Maria's New Doodle - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #1
country flag ImaVeggie

ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future ImaVeggie has a brilliant future
Maria's New Doodle

My Trip To N.Y.
2/19/07

Hello everyone!

Wanted to update all of you on my hamstring......Friday was my first day officially back in action. Meaning I practiced without protecting my leg and went to the gym without thinking 'what can I do that won't hurt this'. It's still not perfect but so much better than last week. On top of that, when I got back from Tokyo I got some sort of viral infection, which the doctor told me I won't get better from, unless I take antibiotics. If you decide to go to a doctor in the States there's a very small chance you're walking out of there without a prescription for an antibiotic. My nose is still a running faucet and I think I developed two extra ab muscles that I never knew existed just by blowing my nose so much.....hey, at least there's a positive!

My trip to N.Y was actually really fun! Anna Wintour hosted a party for me at Cafe Cluny, and invited so many amazing designers. I met Vera Wang....who would have thought she is a tennis fanatic? We made a deal that she would design my wedding dress..... whenever that day would come of course. I told her let's take it a step at a time!

Why is it that whenever I go to N.Y, I come back with twice as much stuff as when I left home? Not only was my bag completely over-loaded, but I took up half of my friends.

I bought this coat a few months ago that I knew I could never use when I'm in L.A but it's a girl's job to buy unnecessary objects right?. Ok so upon hearing that there was going to be a huge snow storm in N.Y, I can't tell you how excited I was about bringing this coat into action. To my disappointment it turned out to be too warm for Cali and way too cold for N.Y. How am I supposed to know what a snow storm feels like!! Oh wait I was born in Siberia! And on top of that I don't think Stella McCartney considered snow when she was making her boots...... after walking on what looked like ice but turned out to be water underneath, I found out that the boots were not exactly waterproof. But I can only blame myself because I don't remember them coming with a waterproof sticker.

Snow flakes are usually so romantic but when you don't know how to put your feet down on the snow or when your boots are filled with water......it's not exactly a dream situation to be in ESPECIALLY during Valentine's Day! But other than that my V-day was pretty successful. I became a UNDP Ambassador, which is not only an amazing honor for me but for my family as well. You don't realize what a strong influence you can be to the world when you're growing up, but going to the UN headquarters and meeting with staff about future poverty programs that are going to save millions of people around the world makes me realize how lucky I really am. And coming back to your hotel room to find roses waiting for you adds to the occasion.

The UNDP press conference was probably one of the most stressful things I have ever done in my career.....I was sweating profusely!! Let's just say it was not the usual 'how did you hit your forehand today' kind of deal. One reporter asked me something like....with all the wars and poverty happening around the world what changes do we, as humans, have to make? Where would you like to see the world end up? All of a sudden I didn't mind talking about my forehand.

I was having B-fast with a friend the other day and I was telling her how I think it's pretty ridiculous when you're on a date and when the guy is adding the tip to the bill he rounds up the cents to the make the amount equal. So if the bill is $100.70 he adds $19.30 as a tip. I mean is the 30 cents really necessary?? A guy sitting next to us, who we now found out was listening to our whole conversation ( which is actually quite dangerous!! haha) asked me what's wrong with that? I was like how do you picture the waitress going to the register and taking coins out as part of her tip. He was like 'I actually never thought of that!'. I just think that's plain wrong!

I hope all you love birds enjoyed yourselves on V-day, and if you didn't.....I promise that holiday is sooo over-rated! Maria
ImaVeggie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 11:10 AM   #2
country flag Emina.

Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute Emina. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria's New Doodle

oh Mashenka

-
Emina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 12:07 PM   #3
country flag Dan23

Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute Dan23 has a reputation beyond repute

great doodle once again Maria
I'd be listening to her conversations too if I was there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaVeggie View Post
The UNDP press conference was probably one of the most stressful things I have ever done in my career.....I was sweating profusely!! Let's just say it was not the usual 'how did you hit your forehand today' kind of deal. One reporter asked me something like....with all the wars and poverty happening around the world what changes do we, as humans, have to make? Where would you like to see the world end up? All of a sudden I didn't mind talking about my forehand.
thought so

Quote:
I became a UNDP Ambassador, which is not only an amazing honor for me but for my family as well.
pavlyuchenkova

Dan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #4
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #5
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Another great doodle

(we do have a topic for this though)

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #6
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

About the tipping thing--see, what Maria is missing here is that guys don't have purses to carry around all that change in. No self-respecting guy is going to want to walk around with a pocket full of coins.....tips are the best place to unload them!

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #7
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute

I've always heard that Anna Wintour was the Devil. Apparently she's not that bad!

Good doodle, as always.

Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 03:55 PM   #8
country flag xan

xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute xan has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see Masha's injury seems to be improving.

But it's bad form for a Russian not to know how to deal with snow!

Official Hitman of the Maria Mafia
xan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #9
Lefty.
박규리

Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute Lefty. has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice blog. I think she's getting a little too comfortable with the California weather though. She's not dealing with snow very well.

Lefty. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #10
country flag Shimizu Amon

Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future Shimizu Amon has a brilliant future

I love Masha's doodles, she's a very special girl and it shows in so many aspects of her life how special she really is.

4452... Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria's Official Slayer of the Maria Mafia

Devoted to Maria Sharapova, Mary Pierce and Steffi Graf
Shimizu Amon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #11
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome doodle there always awesome though. Thanks for posting
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #12
country flag TaliaSecondServe

TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all TaliaSecondServe is a name known to all

Quote:
But it's bad form for a Russian not to know how to deal with snow!
It's ok for former Sochi resident
TaliaSecondServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #13
country flag shad9480

shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all shad9480 is a name known to all

Maria...haha . Luv her blog...as always

"I worked very hard, and I didn't have all the things being given to me. You know, not everyone came up to me and said, you know, here's all this money, and here's a car, and here's a house, and here, I'll give you this match..." - Maria Sharapova

9966..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Official Asian Dwarf of the Maria Mafia
shad9480 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #14
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My trip to N.Y was actually really fun! Anna Wintour hosted a party for me at Cafe Cluny, and invited so many amazing designers. I met Vera Wang....who would have thought she is a tennis fanatic? We made a deal that she would design my wedding dress..... whenever that day would come of course. I told her let's take it a step at a time!
Oh good so there actually was a party. Nice! I thought it didnt push through or something as I didnt see pix.

Quote:
And coming back to your hotel room to find roses waiting for you adds to the occasion.
Wonder who her Valentine was?

Anyway, about the press conference. Maria handled herself extremely well but when that war question came up...even I was for her. You could see in her face she was pretty taken aback by the ques and unsure of how to respond and it took a few seconds to collect her thoughts. Hopefully, this gets her to be a liiiittle more upbeat in her post match win pressers.
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 08:52 AM   #15
country flag Porcupine

Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of Porcupine has much to be proud of

Great blog ance again Maria!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellascarlett View Post
Anyway, about the press conference. Maria handled herself extremely well but when that war question came up...even I was for her. You could see in her face she was pretty taken aback by the ques and unsure of how to respond and it took a few seconds to collect her thoughts. Hopefully, this gets her to be a liiiittle more upbeat in her post match win pressers.
That war question was I thought it was an essay's topic or something
こうして閉じれば見えてくる

------------------------------------
Official Gunslinger Girl of the Maria Mafia.
8373..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl

Is cuter than ?
Porcupine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote