Olga Govortsova Thread - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 10th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #376
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Olga Govortsova Thread

She won 4 and 5 against Domi- now into the final against either Wozniacki or Vesnina.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 10th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #377
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

Almost lost the second set after squandering a 4-1 lead, but still came through.
Best run since Moscow.
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 04:32 AM   #378
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Good Job!

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~Giorgi~
Oprandi~Radwanska~Li~Mayr~Voegele

Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #379
country flag benji48

benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future

Black - Cetkovska - Dellacqua - Dolonc - Domachowska - Erakovic - Huber - Jans - Jugic - Jurak - Kania - Kawa - Knapp - Kvitova - Linette - Lisicki - Makarova - Mattek - Pennetta - Petrova - Pironkova - Piter - Radwanska² - Robson - Rosolska - Scheepers - Spears - Stephens - Stevenson - Stosur - Suarez Navarro - Vesnina - Zakopalova - Zaniewska
benji48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #380
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 11th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #381
country flag HowardH

Thanks to Aravanecaravan (IHeartMasha). Full size, and more lovely pics on IHeartMasha's flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28300821@N05/

Old Apr 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #382
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the pics! Makes taking them worthwhile. It was fun discovering some "new faves" this week. Olga seems like she has a pretty solid game. Hope she can give Caro a run for her money today in the final.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #383
country flag HowardH

Your pics are great .

Olga is a rather pretty girl I think: she's in great shape too. She's definitely easy on the eyes. I've been waiting for her to do something good, her game is very similar to her countrywoman Victoria Azarenka, but with a bigger serve and slightly slower court coverage/tenacity. She's also more inconsistent and doesn't make the same sound Vika does. But I think possibly she could rise a bit more. It all depends on whether she can figure out how to improve further. Most pros cannot figure it out and remain at the same level for years when they tour. Those that can improve rise. She's been at her current level for a couple of years, she needs to make a step up. Doing well against Caro in the final would be a good sign- last time she was in a final, end of year against Schiavone in Moscow, she played poorly and lost easily (3 and 0 I think).
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #384
country flag HowardH

Choked from double break up in the second set, epic game serving at 5-4 for the second set, eventually doublefaulted to be broken after saving about 7 BPs mostly on second serves, then just went away quietly and lost 7-5 in the second. Caro only won 30% of points on her second serve but still won . I hope this doesn't affect Olga mentally in a negative way.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #385
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that was an epic choke (not the first time this happens to her, though).
She had a good run, but she needs to take advantage of opportunities like this when her opponent is looking vulnerable. She's got to believe that she can beat those players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Olga is a rather pretty girl I think: she's in great shape too. She's definitely easy on the eyes.
Absolutely. I remember seeing her hanging out with Olga Puchkova (who is originally from Belarus, and a fine-looking woman herself) at a tournament a couple years ago. They were giggling a lot and seemed to be getting along really well. I told them they should have played doubles together - they surely would have been of the best-looking teams in the draw. They seemed to like the idea, but of course it was already too late to enter.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #386
country flag HowardH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritof42 View Post
I told them they should have played doubles together - they surely would have been of the best-looking teams in the draw.
Absolutely true, they would look great together, and it sounds like they would have good chemistry too. Did you actually tell them they would have been one of the best looking teams? Or were you just thinking that part? The two Olgas in matching doubles outfits . Too bad Miss Puchkova seems to have completely forgotten how to play.
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #387
country flag Spiritof42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Absolutely true, they would look great together, and it sounds like they would have good chemistry too. Did you actually tell them they would have been one of the best looking teams? Or were you just thinking that part? The two Olgas in matching doubles outfits . Too bad Miss Puchkova seems to have completely forgotten how to play.
I did tell them, which was quite out of character for me because I'm usually very shy around tennis players (especially the cute ones).

I remember reading somewhere that Olga P.'s father became ill around 2007. I don't know what it was exactly, but it seemed serious (cancer?), and she hasn't been the same since. I'm not saying this is the only reason for her drop in the rankings, but having to deal with that kind of situation can obviously be tough for a tennis player (remember Myskina's spectacular dip in form at the time her mother was having health problems?). I hope Olga P.'s father is doing better, but I have no more information on that subject. She's still having trouble winning matches in 25K ITF events.

Meanwhile, Olga G. is scheduled to face Dushevina today. Not much time to catch her breath. It's going to be interesting to see if she can have two good weeks in a row.
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #388
country flag HowardH

Quote:
Meanwhile, Olga G. is scheduled to face Dushevina today. Not much time to catch her breath. It's going to be interesting to see if she can have two good weeks in a row.
Not enough time to recover it seems. A lot of the lower tier players are not used to going deep into tournaments and find it particularly tough to recover. Olga lost 8 games in a row then retired.
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #389
country flag Spiritof42

I was afraid something like this might happen.
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 09:17 AM   #390
country flag benji48

benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future benji48 has a brilliant future

Black - Cetkovska - Dellacqua - Dolonc - Domachowska - Erakovic - Huber - Jans - Jugic - Jurak - Kania - Kawa - Knapp - Kvitova - Linette - Lisicki - Makarova - Mattek - Pennetta - Petrova - Pironkova - Piter - Radwanska² - Robson - Rosolska - Scheepers - Spears - Stephens - Stevenson - Stosur - Suarez Navarro - Vesnina - Zakopalova - Zaniewska
benji48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote