What Would You Give to See Capriati Back at the US Open? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 09:52 AM   #1
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute
What Would You Give to See Capriati Back at the US Open?

In a big semifinal, perhaps. Against an old rival, like Justine, or Serena.

I just watched the 2003 semifinal between she and Justine, and it was undeniably one of the best matches I've ever seen.

I've been a closet Capriati fan for a number of years and really have always admired her footspeed and her underrated variety. She really could hit every shot, just ask Martina Hingis, she said so. Does anyone remember how gorgeous Jennifer's slice backhand was?

I just think she's owed that US Open final at the torunament that means more to her than all the others combined. Who can lose 4 times in their favorite tournament, 3 times in third set tiebreaks?

I feel like Jenn has another shot at a comeback. Mary did it, and now she can too. Who agrees?
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM   #2
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What Would You Give to See Capriati Back at the US Open?

I'd only give anything to see her LOSE another US Open semifinal. That would be funny.
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #3
country flag Kunal

Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute Kunal has a reputation beyond repute

well she rubs me the wrong way and thats why im not a big fan.....having said that i would like to see her come back
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM   #4
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
In a big semifinal, perhaps. Against an old rival, like Justine, or Serena.

I just watched the 2003 semifinal between she and Justine, and it was undeniably one of the best matches I've ever seen.

I've been a closet Capriati fan for a number of years and really have always admired her footspeed and her underrated variety. She really could hit every shot, just ask Martina Hingis, she said so. Does anyone remember how gorgeous Jennifer's slice backhand was?

I just think she's owed that US Open final at the torunament that means more to her than all the others combined. Who can lose 4 times in their favorite tournament, 3 times in third set tiebreaks?

I feel like Jenn has another shot at a comeback. Mary did it, and now she can too. Who agrees?
She's one of a kind. Cappy is tennis' ultimate street fighter. They should have played the theme from the rocky movies each time she stepped on a tennis court. And I don't think she will come back, but if she does I hope that she will knock everybody senseless.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #5
country flag PLP

PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute

I would truly love Jen to come back and win in NY. She was born there, enjoyed great success there, but never was able to win it.

Martina Hingis Forever!!!
PLP is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #6
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post
I'd only give anything to see her LOSE another US Open semifinal. That would be funny.
haha, but that's just CRUEL. 3 3rd set tiebreaks!
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #7
country flag Craigy

Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute Craigy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love her to come back and play Serena again

twitter tumblr
Craigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #8
country flag John.
Turn your face into the sun!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see her come back and win the USO. That would be amazing
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #9
country flag lecciones

lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future lecciones has a brilliant future

I wouldn't give anything but maybe she can give AO02 to Martina and Martina can give her 2 finals (98, 99) at US Open for Jeniffer to play, I'm sure she'll win both. HAHAHA :P
5 Singles Grandslams, 9 Doubles Grandslam, 1 Mixed Grandslam
2x Single, 2x Double WTA Tour Championships Winner (2 S-RUP)
209 weeks at no.1 (4th place, max consecutive: 80&73), 3x no.1 year ender
No.1 both in singles & doubles for 35 weeks. (1 of 5)
Calendar Doubles Grandslam Winner (1 of 4)/Rank 4 or higher - 6 straight yrs

Chris Evert Queen of the WTA!
18 Singles Grandslams (record 7 French) 16 Singles Grandslams Runner-up
157 Singles Titles, 7x no.1 year ender (never ranked lower than 4 in career: 18 yrs)
0.9 win ratio, 90% SF or better, 125 match win streak on clay
lecciones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 11:59 PM   #10
country flag KYLIE

KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post

you know what?

you can keep your nasty ass stuff cause when capriati comes back AND when she reaches the Semis, the other girl better forfeit right then and there cause we all know jen wont lose ANOTHER 3rd set...she'll kill the bitch first!
KYLIE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 12:03 AM   #11
country flag GoDominique

GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute GoDominique has a reputation beyond repute

$0.05.
GoDominique is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 12:06 AM   #12
country flag JohnRoberts

JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light JohnRoberts is a glorious beacon of light

I missed her. Her match against Henin at the US open is the best WTA match I have ever seen.
JohnRoberts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #13
country flag KYLIE

KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all KYLIE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique View Post
$0.05.
SO is that your going rate then?

Wow, well you must be on some hard times...
KYLIE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 12:59 AM   #14
country flag Mr. Magassi

Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all Mr. Magassi is a name known to all

it would be great to see Jenn on court again... in great shape and eager to fight... i want her in a US Open semi, but i want her to win the damn thing already...
Mr. Magassi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #15
country flag Knizzle

Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute Knizzle has a reputation beyond repute

If she ever made it back to a US Open semifinal, I'd wish her an ounce of luck. If she made it to the final then ok, if not then too damn bad.
Knizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote