"Nok" Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Cheering thread - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM   #46
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Nok" Noppawan Lertcheewakarn Cheering thread

She plays tomorrow.

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #47
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future

Noppawan shines bright at Wimbledon

WIMBLEDON England July 03, 2008
Thai rising star Noppawan Lertcheewakarn(ITF-5, WTA-489) moved a step closer to her first Grand Slam final after her senior Tamarine Tanasugarn reached Wimbledon Junior final in 1995. The Thai No.3 seed defeated Britons Naomi Broady(ITF-508, WTA-576) in three-set in the quarterfinal at All England Club, England earlier today.

Noppawan's remarkable run of form continued today when she came from a set down to prevail Britons 18-year-old Naomi Broady 6-7(6), 6-3, 6-4 in the quarterfinal lasting just three minutes short of two hours. The Chiangmai teenager won eight of the 26 break points she held, whereas Broady converted six of her 8 break points. Noppawan also kept her unforced errors to a minimum, conceding just 21 to Broady's 33.

The Thai 16-year-old world No.5 sets up semifinal clash with Belgian girl world No.49 Tamaryn Hendler, a 7-6(4), 6-3 upset win over No.2 seed Arantxa Rus of the Netherlands. Should Noppawan defeat Belgian Tamaryn Hendler, she will become the second Thai girl after Tamarine Tanasugarn to reach a grand slam final.

" Today I played well. I served for the first set at 6-5 and I had 2 set points but I can't close it out. She served so well in the tie-break and took the first set. She is a tall girl and has a big serve and very good backhand. But I returned serve well today. And I tried to attacked her forehand side. " said Noppawan, who has become the highest-ever Thai player to be ranked on the ITF World Junior Circuit after winning three consecutive titles in Asia in 2008.

" Actually grass court is not my favorite surface. I lost in the first round last year. The more match play on grass, the more I get used to it. And I think I like playing on grass more than last year. I was so happy to reach my first grand slam semifinal. I will try my best again tomorrow. " added the Chiangmai native, the only seed left in the competition.
Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #48
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope that one day Nok will continues Tammy's success for our Thais.
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #49
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Nok is in the final
With a terrible second set !!
Lot of winners, and net points
Good luck For your last match
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #50
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

Nok .

Can't wait to watch the final tomorrow on TV.
Really happy. Hopefully this shuts up some of the haters.

Old Jul 4th, 2008, 02:40 PM   #51
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sugi- View Post
Nok .

Hope Nok can dominate Briton 14-year-old, 2 year younger than Nok.
Jiro's Facebook
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #52
country flag -sugi-

Me too, and I'm British .

I am really excited because this is a player I have liked for some time and she is now getting really good results.

By the way, does anyone have any photos of her from Wimbledon? I can find none .

Old Jul 4th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #53
country flag -sugi-

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...176638046.html

Thai fighter into girls' final

Friday, 4 July 2008
Written by Michael Burke

Thailand’s Noppawan Lertcheewakarn defeated Tamaryn Hendler of Belgium 7-6, 6-3 to progress to her first junior Grand Slam final and become the first Thai girl to reach the final since Tamarine Tanasugarn in 1995.

Lertcheewakarn had a nervous start to the match, allowing Hendler to dominate the early games with aggressive tactics and a big forehand, the Belgian racing to an early break and a 3-1 lead in the first set.

Perhaps Lertcheewakarn took a while to become accustomed to the Belgian’s huge forehand but after the first four games the Thai’s confidence grew. As the same time the huge amount of effort Hendler was putting into the rallies took their toll and she began to struggle to maintain the Nadal-esque intensity.

This allowed the Thai to level at 3-3 before both players had a shaky end to the set, swapping five consecutive breaks of serve as returns ruled instead of serve. The set had to eventually be decided by a tie-break, which was won by the Thai fighter, who took her chances after waiting patiently for the right time to strike the final blow.

Hendler, who lost in the opening round last year to eventual champion Urszula Radwanska, has made huge improvements to her game but needs to focus more on controlling her thoughts and keeping a calm head. She clearly possessed greater power than Lertcheewakarn but when she lost the lead in the first set, errors began creeping in and her head dropped far too easily.

The Thai girl broke twice early in the second set, keeping her precision double-handed forehands and backhand ground strokes low and hard and stepping into the net at the right opportunity. She finished off the Belgian 6-3 and will now face British 14-year-old Laura Robson who won also in straight sets, 6-2, 7-5

Old Jul 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM   #54
country flag -sugi-

Old Jul 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM   #55
country flag Garfman5

Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Nok .

Definitely, no doubt now that she actually has some skills And why not win the final, I'd say?
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #56
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

They show junior final in England ? .....
Woo You're Lucky -sugi-
( and thanks for pictures )
Hope Noppawan will win this match !!!!!!!
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 03:36 PM   #57
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

That article isn't too complimentary to Nok. It's basically suggesting that Tamaryn gave it away.

Nok

I hope the final is not going to be on Court 2, otherwise I won't get to see it on Wimbledon Live...
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM   #58
country flag jirobkk

Quote:
Me too, and I'm British .

I am really excited because this is a player I have liked for some time and she is now getting really good results.

By the way, does anyone have any photos of her from Wimbledon? I can find none .
If you don't mind, I have lot of her pictures here http://www.jirobkk.com/player_profile_nok.htm

Click at her photo album
Jiro's Facebook
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #59
country flag Garfman5

Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light Garfman5 is a glorious beacon of light

There's also one of her in this article, 6th shot to the right: http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=18904
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #60
country flag -sugi-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirobkk View Post
If you don't mind, I have lot of her pictures here http://www.jirobkk.com/player_profile_nok.htm

Click at her photo album
Thank you Jiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfman5 View Post
There's also one of her in this article, 6th shot to the right: http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=18904
Thanks I like that one.