What are the religious inclinations of the top wta players? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #136
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of
Re: What are the religious inclinations of the top wta players?

What do you mean 'facts'?

If either of you had bothered to google it you would have seen her interviews where she says it is her baptismal cross and she never takes it off for that reason. She has also credited God with giving her tennis talent. She is either religious or likes to pretend she is.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #137
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

you must have a rather casual definition of being religious
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #138
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Being a member of a religion and believing in god? I thought that was the universal definition of being religious.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #139
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH both wings View Post
Hey, leave the poor Satanists alone, will you? Not only do you deny them their right to worship their god in public, you rub in their faces that the greater evil that cheated and defeated their god now can, and by your word, _should_ be worshipped.

Could you please stop dishing out double standards and become a little more open minded about public display of religiousity?
Speak about the devil & it appears ...sheez pile of horse shit
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #140
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Being a member of a religion and believing in god? I thought that was the universal definition of being religious.
so going to a place of worship every week makes you religious?
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #141
country flag Caesar1844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
so going to a place of worship every week makes you religious?
Not if you don't believe in God. But Sharapova has said in more than one interview she believes in God.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #142
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #143
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Lauren Davis does the sign of the cross and looks up to God after her wins
GOATdin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #144
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AureaLibertas View Post
Pretty funny considering your favorite is easily the most religious player in the top 10
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #145
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
Pretty funny considering your favorite is easily the most religious player in the top 10
Yes. It's rather unfortunate.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #146
country flag #1SteffiGraf#1

#1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future

Interesting thread. Religion talk on message boards almost always become negative.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hingis Fan est. 1996
Pova Fan est. 2009
#1SteffiGraf#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #147
country flag Sloejelly

Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold Sloejelly is a splendid one to behold

Margaret Court is now a pentecostal minister in Western Australia. She's very outspoken about the "evils" of homosexuality (hence the protest on the Margaret Court Arena at the last(?) AO, or the one before).
Sloejelly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #148
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation

Being a good calvinist and a pro tennisplayer at the same time is impossible because it's a big sin to do anything but to sit in the church on sunday and listen for at least 3 hours on how we will all burn in hell.
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #149
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Radwanska must be in shock today (cause God's rottweiler a.k.a the pope unprecedentedly decided to resign/abdicate)
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #150
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
Being a good calvinist and a pro tennisplayer at the same time is impossible because it's a big sin to do anything but to sit in the church on sunday and listen for at least 3 hours on how we will all burn in hell.
In Finland about 75 % of Finns are the members of The Evangelical Lutheran Church, but for the most of them it is very nominal membership. Many belong to the Church just because of white weddings and funerals and about 1,5 % of Finns go to the church on Sundays. The only political party in Finland that usually mention the Bible in politics are Christian Democrats who got about 4 % support in parliamentary elections. Surely Christmas is a popular event in the middle of the winter, but it has very little to do with religion nowadays.

By the way, I just heard the Pope has decided to abdicate!
Exordes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote