"Nok" Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Cheering thread - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 9th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #121
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Nok" Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Cheering thread

Nok is playing in Pune this week!
She is the first seed in the quallies and won her first round match 60 61

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 9th, 2008, 08:44 AM   #122
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

An interview I found on Google:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/081108_Mu...8_wom00001.php

SWINGING HER WAY IN
Rising young tennis star Noppawan Lertcheewakarn volleys banter with ' Muse'

ANCHALEE KONGRUT

Noppawan "Nong Nok" Lertcheewakarn, the young tennis sensation dubbed as the next Tamarine Tanasugarn, becomes restless as the time approaches 1:45pm.

She tries to pay attention to 'Muse's' questions. But as another minute or two passes, the 16-year-old tennis rookie politely excuses herself despite the interview having not yet finished. She has good reason, she says, as she must be punctual for her training session, which ritually commences every day at 2pm.

No doubt, the World No. 3 junior - the highest rated junior in the history of Thai tennis - steps onto the court at exactly 2pm with her mammoth tennis bag. On the tennis court, the sun is scorching but she appears nonchalant. Her US coach, Chuck Kriese, is waiting with a cart loaded with brightly-coloured tennis balls.

Noppawan wastes no time. She warms up with a forehand, backhand and volley drill, until her honey-coloured skin is glazed with perspiration.

The afternoon practice - which was preceded by a two-hour morning session - will end at 4pm. Then, she must lift weights for another hour. Her schedule tomorrow will be similar to this day and the day before.

Off the tennis court, Noppawan is just a giddy teenager. She addresses famous tennis players as "tennis super stars" as if she was their fan, not their peer. She giggly says she likes Thomas Berdych, a Czech tennis player, because of his cute face and great serve. She adores Serena Williams because of her good nature. She worships Tamarine as her role model: "She taught me everything from game etiquette to off-the-court conduct, as well as how deal with the media," says the young court starlet.

She becomes quieter when the questions are directed towards her tennis career. With almost scripted sentences, she talks about her pressures, dreams and recent successes at two grand slam events - she was the runner-up of the 2008 Wimbledon junior singles and she won the 2008 US Open junior doubles.

"Right now, I am ranked 468th by the WTA [Women's Tennis Association] ... and my goal is to reach the top 20 in the next four years."

Her life is a full "things to-do" list, with her gruelling training schedule taking up most of the space. But her "not-to-do" list seems longer - no drinking, no staying up late, no driving (not to mention bicycling or riding motorcycles) and on top of everything, no injuries. Perhaps that's the price one must pay to succeed in the modern professional sporting arena.

Noppawan dropped out of school when she was 12 years old, with encouragement from her parents who saw their young daughter playing and winning all her tennis matches. However, the teenager admits to missing her classroom friends from Regina Cherie, a famous convent school in Chiang Mai, which she previously attended.

" I want to see my friends again ... but, I know I can't have it all," she says.

Unmistakably, Noppawan's face abruptly changes when the topic of education arises. She insists she still studies through the Ministry of Education's non-formal high school diploma programme.

"I have another form of education. I meet a lot of people. I always make new friends. I would say I am mature, compared to my peers."

That may sound overconfident, but her responsibilities, which came to her early in life, and her financial independence warrant the remark. Noppawan stopped asking her parents for an allowance when she was 13 years of age. She recently gave 30 per cent of her winnings to her parents. She pays for her and her family's insurance, and buys her own clothes and other luxury items such as a computer laptop and an iPhone - gadgets which connect her to the world off the tennis court.

Indeed, her tennis career has been rather smooth. Unlike her predecessor, who struggled to find sponsors early on, Noppawan was discovered when she was 12 years old by the Rico Foundation - founded by a Thai craft exporting company in Chiang Mai - which saw future in the young girl and covered her coaching fees and expenses.

Her first coach was Merek Malaszsak, the German tennis coach who has taught many young German tennis players, including the legendary Steffi Graff. Now, she is sponsored by the Petroleum Authority of Thailand, the Lawn Tennis Association of Thailand and the Southeast Asia Tennis Federation, as well as by companies such as Yonex and Adidas. Chaipak Siriwat, former politician and patron of Thai sport, also supports her in the form of accommodation and living expenses while she is in Bangkok, now her home. Such sponsorship and assistance helps pay for her high level of coaching, which costs around 3.8 million baht a year.

In her career approach, she reflects a maturity beyond her years. Her top concern is not when she will become famous, but how her momentum and physical condition can be maintained and improved.

"Many rising stars get to the top very quickly but fall down even quicker,"she says. "They overuse their bodies."

"I look for gradual improvement and am prepared to stay for the long haul," she says.

Sustainable development seems to be the philosophy of Noppawan and her team. Her coach, Kriese - who coached the US junior Davis Cup team - confirmed that Noppawan and the team are after neither fame nor fortune.

"We are focussing on process ... not product. Process involves going to work because you enjoy your career and working with good people. Product involves salary and accolades," says Kriese.

"Tennis is like music, writing or any form of art - you must fall in love with process. If you do the work, the rewards will come."

Kriese is adapting Noppawan's game to be effective on all court surfaces, especially the clay of the French Open, a surface she is not yet comfortable with. His goal is for her to become a player without any weaknesses, he says.

On the court, Noppawan tirelessly hits countless balls at the same angle, into the same spot. Most of her returns are precise and punctuated, but when they are too flat or long, her coach yells "Process, process, process."

Old Nov 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #123
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Good Luck Noppawan after your junior title last week !
Great to see her playing some ITF !
I love the picture ! ( and your avatar -sugi- !! Thanks for the interview )
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _

Last edited by JujulCactus : Nov 9th, 2008 at 12:24 PM.
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 01:17 PM   #124
country flag -sugi-

It says she beat Sanduska 64 63 although Sanduska is in the draw instead of Nok.

I can't believe she would lose to Sandusk though.
So I am sure it is a mistake.

If she did win, she is playing Silvia Disderi and then Jovanovski or Szatmari in round two.

Old Nov 11th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #125
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

I think she lose against Sandusk because the polish won her first round match in the main draw ...
Noppawan
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #126
country flag JujulCactus

I saw that she will play next week in the main draw of Kolkota 50 000$
Hope she will play some good tennis, and win some matches !
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #127
country flag -sugi-

I hope so too.

What a terrible loss to Sanduska. Nok is so inconsistent!

Old Nov 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #128
country flag JujulCactus

She is in Kolkota this week
Winnable first round against Julia Parasyuk ,
then a difficult round against South (or Lu)
Good Luck !!
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #129
country flag -sugi-

Kolkata R2 : Lertcheewakarn(THA) d. 1-South(GBR) 26 63 64

WOW

Inconsistent Nok

Old Nov 19th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #130
country flag JujulCactus

Keep going !!
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #131
country flag -sugi-

She lost to Elora in the quarter finals.

Old Nov 20th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #132
country flag JujulCactus

Noppawan
It was so close ...
Some persons say that the match was 5 hours long !
I don't know if it's possible
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 01:48 AM   #133
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the junior #1 ranking Noppawan

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 04:49 AM   #134
country flag JujulCactus

Noppawan is the number one !!!!
Congrats !
Old Dec 9th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #135
country flag -sugi-