Wimbledon - Day 1 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 10:12 AM   #1
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute
Wimbledon - Day 1

Woke up at 5am, as I had to get the 6:21 tram to Wimbledon Station. It's about a mile and a half from the station to the grounds, so the offer of taking a taxi right to the end of the queue was very appealing. Even before 7am there was a huge queue that seemed to stretch for miles. I took my place and thought *sigh*....I finally made it!! Then looked at my watch and realized I had 3 1/2 hours to go! Time went sort of quickly, we were finally moving, and by 10:30 I had my grounds pass!! I met Elisse and Lapin in our designated place....I was a little nervous about meeting them, but after a few minutes, it seemed we had known each other forever We then found Gallofa with a couple of friends (which wasn't difficult....the Spanish flag was very easy to spot ). It was a blast meeting her after all this time! We went through the order of play, and they were planning their day around the Spanish players, while Lapin, Elisse and I were looking forward to Momo's match at the end of the day.
Stopped by to see Natasha Z. play; saw Clarisa and Marta Marrero also. We then decided to meet by the practice courts to see you-know-who. We saw Virginie, Chanda, Kim, Justine, Lisa and Rennae, Iva, Elena L. and Eleni (with a cute little blonde....they were thisclose ) but no Momo .
She was supposed to play on Court 3 right after Kafelnikov, so we took a spot there. Then the Wimby Wankers went and switched courts on us.....looking at the scoreboard, we saw she was switched to Court 1. We ran like the dickens and got there when Momo was up 5-0 in the first set. Since this is a showcourt and you need a ticket, Lapin gave them a sob story and we got in When we took our seats, she gave up one game but won the set The second set was another story. Let's just say that her evil twin took over and leave it at that. At 0-2 down in the third, we were having a cow. I thought for sure that that was it. But with our shouting (at least we'd have liked to think so), she won the next 6 games, and now moves on.
We'll be there tomorrow, yelling with whatever voice we have left Wish us, and Momo, good luck!!

P.S. - The white version of the outfit...looked...

Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:02 PM   #2
galadriel

galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute galadriel has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for this report.
Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:37 PM   #3
country flag Lapin

Lapin has disabled reputation
Here's my contribution......!

Sorry this one's a bit grainy

Lapin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2002, 12:51 PM   #4
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Wow!!!
Thanks a lot for sharing the pics!!!She looks so !!!!!
Old Jun 26th, 2002, 01:32 PM   #5
mettabear

mettabear is an unknown quantity at this point
..thankyou so much

I'm feeling a bit green, your so close to her !!!!!!!!

but have a fantastic time Lapin, Linnie etc.. you deserve it and i'm very grateful for the way you share with us.....it's almost like being there as well

luv
metta