memphis Blog

Yeah, very cool blog Hope to see more pics of her visit...

Cibulkova | Ivanovic | Kirilenko | Azarenka | Lisicki | Malek | Grönefeld | Hercog | Pivovarova

My Stuttgart 2009 pics & vids !!! [thread]
My blog - My YouTube channel
.:sk:. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 01:51 PM   #3
country flag NittanyJefe
Registered 1

NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice NittanyJefe is just really nice

Now I am mad that I didn't watch the Memphis-Rice game. Maybe Tati was on at some point.
NittanyJefe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 02:01 PM   #4
country flag orfeus

orfeus has disabled reputation

yay, so Tati's more and more into the "backcountry" (Memphis is like what - 700,000?)...anyway, glad to hear she feels better now...oh yeah and thx FrenchY for posting this...
orfeus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:33 PM   #5
country flag rseto

rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of rseto has much to be proud of

when i first read the title, i thought it was a joke and that frenchy was pretending to be tati in memphis!

damn, now i really wish tati was able to play. she probably would have a done full weekly blog if she was in the tournament.
rseto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 03:57 PM   #6
country flag yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute yukon145 has a reputation beyond repute

its still really nice of Tati to show up even though she wasn't playing.
yukon145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote