Serena Williams - RENAISSANCE WOMAN - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 8th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #1
country flag Dasha_

Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute Dasha_ has a reputation beyond repute
Serena Williams - RENAISSANCE WOMAN

BY ASHLEY HORSFORD

Not only did Serena Williams dismantle world no.1 Maria Sharapova in the final of the Australian Open; the American served up a large chunk of humble pie for her many critics as she defied the odds and produced possibly one of the finest displays ever witnessed in a women’s Grand Slam final.

Williams’ 6-1 6-2 victory in just 63 minutes was a sharp reminder of the awesome talent that she possesses and brought on fits of nostalgia.

Williams (right) had not dominated the court in such a manner since her zenith where she was the sport’s most dominant force, holding all four Grand Slam titles at one time from the 2002 French Open to the 2003 Australian Open.

Even when she won the Australian Open for the second time in 2005, she did not put together the type of performance that she did recently.

Her serve was ferocious, her movement uninhibited and her court coverage absolute. Where strength was required she pounded her opponent and when delicacy was needed, her touch was sublime.

Sharapova had no answer to a player, who when fit and firing, is the women’s version of Roger Federer. She was simply unplayable in the final after what was a rocky road.

Twice in previous rounds of the tournament, Williams’ opponents had served for the match and on both occasions she came back from the dead to proceed.

Some claimed that she would never return to her previous imperioys levels, that she was, to some extent, a spent force in the game that made her famous.

She was written off as some cynics believed her attention to the sport was waning in pursuit of more glamorous recognition in the worlds of fashion and acting.

On this evidence, if Williams remains injury-free, she looks set to dominate the elite of the women’s game and the broad grin that was etched on her face after the victory will not be the fleeting sight that it was between 2004 and 2006.

All top players experience nadirs at some point of their careers, their response is what sets them apart as great players. Williams’ retort was as comprehensive as they come and it seems her renaissance has begun in earnest.

Published: 08 February 2007
Issue: 1255

http://www.voice-online.co.uk:80/content.php?show=10828
"I dream of people watching me holding up my third Wimbledon trophy... Most of all I dream of being a good person to all that are inspired by me I dream of having girls, women, boys, men being fond of not only what I have done on the tennis court, or on the big screen or what I design but I dream of what people think of me as a person.
I dream that people think of me as a giving person as a person that
loves life and is fun to be around." - Serena

Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #2
country flag Mina Vagante

Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena Williams - RENAISSANCE WOMAN

gota love serena
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #3
country flag Dorcas Monjimbo

Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light Dorcas Monjimbo is a glorious beacon of light

That was good victory Serena. I always knew she had more unexplored potentials which we are all going to see this year. Welcome back and more grease to your elbows. I think we should all learn from this to believe in ourselves and not what others say about us.
Dorcas Monjimbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #4
country flag vettipooh

vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute vettipooh has a reputation beyond repute

If she remains injury free and as determined and focus as she was at AO, there's no telling what heights will be achieved. Go Rena!!!!
I just enjoy these positive articles!!!! Thanks for posting!

And It's Not Over Yet...Just Wait....Wait.
vettipooh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote