"Nok" Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Cheering thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #76
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Nok" Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Cheering thread

Yeah, I hope she plays some more senior events. I noticed on the ITF calendar there was a $10,000 in Chiang Mai, which is where she comes from so I wonder if she will play there . Although I'd hope she would play more 25ks .

She has come under lots of scrutiny in the junior forum for being "over ranked" and having an "inflated ranking" and has been all kinds of names, and I just hope this run has shut them up.

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 6th, 2008, 12:21 AM   #77
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ her name
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 04:17 AM   #78
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future

Noppawan finishes runner up at Wimbledon

WIMBLEDON England July 05, 2008
Noppawan Lertcheewakarn's dream of winning Junior Wimbledon was dashed as she was beaten by Britain's 14-year-old Laura Robson in the girl's singles final at All England Club, England on Saturday.

Britain's 14-year-old rising star Laura Robson lifts up the trophy with a 6-3, 3-6, 6-1 victory over Thailand's Noppawan Lertcheewakarn in one hour and 33 minutes final clash in front an 11,000-strong crowd on Court One. Robson, the youngest left-hander in 64-player main draw, served four aces and won seven of the 13 break points she held, whereas the Chiangmai native had the one ace and clinched five of her 12 break points.

" It was tough when all the people were clapping for her. It was a lot of pressure on me, I was ready for that but it was a first time like this. I was really nervous and she played well today. At the beginning of the third set she do two unbelievable balls, hit winners on the line two times after long rallies and afterwards I was a little bit down. " said Noppawan, 16-year-old world No.5 who became the second Thai girl to reach the Junior Wimbledon final since Tamarine Tanasugarn in 1995.

" I was thinking I usually don't get this many people watching my matches. I think I lost the second set because I started getting annoyed with myself. So I sat down after the second set and I thought , well if I want to win this, then I have to change my attitude. " said Robson who become the first British Junior Wimbledon champion since Annabel Croft in 1984 and the next youngest after Martina Hingis in 1994 at 13 years old.
Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 04:29 AM   #79
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sugi- View Post
Yeah, I hope she plays some more senior events. I noticed on the ITF calendar there was a $10,000 in Chiang Mai, which is where she comes from so I wonder if she will play there . Although I'd hope she would play more 25ks .

She has come under lots of scrutiny in the junior forum for being "over ranked" and having an "inflated ranking" and has been all kinds of names, and I just hope this run has shut them up.
She has already won her first 25K ITF title this year in Indonesia, beating Gumulya in SF. She won't play 10K tournament anymore. But she will play 10K in Thailand. The tournament is taking place in Chiangmai, where she was born there. And she will play 25K tournament in Japan and Australia.

She will skip US open because her manager don't let her play. But Nok said she will be in ITF team to play US Open.

Now she don't have coach. She will work with her official coach, a guy from USA, staring from this month.
Jiro's Facebook

Last edited by jirobkk : Jul 6th, 2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #80
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute

that a good news!! i just want her to play more ITF level.
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #81
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirobkk View Post
She has already won her first 25K ITF title this year in Indonesia, beating Gumulya in SF. She won't play 10K tournament anymore. But she will play 10K in Thailand. The tournament is taking place in Chiangmai, where she was born there. And she will play 25K tournament in Japan and Australia.

She will skip US open because her manager don't let her play. But Nok said she will be in ITF team to play US Open.

Now she don't have coach. She will work with her official coach, a guy from USA, staring from this month.
Thanks for the info.

So Nok will be going to the US Open after all?
Although it will be a great experience, I wouldn't mind seeing her skip it to use her AER.

Seeing she's just inside the Top 500 right now, it wouldn't be wrong for her to still play some $10Ks, IMO. Good to hear that she'll be playing in Japan & Australia.
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 08:13 AM   #82
country flag Garfman5

Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all Garfman5 is a name known to all

I share your confusion, danker......what do you exactly mean, Jiro, will she or won't she participate at the US Open? (I mean: will skip and will play aren't both possible) If she was to play the US Open, though, it should probably be her last Junior GS, cuz I don't think players (especially girls) should play Junior GS in their 18th year.

I do hope her coach is gonna put some hard work into her serve, because with a serve like that she probably won't ever be anything more than an also-ran.....like a new Dementieva, or something
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM   #83
country flag jirobkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfman5 View Post
I share your confusion, danker......what do you exactly mean, Jiro, will she or won't she participate at the US Open? (I mean: will skip and will play aren't both possible) If she was to play the US Open, though, it should probably be her last Junior GS, cuz I don't think players (especially girls) should play Junior GS in their 18th year.

I do hope her coach is gonna put some hard work into her serve, because with a serve like that she probably won't ever be anything more than an also-ran.....like a new Dementieva, or something
Just talked to Nok's big boss, and confirmed that Nok will play US Open. And she will play more professional tournaments next year.

Chuck Kriese will be her new coach.
Jiro's Facebook
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 09:43 AM   #84
country flag jirobkk

Noppawan to turn pro
TOR CHITTINAND

Noppawan Lertcheewakarn intends to turn professional next year.

The 17-year-old Wimbledon Junior Girls finalist said she hoped to compete in the Australian Open, but first wants to work on some important aspects of her game.

"The Wimbledon final was good experience for me," said Noppawan, who is nicknamed "Nok".

"I felt the pressure from the crowd and I know I need to steady my temperament a little.

"I would like to play in the qualifying round in Australia and then try and get a good result like at Wimbledon.

"I have to train hard and work on my first serve, which is a problem."
Noppawan said she will now concentrate on collecting as many points as possible to break into the top 400.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/070708_Sp...08_sport23.php
Jiro's Facebook
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #85
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just talked to Nok's big boss, and confirmed that Nok will play US Open. And she will play more professional tournaments next year.

Chuck Kriese will be her new coach.

Why does she have a "big boss"? Who is this person? Can you explain the setup? Why can she not be her own boss?
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 04:37 PM   #86
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Nok's name is entered on the list for $25K Obihiro, JPN. Hope she does play.

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...order=Position
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 04:37 PM   #87
country flag jirobkk

Nok's schedule after Wimby.

Jul 28 Obihiro, JPN 25K Carpet O

Aug 11 Chiangmai, THA 10K Hard O

Aug 24 Quebec, CAN G1 Hard O

Aug 31 US Open, New York, USA GA Hard O

Sep 08 Lexington, USA G1 Hard O
Jiro's Facebook

Last edited by jirobkk : Jul 8th, 2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM   #88
country flag jirobkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by danker View Post
Nok's name is entered on the list for $25K Obihiro, JPN. Hope she does play.

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...order=Position
Actually she does not like playing on the Art. Grass in Japan. But there is no tournament to play.
Jiro's Facebook
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #89
country flag Rising Sun

Quote:
Nok's schedule after Wimby.

Jul 28 Obihiro, JPN 25K Carpet O

Aug 11 Chiangmai, THA 10K Hard O

Aug 24 Quebec, CAN G1 Hard O

Aug 31 US Open, New York, USA GA Hard O

Sep 08 Lexington, USA G1 Hard O
Wow, 3 junior tourneys!

Was hoping she'd play the $25Ks in Australia/Japan around the same time.
Old Jul 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #90
country flag Rising Sun

Quote:
Actually she does not like playing on the Art. Grass in Japan. But there is no tournament to play.
Yeah, there are so few $25K+ events in Asia this year...