Martina's diary after Australian Open 2007 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 05:53 AM   #1
country flag samsam4087

samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future samsam4087 has a brilliant future
Martina's diary after Australian Open 2007

DIARY

January 30, 2007
Well,the Australian Open is over and surprise,surprise-Federer won!
Roger has no peer at the moment and is only playing against tennis history and for his place within it. What mastery. The only way players can compete against him now is 2 out of 3 sets as that puts a little bit more pressure on him. 3 out of 5 Roger just knows he has the upper hand as someone would have to play pretty flawless tennis over 5 sets. And no one has been able to do that other than Nadal on clay. The French open will be very interesting.

And now on to Serena Wiliiams winning-wow. She certainly had her game face on during the tournament-the finals particularly-and her game got better as the tournament went on. Nadia Petrova could have and should have beaten Serena in straight sets, but got a little careful. Williams served her way out of trouble repeatedly and won that match as well as against Peer and Vaidisova. How well she could move with that frame of hers is amazing. Because she is carrying a little extra weight she is not as quick as she used to be, but once Serena gets moving, she is still very fast and man oh man, her serve is a thing of effortless beauty. I am surprised at her how she dismantled Sharapova in the finals. Like I said-the French will be very interesting.

Speaking of which-Juro Kralik and I are doing an exhibition of Art Grand Slam in Paris later this year-details to come later-and this week-the first week in February-Juro and I will be making more creations in Sarasota.

On the political side-just how much more power is president Bush planning on giving himself? We don't have a lame duck president, but we just might have a lame-duck Congress if he keeps going in this direction....

What do you guys think?
samsam4087 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 06:03 AM   #2
country flag Sally Struthers

Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute Sally Struthers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Martina's diary after Australian Open 2007

Quote:
How well she could move with that frame of hers is amazing. Because she is carrying a little extra weight she is not as quick as she used to be, but once Serena gets moving, she is still very fast and man oh man, her serve is a thing of effortless beauty.
classic Martina backhanded compliment
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 06:25 AM   #3
country flag ctan88

ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of ctan88 has much to be proud of

Where did u get this from?

MYSKINA ... THE TENNIS WORLD NEEDS YOU - PLEASE JUST COME BACK ALREADY!!! THE WTA NEEDS SOME QUALITY ENTERTAINMENT HAHA

BEST OF LUCK ALSO TO CHAKVETADZE ... THE FUTURE OF WOMENS TENNIS
ctan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 08:17 AM   #4
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

Polikarpov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #5
country flag OrdinaryfoolisNJ

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future

I have never liked Martina Hingis (especially after her antics against Graf in the 1999 FO), but she speaks truth in the above posted article. I couldn't believe how well Serena moved either being extra extra "bootylicious" at the moment. ! In my opinion, Shrieky wasn't playing awesome in her last few matches at the AO, and Serena could have bageled her...instead she settled for a breadstick. Glad to see my girl Serena "back" (although, I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket over one major win...I need to see some long term consistency first...after all I'm a ChrissieE fan!).

As for The FedXpress -- remember in the days when people called the Martina (Nav) and Chrissie Show boring because no one else was truly in their class? Well, I don't hear as many gripes about Fed rolling over everybody. What RFed did to Andy Roddick at the AO surely opened my eyes that at present he is above and beyond peer. Someone's gotta step up and at least give the guy more of a game.

I wonder what Jimmy Connors thought of Roddick's loss...and if they're working even harder. James Blake needs some help right now, as he's looking vulnerable in my opinion...and so is Nadal on everything but clay!

Oh well, guess I better return to the past, cause the present (other than Serena) isn't all that interesting for me at the moment...

"I still feel in the back of my mind that when Serena is committed and in shape, she's the best player"
Chris Evert ESPN May 2007
OrdinaryfoolisNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 05:10 PM   #6
country flag austinrunner

austinrunner has disabled reputation

It's Navratilova's diary, not Hingis's.
austinrunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote