*^*Margalita Chakhnashvili*^* - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #1051
country flag bgr4

bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold
Re: *^*Margalita Chakhnashvili*^*

Maka's decision for this week is really confusing me . She could've been seeded in either Palermo or Bad Gastein qualies, but decided instead to play a 25K artificial grass court tournament in Imola, Italy. She's never been too successful on grass, granted her only times playing on the surface were in huge WTA level tournaments, but it just surprises me with the extreme change of surfaces she puts herself through. She played on hard in Pozoblanco, played on clay in Biarritz, will presumably play on grass(carpet) this coming week, and back to clay the following week in Petange. She must really like variety . Oh well, I will always be a huge supporter anyway! Good luck Maka!!!

I love the pic of Maka and Eleni at the net before the match by the way!

Patty Schnyder |:| Jill Craybas
Jarkko Nieminen |:| Julien Benneteau |:| Roger Federer
:|:Elena Baltacha:|:
Ina Garten |:| Dido |:| Julianna Margulies
bgr4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #1052
country flag bgr4

bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold bgr4 is a splendid one to behold

I got really bored on my flight so I decided to go back and look at all of Maka's ITF titles. She's won 10 singles titles over her career - 5 10Ks(2 on hard, 3 on clay), 4 25ks(all 4 on clay), and 1 50K(on clay) - and 4 doubles titles - 1 10K(on clay with Senoglu), 2 25Ks(1 on hard with Davydova, and 1 on clay with Olaru), and 1 50K(on clay with Beygelzimer)! Congratulations Maka!!!

Last edited by bgr4 : Jul 11th, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #1053
country flag bgr4

Maka won her first round singles match in Imola today!!! She beat Stefanelli 75 64 . Good luck in the next round Maka!!!

Old Jul 15th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #1054
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Maka lost R2 to Abramovic

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 10:58 PM   #1055
country flag bgr4

Maka plays a qualifier or lucky loser in R1 of the 100K in Petange, Luxembourg!!!! I know it's not a 100% guaranteed victory, but Maka will definitely have the ranking advantage!!! Good luck girly!!!!

Old Jul 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #1056
country flag bgr4

Maka beat Vivienne Vierin in R1 of Petange today!!! That's 18 points and a nice chunk of prize money! With the 8 points from Imola and these, she should be in the top 200 next week!!! She plays Cetkovska in the next round , but I know Maka can do it !

Old Jul 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #1057
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

I swore someone on my twitter feed said Maka lost to Jugic-Salkic (I wasn't sure who Maka was playing because I haven't been paying too much attention to this draw) so it's a nice surprise to see she won and took advantage of a good draw. I'm also glad she's playing ITF events and not WTA qualies, like she unsuccessfully did this time last year.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 01:59 AM   #1058
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

3-6 3-6 to Cetkovska

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #1059
country flag hellas719

#207 this week

Old Aug 5th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #1060
country flag bgr4

A few updates for those who are interested:

- Maka is into US Open qualies easily
- Maka is playing Swiss Interclubs the next few weeks just like she did last summer
- Maka's team is Olivia Sanchez(FRA), Maria Abramovic(CRO), Michel Lara(SUI), Céline Cattaneo(FRA/SUI), Gaëlle Widmer(SUI), Imane Maëlle Kocher(SUI), and Mélina Gonzalez(SUI)
- She played Irina Buryachok and won 60 63 in her first singles match
- Partnered with Maria Abramovic, she won her first doubles match against Buryachok/Sabino 76 64
- She played and lost to Bammer 63 62 in the next club match
- Again partnering Abramovic, she won against Bammer/Gehrlein 26 63 107
- She didn't play singles in the next match, but lost a close doubles match with Abramovic against Vögele/Knoll 36 76 610

Last edited by bgr4 : Aug 7th, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #1061
country flag bgr4

Maka's been doing very well in the Swiss Interclubs!!!
- Maka beat Feuerstein 76 61, but no doubles
- Maka beat Perrin 57 63 62, and again no doubles.
- Maka's team made the semifinals qualifying in the second spot of the four , and the play Bammer's team again to try and reach final

Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:37 PM   #1062
country flag bgr4

Maka plays Jing-Jing Lu in the first round of the US Open Qualies!!! Good luck girl!!

Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 03:24 AM   #1063
country flag hellas719

GL Maka!

I'll try to go as I'm probably going tomorrow, but it all depends on Georgatou vs. Kolar as that is the main match I want to see

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 03:43 AM   #1064
country flag hellas719

76 36 16
I got pics though and I'll post them after the USO

My report:
So then I went to Court 15/16 (they’re next to each other) and I watched Flipkens-Beygelzimer and Chakhnashvili-Lu at the same time. I wanted Flipkens and Chakhnashvili since they are players who I always root for and neither of them won . I’ll start with Chakhnashvili. First, her hair is much different then I expected. I expected big, poofy black curly hair like we usually see in pictures but instead her hair was straight (a little poofy but she tried to keep it straight ) and the color was sort of reddish-brown so she must’ve dyed it . Anyways, I wasn’t really paying attention until the first set TB and Maka won. By watching this match you can easily tell that Maka is more of a clay-courter and Lu hits hard and flat so she’s better on the faster surfaces. Both players had crowd support. Maka had her team cheering for her and on the other side of the court there was this girl waving a Georgian flag after every point Maka won which I thought was really cool since she probably lives in NY and I’m sure USO is the only chance for her to see Georgian athletes live since there are not too many of them in other sports (Unless she goes to Atlanta vs. NY in the NBA ). Lu had a lot of Chinese-Americans cheering for her so the atmosphere was pretty nice. The second set was still close, but Lu raised her level a bit and she sort of figured out Maka’s game. The third set was a disaster for Maka. She just gave up and totally didn’t care. She would try hard in patches and when things wouldn’t go her way she would give up for a few games, then get motivated again and then stop. She just looked tired and it was really hot out there, and Lu took advantage and won

Old Aug 27th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #1065
country flag bgr4

When I saw how Maka's qualy section turned out, I got so disappointed once again. That was a huge opportunity.